Does it make sense to purchase an X5r in 2023?
899 1 2023-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlessanDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22382 ft

Italy

Hello everyone,

in your opinion, can it still make sense to buy the following kit in 2023? Dji Inspire 1 Raw + Osmo Pro Raw + Zenmuse X5r (and all the various accessories, lenses, 2 ssd, lots of batteries etc.) . All for about 1400 € .

The purpose is as follows: to have a versatile ''air-ground'' (pass me the term) set to be able to try my hand amateurishly in music videos, commercials and shorts and on editing in RAW and a budget that does not exceed 1500/2000 €

I have two main concerns about this and they are as follows.

1) End of support from DJI for the mentioned products, which results in fear for possible compatibility with firmware etc.
2) Lacking hardware to be able to handle editing video in RAW 4k or RAW 1080p . currently I have an I7 12th , geforce 3060 6 gb and 32 gb ram that can be expanded. Obviously the idea is that the clip to be exported should not exceed 15/20 min.

If you have other suggestions for other ''air-ground'' options at that budget, any advice is more than welcome.

Thanks for any support!

Ale

2023-8-25
Use props
Morrisson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20710033 ft
  • >>>
United States

I still have and use an Inspire 1 X5R. The 4K footage that comes off of it is great. If you're looking for super high quality there's obviously the raw feature. If you're looking for YouTube quality the "low-res" on the micro SD card is great. I've recently started shooting with the Mavic 3 Pro Cine and it's spectacular...but also more costly. The Inspire 1 X5R is a great price and incredible footage.
2023-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules