I3 exposure/zebra value
896 9 2023-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
seattle_helo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56533511 ft
United States

I don't see this info in the manual or spec sheet. Has DJI published the exposure threshold for displaying zebras on brightly or overexposed portions of the frame? Do the zebras indicate 80 IRE? 90, 100 or some other value?
2023-8-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, seattle_helo. Thank you for reaching out. Let me confirm this with our relevant team, we'll let you know once we receive an update.
2023-8-27
Use props
seattle_helo
lvl.4
United States

Thank you.
2023-8-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, seattle_helo. Thank you for patiently waiting, we now received feedback from our relevant team. As per them, the zebras indicate 85%. Hope this helps.
2023-9-4
Use props
seattle_helo
lvl.4
United States

It does help- thank you.
2023-9-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

seattle_helo Posted at 9-4 16:08
It does help- thank you.

You are most welcome, seattle_helo. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-9-17
Use props
Coyut
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Having the option to set a custom zebra value (like on most cameras) would also help;)
2023-10-4
Use props
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

What they don't tell you is having a variable 5-9 stop variable filter for your drone is an essential item.  The I3 with it's lenses are extremely  sensitive to light and easily blow out the sky.  The zebras are way too distracting to leave on
2023-10-4
Use props
Coyut
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Josephsmith Posted at 10-4 13:21
What they don't tell you is having a variable 5-9 stop variable filter for your drone is an essential item.  The I3 with it's lenses are extremely  sensitive to light and easily blow out the sky.  The zebras are way too distracting to leave on

Sure, a  digital ND would have been nice. But unless you fly a FX9 all "cinema" grade drone solutions need manual nd management always been like this since the first drones.
I hear that iris control by the 3 channel focus controller works surprisingly smooth.

The FF for the I2 was actually unusable and only stepped the iris.

As for leaving the Zebra on. You got waveform scopes, which I always use to expose. For me, zebras are just a very quick reference. A reason why I would love to have to options to set them to a custom value. But for a correct exposure you should always use the waveform and histogram. Especially when shooting log.
2023-10-4
Use props
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Coyut Posted at 10-4 22:26
Sure, a  digital ND would have been nice. But unless you fly a FX9 all "cinema" grade drone solutions need manual nd management always been like this since the first drones.
I hear that iris control by the 3 channel focus controller works surprisingly smooth.

Yes agreed!

By the way, since polarpro is lacking anything higher than a 16 ND filter for the I3 (you will blow out your shots on a bright day with this but it can handle most sunsets), I highly recommend the NISI variable filter 1-5 stop and 5-9 stop filter for the I3.  They are a game changer
2023-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules