USB on-the-go (OTG) download
2002 7 2023-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_LTp6chuH4FSi
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi - connecting the Action2 to a PC via USB gives the option to download files to the PC, ie viewing the internal storage and SD-card storage as external drives.

However connecting to a phone/tablet (Android) using a USB-OTG cable only seems to allow charging.

It doesn't bring up the File Transfer option on the Action2 screen, and the Android device can't switch to controlling/viewing the file storage

I've had to take the SD card out and plug it into a card reader to transfer files, but this doesn't pick up the files on internal storage, so I'd have to move these to the SD first

Am i missing some setting, or is access via USB-OTG a no-no?

Cheers, Geoff
2023-9-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You may refer to the following on how to export photos/videos from DJI Action 2.

1. To export footage to a mobile phone, connect the camera to the DJI Mimo app.
2. To export footage to a computer, connect the camera to the computer using a USB-C cable.
3. If the footage is stored on a microSD card, read it directly with a card reader, etc.

Please note that the DJI Action 2 does not support OTG connection to export footage directly, only the DJI Osmo Action 3 and DJI Osmo Action 4. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-9-3
Use props
djiuser_LTp6chuH4FSi
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-3 16:57
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You may refer to the following on how to export photos/videos from DJI Action 2.

1. To export footage to a mobile phone, connect the camera to the DJI Mimo app.

Thanks for that information - it was what I expected.
Is there any future plan to support USB OTG on the Action 2 in the same way as the other cameras you mention?
2023-9-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_LTp6chuH4FSi Posted at 9-4 11:17
Thanks for that information - it was what I expected.
Is there any future plan to support USB OTG on the Action 2 in the same way as the other cameras you mention?

You are most welcome. We don't have any information if the DJI Action 2 will support OTG connection but we will take this as suggestion of yours and will forward it to our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your valued support!
2023-9-6
Use props
Peter Scargill
New

Spain

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-9-6 23:30
You are most welcome. We don't have any information if the DJI Action 2 will support OTG connection but we will take this as suggestion of yours and will forward it to our relevant team for attention. Thank you for your valued support!

PLEASE - it's a pain in the backside not being able to simply usb videos from the DJI Mini 2 to the PC.
4-23 07:44
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

Peter Scargill Posted at 4-23 07:44
PLEASE - it's a pain in the backside not being able to simply usb videos from the DJI Mini 2 to the PC.
last year it was possible!!
hallo dji  open the otg
I am not a fool,  it was possible
4-23 10:05
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

lutzmix Posted at 4-23 10:05
last year it was possible!!
hallo dji  open the otg
I am not a fool,  it was possible

We completely understand your frustration, and we want to assure you that your feedback and concerns have been duly noted and forwarded to our engineering team for further consideration towards the improvement of our products. We kindly request that you stay tuned to the DJI website for any updates in this regard. Your support means a lot to us, and we appreciate your patience as we work to enhance our products.
4-23 13:14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Peter Scargill Posted at 4-23 07:44

Hi there. We're sorry if this has been requested in the past but has not been implemented yet. We will continue to let such feedback reach the designated team for consideration. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
4-24 23:57
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules