A Future Consideration
289 3 2023-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SomeOtherGuy
New
United States

So far I have been enjoying my Osmo Action 1 with all of the accessories including the filters and different lenses. But I am considering getting an upgrade. My issue is that the Action 4 only has a 10 mega pixel still camera. I like to create still photos as well as videos. So 10 mega pixels is quite low by today's standards. The GoPro Hero 12 Black (Their newest camera) has a 27 mega pixel still camera. Along with the great features that already exist in the Action lineup I would like DJI to please consider upgrading the still camera on a newer product version. Thank you for your consideration.

2023-9-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We truly appreciate your input and are eager to pass it along to our team of skilled engineers. Your insights are instrumental in helping us improve and refine our products/services to better meet your needs and expectations. As always, should you need to contact us for any reason, please know that we are always here to help. Thank you for choosing DJI.
2023-9-7
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
China

Thanks for the advise.
Actually pixel size and resolution are different orientation for camera.
Take DSLR as example,  photo orientated camera e.x. Sony A7R turns to have more resolution , which helps with reframing in post process.
video orientated camera, e.x. sony FX3 turns to keep the 4K resolution are emphasize on pixel size, which improves light coming to each pixel.

Since action camera focuses on video, so maintain 4K size (8MP actuallty for 3840x2160) and larger pixel size is what action4 brings.

2023-9-7
Use props
SomeOtherGuy
New
United States

DJI-ytao Posted at 9-7 18:44
Thanks for the advise.
Actually pixel size and resolution are different orientation for camera.
Take DSLR as example,  photo orientated camera e.x. Sony A7R turns to have more resolution , which helps with reframing in post process.

That is not true. GoPro is up to 27 mega pixels for still shots on the Hero 12 Black and I think their video capabilities are now at 5k with 30 frames per second. So you can have both designed to be decent in one camera. That is what I am asking for in a DJI Osmo Action camera. Otherwise GoPro may get my business and I would rather not do that. Some may want to stick with mainly action videos. That's fine. Others, like me, want to also take great photos.
2023-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules