Disable in-drone panorama stitching?
655 7 2023-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alexbuisse
lvl.1

France

Hi,
I shoot a lot of panoramas, and always redo the stitching manually afterward from base DNG, using PTGui. Is there any way to disable the in-drone stitching? It means 30+ seconds during which I can't use the camera, which is very annoying.

If not possible, is this something that might be added to a future release?

Thanks!
2023-9-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There's no setting currently to do this.
2023-9-14
Use props
alexbuisse
lvl.1

France

DAFlys Posted at 9-14 01:32
There's no setting currently to do this.

I didn't think so, but hopefully this can be added in the future.
2023-9-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

alexbuisse Posted at 9-14 01:34
I didn't think so, but hopefully this can be added in the future.

Someone said once that if you start to fly away whilst its in the stitching process as long as you have raw turned on it will cancel the stitching and leave the raws but Ive never personally tested that myself.
2023-9-14
Use props
alexbuisse
lvl.1

France

DAFlys Posted at 9-14 01:36
Someone said once that if you start to fly away whilst its in the stitching process as long as you have raw turned on it will cancel the stitching and leave the raws but Ive never personally tested that myself.

It used to be the case on my Mavic 2 Pro, but the 3 doesn't do it anymore. Unfortunate that they fixed this issue!
2023-9-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

alexbuisse Posted at 9-14 01:37
It used to be the case on my Mavic 2 Pro, but the 3 doesn't do it anymore. Unfortunate that they fixed this issue!

Typical they fix the things no one complained about
2023-9-14
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 9-14 01:36
Someone said once that if you start to fly away whilst its in the stitching process as long as you have raw turned on it will cancel the stitching and leave the raws but Ive never personally tested that myself.

That was a bug in the first M3. Frustrated the hell out of me when I had several hundred 360s to capture and couldn't move the drone for 45 seconds.
2023-9-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. There is no option to disable the in-drone stitching. But if the DJI Mavic 3 Pro is used with a 3× focal length to shoot a Sphere Panorama, Panorama will not be synthesized. We appreciate your patience. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules