1032 12 2023-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I see that DJI are releasing a GPS remote that is compatible with the Osmo action 4 when will this be compatible with the Osmo Action 3
2023-9-14
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Never.
But they will direct your request to the appropriate department for evaluation.
2023-9-14
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

osmonauta Posted at 9-14 23:21
Never.
But they will direct your request to the appropriate department for evaluation.

Well I think that they will on this one as the packet says for DJI Osmo Action and they will sell loads to OA3 Owners as I dont think people will buy the OA4 just so they can use this new remote. Mind you I know what you mean lol
2023-9-15
Use props
m326
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Why wouldn't they make it compatible across the range (within reason) from the start?
2023-9-15
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

m326 Posted at 9-15 00:20
Why wouldn't they make it compatible across the range (within reason) from the start?

It is all about marketing and selling stuff. But on this occasion I think it will come to the OA3
2023-9-15
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

Bigplumbs Posted at 9-15 00:00
Well I think that they will on this one as the packet says for DJI Osmo Action and they will sell loads to OA3 Owners as I dont think people will buy the OA4 just so they can use this new remote. Mind you I know what you mean lol

There is a thread about this - forgot if it’s under the OA3 or OA4 forum - but someone brought up the exact same thing, that the packet says “Osmo Action”. And DJI responded saying, no, it is not compatible with the 3 but they will direct it to the right department, blah, blah, blah, the usual nonsense.

Ah, found it, here it is
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=295118&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D781%26typeid%3D781

2023-9-15
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

osmonauta Posted at 9-15 00:47
There is a thread about this - forgot if it’s under the OA3 or OA4 forum - but someone brought up the exact same thing, that the packet says “Osmo Action”. And DJI responded saying, no, it is not compatible with the 3 but they will direct it to the right department, blah, blah, blah, the usual nonsense.

Ah, found it, here it is

I know but I still think this will come to the OA 3................ Would you like a Bet ?
2023-9-15
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

I guess time will tell.
2023-9-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The Osmo Action GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller is only compatible with the DJI Osmo Action 4. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-9-15
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-15 16:30
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The Osmo Action GPS Bluetooth Remote Controller is only compatible with the DJI Osmo Action 4. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. Thank you for your understanding.

Here we go again the tedious nonsense from DJI
2023-9-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Bigplumbs Posted at 9-15 21:17
Here we go again the tedious nonsense from DJI

Thank you for your response. We can do so much. Please be aware that all suggestions will undergo evaluation, which sadly takes time. Furthermore, all customers are welcome to provide suggestions, which we would gladly forward to our relevant team however, not all suggestions will be approved as there might be some limitations such as hardware/firmware limitations. We appreciate your kind understanding. Have a nice day ahead.
2023-9-17
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

Hallo DJI
Make the OA2 remote control waterproof and add a bracelet and everyone is happy! What's so difficult?

IMG_20240210_082750.jpg
2-9 23:32
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

use a handheld gps and a it in Postproduktion

you cant extract the data

https://youtube.com/shorts/7Bv18DJtWbE?si=U0szyqUrJ776cxdj

2-16 01:01
Use props
Advanced