Gimball shake video
980 19 2023-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kamildrone
lvl.1
Poland

Hi,
I recorded a test video of the Mavic 3 while holding it in my hands and did not start the engines. The image on the x7 camera shakes a lot - is this normal? Could someone please do the same test? Drone in video mode, x7, holding the engines off.

2023-9-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. can you please show us the footage? You can upload it to Google Drive or YouTube and then paste the link here. We appreciate your patience.
2023-9-15
Use props
kamildrone
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Tony Posted at 9-15 01:43
Hi there. can you please show us the footage? You can upload it to Google Drive or YouTube and then paste the link here. We appreciate your patience.

hello, i send sample footage:
https://we.tl/t-GZLUm7XDCT
2023-9-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

kamildrone Posted at 9-15 02:09
hello, i send sample footage:
https://we.tl/t-GZLUm7XDCT

Thank you very much. I'll get this referred to our relevant team to confirm the issue. I will get back to you with an update.
2023-9-15
Use props
kamildrone
lvl.1
Poland

hello, i have this problem too with my second drone. when use x7 camera  the video is shake, even when i record from stable table (no fly), whats going on?
2023-10-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

kamildrone Posted at 10-15 12:27
hello, i have this problem too with my second drone. when use x7 camera  the video is shake, even when i record from stable table (no fly), whats going on?

Hello there. Can you please show us a video? I was not able to access the first one. You can upload it to Youtube or Google Drive. Thank you.
2023-10-16
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm going to go ahead and say that you're using the x7 camera in a way that it is not designed to work in. It's 163mm and your hand is probably nowhere near a s steady as the drone can be. There's a lot of IMU stuff going on when you're flying which keeps it nice and stable. Your unsteady hand is simply too much for it to stabilise.

If the x7 camera works just fine when it's flying then there is no issue with the gimbal. If you want a long lens shot, stick a camera on the RS2 you own, I've mounted a an R5 and 70-200mm lens on mine and it handles it just fine.
2023-10-16
Use props
kamildrone
lvl.1
Poland

CloudVisual Posted at 10-16 13:59
I'm going to go ahead and say that you're using the x7 camera in a way that it is not designed to work in. It's 163mm and your hand is probably nowhere near a s steady as the drone can be. There's a lot of IMU stuff going on when you're flying which keeps it nice and stable. Your unsteady hand is simply too much for it to stabilise.

If the x7 camera works just fine when it's flying then there is no issue with the gimbal. If you want a long lens shot, stick a camera on the RS2 you own, I've mounted a an R5 and 70-200mm lens on mine and it handles it just fine.

thanks for the answer, I'm using the camera correctly. the thing is that the video in front of the camera enters into some micro vibrations. I did a test and placed the drone on a stable surface and it is exactly the same as in flight. I will add that I previously had version 1 of the Mavic 3 (with a different tele lens) and the image did not vibrate at all, all the shots from the air and when recording on the table were ok. Could someone who has a Mavic 3 do a small test - place the drone on e.g. table and record a video with the x7 camera and check if there is any vibration?
2023-10-16
Use props
kamildrone
lvl.1
Poland

DJI Tony Posted at 10-16 01:04
Hello there. Can you please show us a video? I was not able to access the first one. You can upload it to Youtube or Google Drive. Thank you.

hello, this is the video:
https://we.tl/t-EvngeS7NYW

2023-10-21
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ok, that explains a lot then. Absolutely nothing wrong with that footage.

You are essentially complaining that the 28x zoom shows a tiny bit of shake, which is just a magnified version of the x7. The shake in the x28 is also there in the x7, you're simply magnifying it.

I think you're being a bit unreasonable to expect a motorised gimbal to be rock steady at 28x zoom, that's almost 500mm staring at the nearest wall. You've given the gimbal the hardest possible scenario to showcase the stability of the gimbal.

I'll say again, there is nothing wrong with your drone. Perfectly normal behaviour.
2023-10-21
Use props
kamildrone
lvl.1
Poland

CloudVisual Posted at 10-21 04:47
Ok, that explains a lot then. Absolutely nothing wrong with that footage.

You are essentially complaining that the 28x zoom shows a tiny bit of shake, which is just a magnified version of the x7. The shake in the x28 is also there in the x7, you're simply magnifying it.

thanks for your answer, please look at the recording carefully. on x28 you can clearly see image shakes, on x7 there are none, but look further - I enlarge the material from x7 in Premiere Pro x 400% (to make it more or less the same scale as the one from x28) - and there are no shakes here either. i.e. in the clean x7 recording there are no vibrations in the drone, only when we select x 28 the vibrations are added - as if something had broken down in the hardware. my old drone had no such problems, everything was smooth.
2023-10-21
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kamildrone Posted at 10-21 09:58
thanks for your answer, please look at the recording carefully. on x28 you can clearly see image shakes, on x7 there are none, but look further - I enlarge the material from x7 in Premiere Pro x 400% (to make it more or less the same scale as the one from x28) - and there are no shakes here either. i.e. in the clean x7 recording there are no vibrations in the drone, only when we select x 28 the vibrations are added - as if something had broken down in the hardware. my old drone had no such problems, everything was smooth.

Most likely cause is that the sensitivity of the gimbal is increased when it zooms to 28x to be ready for sudden jolts and movements to try to remain as stable as possible. You'll notice the drone flies differently depending on the zoom of the camera.

I personally think you're asking for too much from your gimbal at such extremities for a video which is unusable for anything professional.
2023-10-21
Use props
kamildrone
lvl.1
Poland

thanks for the answer, I used the x28 mode for inspection and on the old drone it worked perfectly, you could clearly see the screws, but now the vibrations make it worse. I will only add that this problem did not occur in Mavic 3 v1.
2023-10-21
Use props
kamildrone
lvl.1
Poland

CloudVisual Posted at 10-21 13:33
Most likely cause is that the sensitivity of the gimbal is increased when it zooms to 28x to be ready for sudden jolts and movements to try to remain as stable as possible. You'll notice the drone flies differently depending on the zoom of the camera.

I personally think you're asking for too much from your gimbal at such extremities for a video which is unusable for anything professional.

I have a question, could you record such a video with your drone in x28 mode on a table without the engines on? I would like to compare
2023-10-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

kamildrone Posted at 10-21 04:18

Thank you very much. I'll forward this to the related team to check. I will get back to you.
2023-10-21
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kamildrone Posted at 10-21 22:31
I have a question, could you record such a video with your drone in x28 mode on a table without the engines on? I would like to compare

Initially your issue was with the x7 camera not being steady on a table, now the issue is the 28x.

My drone behaves perfectly normally when used in a way that it was designed for, because I don't see any issues when using the x7 lens and I never zoom to x28.
2023-10-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

kamildrone Posted at 10-21 04:18

Thank you for patiently waiting. This is normal. To better allocate battery resources and provide a longer flight, some three-axis attitude sensors are nonoperational before the aircraft takes off. Therefore, the yaw axis of the gimbal will drift or vibrate slightly. At the same time, as the zoom ratio increases, it is normal for a deviation to appear in the camera view even if the camera is moved slightly. Stabilization by the vision systems will be reduced when shooting in poorly lit environments with no sufficient clear patterns or textures. We recommend that you operate your aircraft to take off in a well-lit environment first, then use the telecamera at a high zoom factor for a long shot. A more stable effect will be achieved when the aircraft and gimbal are not in motion. Have a nice day.
2023-10-22
Use props
djiuser_eQ83AK3lRDPM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 418635 ft

India

My videos taken from dji mavic 3 pro is shaky. What may be the reason.
4-10 22:24
Use props
djiuser_fgsGYOKd9Bmu
lvl.3

Malaysia

djiuser_eQ83AK3lRDPM Posted at 4-10 22:24

[General Troubleshooting Steps]

1.Check the gimbal knob: Make sure the gimbal knob is not obstructing the video recording.

2.Flight mode check: Verify if the aircraft is in S-mode (Sport). In Sport mode, the focus is on flight performance rather than gimbal stabilization. For better video stabilization, recommend using P-mode or Tripod mode (Cine mode) for recording.

3.EXP value adjustment: Inquire if the user has adjusted the EXP value of the aircraft. Higher EXP values result in faster aircraft speed. If adjustments were made, go to [Advanced Settings] - [Reset Gain & Expo Tuning] to restore the EXP value (excluding Spark).

4.Wind conditions: Ask about the wind velocity in the field environment. Strong winds can cause aircraft vibration. To estimate wind velocity, check the recording location and refer to weather forecasts for approximate wind conditions.

5.Gimbal calibration: Attempt to calibrate the aircraft gimbal for improved performance (excluding Spark).
4-22 21:21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_eQ83AK3lRDPM Posted at 4-10 22:24

Hello there. Do you mind sharing a sample video for us to check further? Thank you very much.
4-22 23:49
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules