2218 13 2023-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_I9bDcg6XYZK6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 525394 ft
Romania

Hello,
I tried to connect my phone (Huawei Mate 10 Pro - android 12) with Osmo Action 4, without success. The phone "sees" the camera, but when you click on Connect, the following message appears: "Device to use with DJI Mimo" below, CANCEL and CONNECT, the last word slightly faded indicating that it is not active. I don't understand what it means and what I should do. I understand that my phone is on the list of those compatible with the application. Can someone help me, please?

2023-9-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Please refer to the video below to guide you on setting up your Action 4

I hope this helps. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-19
Use props
djiuser_I9bDcg6XYZK6
lvl.2
Romania

Sorry, but no help at all. I didn't say I don't know how, but I said I can't connect. I already activated my camera from another device which I connected easily and made firmware updates. I don't understand why I can't connect from my phone and what does the message mean "Device to use with DJI Mimo"?!
2023-9-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_I9bDcg6XYZK6 Posted at 9-19 02:09
Sorry, but no help at all. I didn't say I don't know how, but I said I can't connect. I already activated my camera from another device which I connected easily and made firmware updates. I don't understand why I can't connect from my phone and what does the message mean "Device to use with DJI Mimo"?!

Hi there. We do apologize for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please try to download the DJI Mimo app on your mobile device and check if you can connect the camera to the app? You may click the link below to download the application for the DJI Osmo Action  4. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-mimo
2023-9-21
Use props
djiuser_I9bDcg6XYZK6
lvl.2
Romania

OK. I uninstalled DJI Mimo and installed it again. I logged into my DJI account. I paired it with the code I received. I have granted all permissions. I opened the camera and the app saw it. I pressed "connect" after which the message "Device to use with DJI Mimo" appeared. Under this message, there are two options cancel and connect. but only cancel is active.  The last one slightly faded indicating that it is not active. If I press cancel is obvious that all is canceled. As I already mentioned, my phone is a Huawei Mate 10 Pro with Android 12.
2023-9-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_I9bDcg6XYZK6 Posted at 9-21 22:00
OK. I uninstalled DJI Mimo and installed it again. I logged into my DJI account. I paired it with the code I received. I have granted all permissions. I opened the camera and the app saw it. I pressed "connect" after which the message "Device to use with DJI Mimo" appeared. Under this message, there are two options cancel and connect. but only cancel is active.  The last one slightly faded indicating that it is not active. If I press cancel is obvious that all is canceled. As I already mentioned, my phone is a Huawei Mate 10 Pro with Android 12.
[view_image]

Hi there. Can you please try doing a hard reset on the mobile device? Or if possible, please replace the other mobile device to have a try. If the issue still persists can you please send me the following:
1) A video showing the operation and issue
2) The SN of the DJI Product
3) The mobile device model and system version (Screenshot  of "About" interface under "General" in the mobile phone settings)
4) The screenshot of the DJI Mimo App
5) Screenshot the QR code after uploading the app log and the time when the issue occurred. (To upload the app log, please perform as follows: Go to the Mimo app “Profile”, tap the Settings icon, select “DJI Support”, “Log Upload”, and enter the log upload interface. Then input the related information and tap “Submit”. “Uploading Log” will be shown in the app and the QR code will be generated after upload.)
We appreciate your patience.
2023-9-29
Use props
djiuser_I9bDcg6XYZK6
lvl.2
Romania

2023-9-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello. Thank you for the information. I have sent you a personal message for the other information. Please, kindly check your inbox. Have a great day.
2023-9-30
Use props
djiuser_I9bDcg6XYZK6
lvl.2
Romania

Thank you so much for your help! All these information are in the log I uploaded. I think you can access it from QR code?!
2023-9-30
Use props
djiuser_I9bDcg6XYZK6
lvl.2
Romania

Sorry, this is the first time I've encountered such a problem and I don't understand (yet) how this support works.
I've uploaded a video showing where I'm having the problem connecting; I put the Google Drive link here. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zcppcuDg2X-xehaQJKOFD5-ixn5W45j2?usp=drive_link
An SN photo of the camera;
My phone's "About" page;
What is not visible in the video: I activated Bluetooth, WiFi, and location on my phone before opening the DJI Mimo app.
I can add that I logged in using a Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3 tablet with Android 13, registered the camera, and did two firmware updates.
Thank you for your understanding and patience!

2023-10-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_I9bDcg6XYZK6 Posted at 10-3 03:13
Sorry, this is the first time I've encountered such a problem and I don't understand (yet) how this support works.
I've uploaded a video showing where I'm having the problem connecting; I put the Google Drive link here. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zcppcuDg2X-xehaQJKOFD5-ixn5W45j2?usp=drive_link

Perfect. Thank you for your efforts. I will get this referred to the related team for checking. I will keep you posted. I appreciate your patience.
2023-10-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_I9bDcg6XYZK6 Posted at 10-3 03:13

Hello there. Sorry about the long wait. Can you please try the steps below?
1. Enable the corresponding permissions on the mobile phone: all permissions relating to mobile phone location/location information/GPS location.
2. Reset the connection on the Osmo Action 4 by following the steps below: Go to “System Settings - Wireless Connection - Reset Wi-Fi Connection”, and reset the connection (reset all connections and Wi-Fi passwords).
3. Check  the Wi-Fi frequency if it is supported by the corresponding mobile phone or in the corresponding region (the frequency that a mobile phone supports can be checked on the parameter page on the official website of the mobile phone brand). Then, follow the steps below based on the supported Wi-Fi:
1.)  Set the Osmo Action 4 Wi-Fi frequency. If the current region or mobile phone model only supports the 2.4 GHz frequency, set the Osmo Action 4 Wi-Fi frequency to 2.4 GHz. Go to: Settings - Wireless Connection - Wi-Fi Frequency. If the current region and mobile phone model supports 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz, set the Osmo Action 4 (2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz) Wi-Fi frequency to Auto (default). Go to: Settings - Wireless Connection - Wi-Fi Frequency.
2.) Go to Osmo Action 4 Settings - Wireless Connection - Wireless Information and stay on the page
3.) Open the mobile phone Settings- Wi-Fi List and connect to the Wi-Fi signal started with Osmo Action.
Notes: If the mobile phone supports WLAN+/WLAN Assistant, disable the WLAN+/WLAN Assistant to prevent the mobile phone system from switching to Wi-Fi automatically.
Keep me posted. Have a nice day.
2023-10-21
Use props
djiuser_I9bDcg6XYZK6
lvl.2
Romania

I succeeded! The problem was the WiFi frequency. Thank you very much for the assistance and patience you showed me. Thank you again!
2023-10-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_I9bDcg6XYZK6 Posted at 10-21 05:07
I succeeded! The problem was the WiFi frequency. Thank you very much for the assistance and patience you showed me. Thank you again!

Perfect. You are most welcome. I'm really glad to know you got it fixed. Don't hesitate to reach back if you have further concerns. I appreciate your patience. Have a great day ahead.
2023-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules