USB-C connection not working with Sony A7IV
1416 8 2023-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xlr231
lvl.2
United States

I can't seem to get the camera to recognize the RS3 is plugged in.  None of the controls work, and in the menu under PC control it indicates it is not connected.  If I plug the camera into my computer instead of the gimbal it goes into USB mode of PC control and I can remotely control the camera from the laptop.  Any idea what is going on here?  Could it be a defective RS3 mini?  I just got it 2 days ago.  My camera is on FW v2.0 which is the latest Sony has released for it.  But DJI's compatibility page says the Camera Firmrware v3.01 which does not exist.
2023-9-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. May we know which control cable you are using? Did you try the setup method in the link: https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility/rs-3-mini/a7m4
2023-9-25
Use props
xlr231
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-25 05:17
Hello, there. May we know which control cable you are using? Did you try the setup method in the link: https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility/rs-3-mini/a7m4

I'm using a USB-C cable.  I tried following that guide, but it is not accurate for the current firmware. Sony made a bunch of changes to the 2.0 firmware.
2023-9-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

xlr231 Posted at 9-26 05:24
I'm using a USB-C cable.  I tried following that guide, but it is not accurate for the current firmware. Sony made a bunch of changes to the 2.0 firmware.

Noted. We will confirm with our engineers first.
2023-9-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

xlr231 Posted at 9-26 05:24

Would you please confirm whether it can work properly by using a Multi-Camera Control Cable (Sony Multi)?
Also, please check whether the Bluetooth shutter function has been enabled (If enabled, it will affect the camera control cable’s effect. Please disable this function).
Ensure that the camera control cable is correctly inserted into the RSS port of the gimbal. After the camera control cable is connected, the grip display shows "Camera control cable connected". Go to “Status” -> “Checklist” in the Ronin app, and the “Camera Control Cable” should be checked ("√").
If the issue persists, please record a video of the error details.
Tell us the firmware version or screenshot the firmware version for us.
2023-9-28
Use props
xlr231
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-28 05:05
Would you please confirm whether it can work properly by using a Multi-Camera Control Cable (Sony Multi)?
Also, please check whether the Bluetooth shutter function has been enabled (If enabled, it will affect the camera control cable’s effect. Please disable this function).
Ensure that the camera control cable is correctly inserted into the RSS port of the gimbal. After the camera control cable is connected, the grip display shows "Camera control cable connected". Go to “Status” -> “Checklist” in the Ronin app, and the “Camera Control Cable” should be checked ("√").

I don't have a Multi-Camera Control Cable, just a USB-C one.  The bluetooth icon isn't lit up on the gimbal. Bluetooth function on the camera is off.

I have the USB-C cable plugged into the RSS port on the gimbal (not the charging port).  When i plug it in nothing is displayed on the grip display (it just stays on the standard menu).  Under status in the Ronin app there is just an orange icon with an ! next to Camera cable control.

The gimbal firmware is 01.02.00.00  IMU 0.1  GCU 0.4  Bluetooth 1.0
Camera firmware is 2.01.
2023-10-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

xlr231 Posted at 10-7 15:33
I don't have a Multi-Camera Control Cable, just a USB-C one.  The bluetooth icon isn't lit up on the gimbal. Bluetooth function on the camera is off.

I have the USB-C cable plugged into the RSS port on the gimbal (not the charging port).  When i plug it in nothing is displayed on the grip display (it just stays on the standard menu).  Under status in the Ronin app there is just an orange icon with an ! next to Camera cable control.

If so, we will recommend you change a control cable or run a cross-test to check whether the camera control cable or RSS port is defective.
2023-10-8
Use props
xlr231
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 10-8 04:24
If so, we will recommend you change a control cable or run a cross-test to check whether the camera control cable or RSS port is defective.

Does it work with any USB-C cable or does it need to be a special one? I've tried multiple cables.  They don't work with the gimbal.  But I can control the camera with that cable when plugged into a PC.
2023-10-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

xlr231 Posted at 10-8 09:53
Does it work with any USB-C cable or does it need to be a special one? I've tried multiple cables.  They don't work with the gimbal.  But I can control the camera with that cable when plugged into a PC.

Sorry for the late response. We recommend using the DJI original control cable. For your camera, you can connect the Sony Multi control cable or USB-C control cable to the gimbal and have a test.
Please record  a video:
1) How you connect the control cable to the gimbal and operations.
2) The camera settings.
2023-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules