New DJI Mini 4 Pro Firmware Released (04/23/2024)
44518 319 2023-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BroomRider
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1262136 ft
United States

So, prior to this most recent firmware update for the Mini 4 Pro, regarding the RID signal transmission, it was functioning the same as the Mini 3 Pro?

When will the Mini 3 Pro receive a similar firmware update, so when flying with the standard intelligent battery, it won't be automatically broadcasting an RID signal?

Please take note of my previous reply with the recommendation that, for the benefit of both non-commercial recreational & Pt.107 commercial pilots, the ability to switch off or on, respectively, the RID signal transmission, when using the standard battery & flying a UAV weighing <250gms.

Please also note that UAVs <250gms flying under the non-commercial recreational exemption, are not required to transmit the ROD signal, as stated in the FAA requirements description.

Thank you for your thoughtful consideration!
2-4 15:59
Use props
ahmet_oztemiz
New
Turkey

Controller not able to connect assistance app because of black screen issue.
2-5 03:06
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ahmet_oztemiz Posted at 2-5 03:06
Controller not able to connect assistance app because of black screen issue.

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. If I may confirm, are you having a black screen issue and trying to update it on Assistant 2 but it cannot be recognized by your computer?
2-5 22:06
Use props
ahmet_oztemiz
New
Turkey

DJI Tony Posted at 2-5 22:06
Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. If I may confirm, are you having a black screen issue and trying to update it on Assistant 2 but it cannot be recognized by your computer?

Hi, i was tried too much yesterday and recognized that accually rc 2 app is freezing. Sometimes rc 2 system is opening and that times i tried to update firmware but after some time it is freezing again so i could not update firmware. Sometimes i could use controller for 5 mins some times system could not starts.
2-5 23:01
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ahmet_oztemiz Posted at 2-5 23:01
Hi, i was tried too much yesterday and recognized that accually rc 2 app is freezing. Sometimes rc 2 system is opening and that times i tried to update firmware but after some time it is freezing again so i could not update firmware. Sometimes i could use controller for 5 mins some times system could not starts.

Hi there. Please try resetting the DJI RC 2 on the “Reset options” page and then try updating it again. Before doing the reset, we recommend connecting DJI RC to a network and synchronizing flight records to avoid loss. Have a nice day.
2-6 02:33
Use props
fans0c5750c4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 90361 ft
United States

I believe a viable solution would be a firmware update that allows Remote ID to be toggled on/off while using the standard battery and forcing Remote ID on and to stay on while using the plus battery pushing the weight over FAA requirement. This meets the requirements for the weight limit and allows flexibility for part 107 users to engage when flying commercially below the weight limit.
2-9 12:05
Use props
fans0c5750c4
lvl.2
United States

Major_Nadds Posted at 2-3 09:23
You worded the release notes on RID as if it is a good feature. It doesn't continue and state that you took away RID for people using standard battery. DJI I understand the reason for auto activate of remote ID when using the plus battery due to weight. What is the reason you have removed RID when using smaller battery? I am part 107 and use for work with smaller battery. The Mini 4 is not practical to attach my strobe and a RID module, nor should I need to if RID is on-board. Stacking a strobe onto a RID module stuck to the top of this little ship is not somethnig I will do as it risks affecting performance and can case a crash if they come loose. I bought the Mini 4 because it has native RID. What basis is there for taking away a feature that was used to sell the drone? I don't need or want the larger battery for the missions I do, and it is an unfair and deceptive  business practice to sell with a feature then take away and hold hostage for another fee for a new battery. If this was a mistake, then fix it and issue firmware that leave RID on all of the time regardless of battery. You can haev a one-time firmware option to opt-in to RID when using smaller battery. This is the type of thing that deserves a class action lawsuit if not corrected, with the class action seeking a free plus battery or accepting a return and refund since the product does not perform as advertised due to an action you took.

Totally agree, DJI needs to address the situation. Either by firmware update or battery swap to make commercial pilots who purchased the drone in order to be RID compliant.
2-11 07:54
Use props
fans0c5750c4
lvl.2
United States

Major_Nadds Posted at 2-3 09:23
You worded the release notes on RID as if it is a good feature. It doesn't continue and state that you took away RID for people using standard battery. DJI I understand the reason for auto activate of remote ID when using the plus battery due to weight. What is the reason you have removed RID when using smaller battery? I am part 107 and use for work with smaller battery. The Mini 4 is not practical to attach my strobe and a RID module, nor should I need to if RID is on-board. Stacking a strobe onto a RID module stuck to the top of this little ship is not somethnig I will do as it risks affecting performance and can case a crash if they come loose. I bought the Mini 4 because it has native RID. What basis is there for taking away a feature that was used to sell the drone? I don't need or want the larger battery for the missions I do, and it is an unfair and deceptive  business practice to sell with a feature then take away and hold hostage for another fee for a new battery. If this was a mistake, then fix it and issue firmware that leave RID on all of the time regardless of battery. You can haev a one-time firmware option to opt-in to RID when using smaller battery. This is the type of thing that deserves a class action lawsuit if not corrected, with the class action seeking a free plus battery or accepting a return and refund since the product does not perform as advertised due to an action you took.

Totally agree, DJI needs to address the situation. Either by firmware update or battery swap to make commercial pilots who purchased the drone in order to be RID compliant.
2-11 07:54
Use props
fans0c5750c4
lvl.2
United States

BroomRider Posted at 2-4 15:59
So, prior to this most recent firmware update for the Mini 4 Pro, regarding the RID signal transmission, it was functioning the same as the Mini 3 Pro?

When will the Mini 3 Pro receive a similar firmware update, so when flying with the standard intelligent battery, it won't be automatically broadcasting an RID signal?

Totally agree, DJI needs to address the situation. Either by firmware update or battery swap to make commercial pilots who purchased the drone in order to be RID compliant. I think DJI will continue me up with an equitable solution.
2-11 08:01
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

BroomRider Posted at 2-4 15:37
So, let me see if I understand you correctly.

The Mini 3 Pro, with its standard intelligent battery, weighs the same as the Mini 4 Pro, using its standard battery, & any UAV, weighing

Hi, there. Thank you for expressing your feedback regarding this situation. Please rest assured that we will forward your concerns to our corresponding team for awareness. Please pay attention to our official website for future updates. We thank you for your support.
2-11 20:47
Use props
djiuser_uVW0b8gt3rne
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13524 ft

Russia

Hi, can you tell me why when I connect the Goggles 2 + RC Motion 2 glasses or the RC2 (RM331) remote to the Mini 4 Pro drone, I have to re-bind these devices (glasses or remote) every time? If I bind the remote, the glasses are limited to a maximum of 5 times, and if I bind the glasses, the remote is limited to a maximum of 5 times. How do I pair both devices without limitations? Thank you.
IMG_20240309_210638.jpg
Screenshot_20240309_195831_dji.go.v5.jpg
3-10 21:15
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

djiuser_uVW0b8gt3rne Posted at 3-10 21:15
Hi, can you tell me why when I connect the Goggles 2 + RC Motion 2 glasses or the RC2 (RM331) remote to the Mini 4 Pro drone, I have to re-bind these devices (glasses or remote) every time? If I bind the remote, the glasses are limited to a maximum of 5 times, and if I bind the glasses, the remote is limited to a maximum of 5 times. How do I pair both devices without limitations? Thank you.

There is presenty no way to bind them both, which is ridiculous. Many posts on the forum here requesting DJI address this issue.
What myself and many others do is leave the RC2 bound to the drone, and put up with the not using bound device warning popup in the goggles display. You only need to start up the Mini 4 pro with the RC2 and it will reset to 5 more flights with the goggles. It's not nessesary to take off or anything, it just needs to connect.
To change binding, you need an internet connection, so if this is not always available, as in my case, it just makes more sense to leave the drone bound to the controller you use more often and put up with the popup warning on the other controller.
3-12 06:45
Use props
djiuser_uVW0b8gt3rne
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13524 ft

Russia

Manitobahunter Posted at 3-12 06:45
There is presenty no way to bind them both, which is ridiculous. Many posts on the forum here requesting DJI address this issue.
What myself and many others do is leave the RC2 bound to the drone, and put up with the not using bound device warning popup in the goggles display. You only need to start up the Mini 4 pro with the RC2 and it will reset to 5 more flights with the goggles. It's not nessesary to take off or anything, it just needs to connect.
To change binding, you need an internet connection, so if this is not always available, as in my case, it just makes more sense to leave the drone bound to the controller you use more often and put up with the popup warning on the other controller.
Thank you.
I hope DJI will fix this unfortunate situation, taking into account the response in the DJI technical support chat.
Screenshot_20240313_095308_com.android.chrome_edit_30048845355831.jpg
3-12 15:00
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Interesting, I'm not aware that the goggles 2 and Motion 2 function any differently than the Integra goggles and motion 2 do. I think the AI chat response is not understanding, lol...  
3-12 21:02
Use props
BillBerardiJr
New

United States

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 2023-9-26 11:04
Batteries need to be updated at the same time. After fully updating RC and Drone, put the next battery in, switch on and check firmware update, follow instructions, ditto for any other batteries you have.

I was wondering if maybe you can help me.  I tried starting a thread but it wouldnt let me.  anyway i tried updayting using the remote and then trying to download the dji assistant 2 on a mac and its just not working for me.  Anyway you can direct me to the right article or place to go toget this fixed.  Sorry if this is out of context i am at my wits end weith the drone trying to update.  Any help would be appreciated.  Mini 4 pro
3-16 06:48
Use props
djiuser_p41EvEioDa3T
New
Peru

Gentlemen of DJI: For Osmo Action 4...
PUT A RECORD BUTTON ON THE SCREEN, THAT START AND STOP THE RECORDING!
just as smartphones have it and so has the Insta 360 Ace Pro.
The physical record button is extremely hard,
those of us who make Vlogs are repeatedly hitting this button
that makes our hand hurt and moves the shots because of how hard it is,
and it is also impractical because it is at the top and not in front.
If we use the voice command it ruins the recording, since the “Stop Recording”
appears in the video and spoils the shot.
I hope they make a software update,
very soon in the short term, and that they include the record button on the screen.
3-19 16:54
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 980066 ft
Italy

djiuser_p41EvEioDa3T Posted at 3-19 16:54
Gentlemen of DJI: For Osmo Action 4...
PUT A RECORD BUTTON ON THE SCREEN, THAT START AND STOP THE RECORDING!
just as smartphones have it and so has the Insta 360 Ace Pro.

I suggest to post this in the section dedicated to Osmo 4, not to Mini 4 Pro.
3-19 23:55
Use props
djiuser_zgZSSEwjvIDd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109626 ft
North Macedonia

Hilarious, laughable and pathetic update, why even bother release it this way???
Is it just one guy working on Mini 4 Pro updates or what is the issue here?

People are requesting new or improved features or change of current ones (option keep the LED on when video recording at night, option to change the scroll wheels direction (gimbal and zoom control) etc etc) and we get THIS.
Jesus Christ.
4-12 02:34
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 951020 ft
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_zgZSSEwjvIDd Posted at 4-12 02:34
Hilarious, laughable and pathetic update, why even bother release it this way???
Is it just one guy working on Mini 4 Pro updates or what is the issue here?

That's why I will not update until there are real improvements that are relevant for my flying habits  
4-12 04:21
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

_SoP_ Posted at 4-12 04:21
That's why I will not update until there are real improvements that are relevant for my flying habits

Please consider that, in order to stay compliant with the C label, we're required to update our drones to the latest available firmware.
You can decide not to update, but in that case your drone is no more compliant. I don't know what could be the consequences of that. Probably in case of accident you may have litigations with the insurer.
4-12 04:39
Use props
7-of-9
New
Flight distance : 26283 ft
United States

_SoP_ Posted at 4-12 04:21

There is an entire topic of requests for 2.7k recording, yet this firmware includes updates to help them sell more goggles. Disappointing.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... id%3D924&page=1
4-12 04:58
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 951020 ft
  • >>>
Germany

FabioV Posted at 4-12 04:39
Please consider that, in order to stay compliant with the C label, we're required to update our drones to the latest available firmware.
You can decide not to update, but in that case your drone is no more compliant. I don't know what could be the consequences of that. Probably in case of accident you may have litigations with the insurer.

True for C1, but I kept mine in C0 for good reasons...
4-12 05:01
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

_SoP_ Posted at 4-12 05:01
True for C1, but I kept mine in C0 for good reasons...

It's true also for C0. Of course on C0 it could be more difficult to detect violations ...
4-12 05:33
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_zgZSSEwjvIDd Posted at 4-12 02:34
Is it just one guy working on Mini 4 Pro updates or what is the issue here?

Those who want to use the Mini4 Pro with the Goggles3 and Motion Controller3 probably won't agree with this.

4-12 11:21
Use props
djiuser_zgZSSEwjvIDd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109626 ft
North Macedonia

While the others. a VASTLY bigger number of users - are still waiting for the option of keeping the LED on at night while recording.
Which is like, 2 lines of code.
4-12 12:01
Use props
Ville Honkonen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 80919 ft
Finland

Still no clean HDMI out feed from usb-c? waited now 5 months and every time dji answer "thanks for the feedback"
4-12 12:12
Use props
ronin rs211
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

And now the Goggles 2 and motion 2 I bought with my Mini 4 Pro are are just a waste of money.
If I want to fly with my Mini 4 Pro and controller I have to purchase another Goggle for $500.00..

DJI you are about to lose a long time customer..
4-12 12:48
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Unable to connect for the Mini 4 firmware update. Kept getting "Server error. Wait a moment and try again(Code: 0x1151009fffff) Was able to carry out for my Mini 3 Pro at about the same time. Both was connected to my home WiFi.
4-12 19:33
Use props
fans40c3d707
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1607267 ft
Spain

i installed firmware update on my mini 4 pro just now.

On the RC2 it now displays P mode ?? It was Normal mode before.

Also where is the HDR mode in settings, that seems to have gone. ?

4-13 00:40
Use props
fansd91f6f34
lvl.3
Flight distance : 827470 ft
Spain

djiuser_zgZSSEwjvIDd Posted at 4-12 12:01
While the others. a VASTLY bigger number of users - are still waiting for the option of keeping the LED on at night while recording.

I totally agree with you.
I still don't understand why DJI doesn't allow those of us who need it to keep the LEDs on.
As you say, it is not something that difficult to implement. They already have it in the Air (Air 3 and Air 2 S) to keep or not the LEDs on the front legs on at the pilot's discretion (necessity in our case). They just have to do the same, in our case with the rear legs of the mini4pro
4-13 02:13
Use props
djiuser_EqFDydmh4InZ
New
Flight distance : 165436 ft

Philippines

Anyway to downgrade ther firmware? I got the ESC error right after upgrading, with no damage and a barely used drone..
4-13 02:40
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Italy

djiuser_zgZSSEwjvIDd Posted at 4-12 12:01

Have you tried ? I’ve seen a video on YT that shows now the led is always on.
4-13 04:35
Use props
harweyko
lvl.3
Flight distance : 627343 ft

Slovakia

Just checked it and green leds are now blinking all the time also during video recording. Anyway, I'd propose to use separate green light on top of the drone if possible, that blinks into all directions, not just backwards.
4-13 05:27
Use props
djiuser_EqFDydmh4InZ
New

Philippines

fans40c3d707 Posted at 4-13 00:40
i installed firmware update on my mini 4 pro just now.

On the RC2 it now displays P mode ?? It was Normal mode before.

Same. + ESC error right after the update. Please let me know if you were able to fix itt
4-13 05:51
Use props
GerdS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4303379 ft
Germany

djiuser_EqFDydmh4InZ Posted at 4-13 05:51
Same. + ESC error right after the update. Please let me know if you were able to fix itt

I also updated my Mini 4 Pro, declassified in December and the LEDs still turn off when recording.
What about your drones, are they just declassified from C0 or have you reclassified them for C1? Maybe DJI made that correction only for C1 drones...
4-13 09:13
Use props
Haroldo Junior
New

Brazil

I have 2 generic PLUS batteries that I bought on Amazon. It works perfectly. After the update, the message "Battery is not from DJI. Aircraft unable to fly (Code: 16200502)" now appears.

Does anyone know how to solve it, only the battery that comes with the drone works normally.
4-13 16:16
Use props
djiuser_EqFDydmh4InZ
New

Philippines

GerdS Posted at 4-13 09:13
I also updated my Mini 4 Pro, declassified in December and the LEDs still turn off when recording.
What about your drones, are they just declassified from C0 or have you reclassified them for C1? Maybe DJI made that correction only for C1 drones...

Mine went from perfectly normal, to P-mode with ESC error right after the update. Didn't even get to fly it, just straight after the update it went pmode+esc. I wanted to buy the avata 2 but now I think I'll just diy lol
4-13 16:16
Use props
Robert Roberts
New

United Kingdom

How should I charge my batteries for best efficiency  , after every session , when down to 10%, or when flat or another?
4-14 08:23
Use props
GerdS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4303379 ft
Germany

Robert Roberts Posted at 4-14 08:23
How should I charge my batteries for best efficiency  , after every session , when down to 10%, or when flat or another?

My proofed method for best battery life is as follows:
- Avoid flying them lower than about 30%
- Let them cool down after flight prior to recharging
- Recharge them at the same day to about 60-85% (2 LEDs solid, one blinking). Store them in this conditions for days or few weeks.
- Charge them to 100% at the day of your next flight
- If you have charged them to 100% by accident then use the powerbank function to discharge them, e.g. by transferring energy to your smartphone
- If you need to store them for more than a month (winter) then charge them up every month or so and then discharge them down to about 60-85% by using the powerbank function.

With this method all three batteries of my old Mavic Pro from December 2016 have survived about 170 cycles and are good to fly even today!
4-14 22:48
Use props
fansd91f6f34
lvl.3
Flight distance : 827470 ft
Spain

harweyko Posted at 4-13 05:27
Just checked it and green leds are now blinking all the time also during video recording. Anyway, I'd propose to use separate green light on top of the drone if possible, that blinks into all directions, not just backwards.

Is yours C0 or did you change it to C1?
4-15 01:27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules