Colour scheme in the fly safe maps, do you struggle with them?
872 8 2023-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have been looking at some recently and, against some map back grounds, I find the colour scheme extremely difficult to interpret in places. I think they would be far, far better with differing styles of hatching e.g. left leaning, right leaning, diagonal cross hatching, pure vertical, pure horizontal, horizontal & vertical cross hatching etc. etc..
If you have any alternative schemes in mind please post your ideas.

Single SelectVote, Total 3 people participate in voting

Distance end of: 506 Day23 Hour1 Min

66.67% (2)
33.33% (1)
0.00% (0)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2023-9-29
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

You can switch off the layers you don't need to see. ANd you can switch to satellite view.
2023-9-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oooo that helps, thanks but I still think differing styles of hatching would be a benefit.
2023-9-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you'd care to look at the area around the Isle of Man, there's a huge circle that covers the entire island and a large portion of the Irish Sea, what is it?
2023-9-29
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 9-29 09:13
If you'd care to look at the area around the Isle of Man, there's a huge circle that covers the entire island and a large portion of the Irish Sea, what is it?

Altitude zone. When looking at Recommended Zone or Fly SPots, tap the information icon. check the color  zone there and turn it off for verification. Pretty easy, really.
2023-9-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-29 10:12
Altitude zone. When looking at Recommended Zone or Fly SPots, tap the information icon. check the color  zone there and turn it off for verification. Pretty easy, really.

Are you looking via a phone or computer? Because on this Mac I can't switch restricted zones or altitude zones off etc..
This is not arguing with you but why on earth would there be an altitude zone over that much of the Irish Sea? At a guess most air traffic is going to be at x,000ft or x0,000 ft there
2023-9-29
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 9-29 10:32
Are you looking via a phone or computer? Because on this Mac I can't switch restricted zones or altitude zones off etc..
This is not arguing with you but why on earth would there be an altitude zone over that much of the Irish Sea? At a guess most air traffic is going to be at x,000ft or x0,000 ft there

I'm looking at the Fly app or Flysafe. Under the map on Flysafe are the toggles. You cannot disable Altitude Zone or Restricted Zone, but you can see the color for the circle.
Screenshot 2023-09-29 1.50.37 PM.png
2023-9-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maybe it's my eyes but I have a hard job deciding what colour the circle over the Irish Sea is, If pressed I'd say its an orangy blue, or like looking through a dirty window at a blue back ground but to my eyes it's certainly not the relatively dense grey of the circle besides "Altitude Zones". lol
2023-9-29
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

I just disable them til the one I'm looking at goes away.
2023-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules