Best Method to Compress I3 8K Massive Files for Youtube?
799 8 2023-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I find myself giving up on rendering my I3 8K footage with Final Cut Pro X and now just stick to uploading 4k because the file sizes are massive! Hundreds of gigs which takes forever to upload to youtube with their 256 gb limit.
Have any of you tried uploading an 8k file yet? How are you able to upload a video over 4 mins given the massive 8k file size and what software with which settings are you finding success with and how long are these videos taking to upload and process to 100 percent on youtube?

2023-10-4
Use props
djiuser_8WuKUCNbRdS2
lvl.4

Finland

Maybe if you got Nvidia 40xx video card, you can try to use av1 codec. I don't know if Final Cut Pro X is exporting Av1, but Resolve is.
2023-10-6
Use props
Lemon Twist
lvl.3
Flight distance : 414226 ft
United Kingdom

If you are using Final Cut Pro then use the Compressor, and put it into the format, codec etc you want.
2023-10-13
Use props
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I discovered the problem!  If you want to upload an 8k I3 drone video to youtube you better forget prores HQ and render it to H.264.  This is the only way I've gotten it to work especially for an 8k video longer than 4 mins because in prores H.264 you will exceed the 256gb upload limit on youtube
2023-10-16
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435052 ft
  • >>>
United States

Josephsmith Posted at 10-16 14:26
I discovered the problem!  If you want to upload an 8k I3 drone video to youtube you better forget prores HQ and render it to H.264.  This is the only way I've gotten it to work especially for an 8k video longer than 4 mins because in prores H.264 you will exceed the 256gb upload limit on youtube

ProRes h.264?
2023-10-16
Use props
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Sorry, I meant H.264, not prores H.264
2023-10-16
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

As long as you do not exceed the upload limit of youtube of 256Gb, youtube wil do the compression for you. So just convert your video to whatever makes it smaller than the maximum upload size and you are good to go.
2023-10-21
Use props
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

rogiervdheide Posted at 10-21 13:28
As long as you do not exceed the upload limit of youtube of 256Gb, youtube wil do the compression for you. So just convert your video to whatever makes it smaller than the maximum upload size and you are good to go.

I wish this were true.  I tried to upload files between 100 and 250gb that were rendered in Prores HQ and although they were uploaded successfully on YouTube, in 5 days time the file was still processing!

I found out that H.264 is the way to go.  The quality is not as good as pro res HQ but at least a 30gb file uploads and processes within hours
2023-10-21
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

Josephsmith Posted at 10-21 14:04
I wish this were true.  I tried to upload files between 100 and 250gb that were rendered in Prores HQ and although they were uploaded successfully on YouTube, in 5 days time the file was still processing!

I found out that H.264 is the way to go.  The quality is not as good as pro res HQ but at least a 30gb file uploads and processes within hours

HDR files such as ProRes HQ will only work when uploaded from either Davinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro X or Adobe After Effects. These apps add the metadata that Youtube needs to do the conversion properly.
2023-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules