High pressure water warning
2055 27 2023-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KD6AJG
lvl.1
United States

Hi,

I am getting a high pressure water warning when I plug a usb-c cable into my camera. It disables the record button and advises me to use the quickswitch button to enable record. This is a big pain. It only seems to happen when I use the one cable that actually works with my Hollyland wireless mics.

Anybody else seeing this problem or have a work around?

Thanks,

Tony
2023-10-6
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI as well others like to see the set up, a photo to help out.
2023-10-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Tony. Thank you for reaching out. Has it been used underwater? When the Osmo Action 4 camera is used underwater and the water depth reaches a certain level, the shutter/record button will not be working due to high water pressure, and the camera will automatically enter Scuba Diving mode (with the touchscreen prompting: Due to high water pressure, shutter/record button is disabled automatically. Press Quick Switch button to start or stop recording.) During daily use, the camera will enter Scuba Diving mode after pressing and holding the shutter button for 5 seconds. Press the Quick Switch button to start or stop recording. In case of entering Scuba Diving mode accidentally, press the shutter/record button to exit. Hope this helps. Please keep us posted.
2023-10-6
Use props
KD6AJG
lvl.1
United States

See attached photo. This is my set up. The camera has never been underwater. I suspect it's a cable issue. I am using a phixero pd100w cable. This is one of the few usb-c to usb-c that the camera recognizes. Most USB-C cables I have tried do not reliably work when using with microphones.
2023-10-6
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

are you in a diving bell??Pressure sensor malfunction

reset the camera , take the accu out  and try it again
2023-10-6
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

OMG he must be up near Space the high altitude. all seriousness here DJI  get real!
2023-10-6
Use props
KD6AJG
lvl.1
United States

lutzmix Posted at 10-6 04:51

I do nothing but plug a cable in. Not sure why I get this error.
2023-10-6
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

KD6AJG Posted at 10-6 06:54
I do nothing but plug a cable in. Not sure why I get this error.

its a dji Issue they must  understand the question they do not.  get with  them via the chat then this forum
2023-10-6
Use props
KD6AJG
lvl.1
United States

lutzmix Posted at 10-6 04:51

I'm in a vehicle. Not underwater.
2023-10-6
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

change your camera.
2023-10-6
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

When I first got my OA4, thinking it was like the OA1 or 2, I was using the record button to turn the camera on and would see this message. I learned later I should have been using the QS button to turn the camera on.
2023-10-6
Use props
djiuser_iphXKiqbtsgP
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I am having this same problem. Plugging in a saramonic usb c mic (recommended by a dji representative) and it does not work and gives the ‘high water pressure’ warning.
Surely dji can do something about this?
2023-11-11
Use props
djiuser_R8SjzUQJDBTX
New

Canada

KD6AJG Posted at 2023-10-6 04:32
[view_image]

See attached photo. This is my set up. The camera has never been underwater. I suspect it's a cable issue. I am using a phixero pd100w cable. This is one of the few usb-c to usb-c that the camera recognizes. Most USB-C cables I have tried do not reliably work when using with microphones.

Hi, did you get a fix from dji?  I have the same issue. Tnks
1-24 16:04
Use props
KD6AJG
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_R8SjzUQJDBTX Posted at 1-24 16:04
Hi, did you get a fix from dji?  I have the same issue. Tnks

No, I just don't use that cable on the camera. It's very had to find a usb-c to usb-c cable that works with audio on this camera.
1-24 17:37
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KD6AJG Posted at 1-24 17:37
No, I just don't use that cable on the camera. It's very had to find a usb-c to usb-c cable that works with audio on this camera.

When the alert shows, did you ever try holding the shutter butter for more than 5 good seconds until the screen changes and asks if you want to use the shutter button, you then press the shutter button once and it takes it out of scuba mode.
1-24 21:26
Use props
KD6AJG
lvl.1
United States

Bashy Posted at 1-24 21:26
When the alert shows, did you ever try holding the shutter butter for more than 5 good seconds until the screen changes and asks if you want to use the shutter button, you then press the shutter button once and it takes it out of scuba mode.

I did not. I will give that a try.
1-25 01:13
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

try double click the shutter button and than click 1x to start
2-1 23:00
Use props
sowasawa
lvl.1
Colombia

I have the same issue even when I don't have any USB-C cable attached.

Did you guys experience the same and how did you solve it?
2-24 07:02
Use props
KD6AJG
lvl.1
United States

Mine only does it with that one cable, so I just don't use it. I have no other issues with other cables. If yours does that with no cable plugged in, I would contact DJI. Something isn't right.
2-24 07:04
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As you guys are using non dji accessories thats causing the issue then they may not be interested, only may not mind
2-24 07:11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sowasawa Posted at 2-24 07:02

With nothing plugged in? then you main have some water ingress, perhaps?
2-24 07:12
Use props
sowasawa
lvl.1
Colombia

Bashy Posted at 2-24 07:12
With nothing plugged in? then you main have some water ingress, perhaps?

Yeah nothing plugged in.

When I insert the battery the camera automatically starts up.
I shut it down. After about 10 seconds it starts up again.

The only solution for me is to remove the battery.

I have never used the camera underwater.

3-5 07:46
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sowasawa Posted at 3-5 07:46
Yeah nothing plugged in.

When I insert the battery the camera automatically starts up.

Is the battery official DJI? if it is then your device is malfunctioning and will need to go to DJI
3-5 23:41
Use props
sowasawa
lvl.1
Colombia

Bashy Posted at 3-5 23:41
Is the battery official DJI? if it is then your device is malfunctioning and will need to go to DJI

Yes it's the original one.

In fact I only used the camera a couple of days until the problem appeared.
So it's almost brand new without any modifications.
3-6 09:10
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sowasawa Posted at 3-6 09:10
Yes it's the original one.

In fact I only used the camera a couple of days until the problem appeared.

Then i would get in touch with DJI
3-6 18:40
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

sowasawa Posted at 2-24 07:02

Hi, sowasawa. We're sorry to read about this can you please provide the following information to help improve the analysis of the cause of the abnormality:
1. Osmo Action 4 Body LOG file.
2. The time ( specified in hours) when the camera automatically reboots, the customer can provide the time corresponding to the video "osmo4test.mp4".

How to export a Log File?
1. Reproduce the abnormal process.
2. Go to camera unit System Settings - Device Info. Tap “Export Logs”.
3. Mount the camera unit and front touchscreen module/power module. Connect to Osmo Action 4 in a computer using a USB cable.
4. Select “File Transfer” on the Osmo Action 4 screen. Go to “My Computer”. Find the corresponding disc for the Osmo Action 4 (internal storage).
5. Export all log files and zip them. Send the entire zip file back for analysis and confirmation (Also check the time point when the abnormality occurred to determine the log position).
3-20 00:06
Use props
djiuser_YpjYG9T5MZfC
New

United States

I am having the exact same issue when USB-c cable is plugged in. This camera has never seen a drop of water. It worked just fine the first 5 times I used this USB-c cable that I spent decent $ on and suddenly it gives high water pressure warning today out of no where. Any fix yet?
4-4 20:10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_YpjYG9T5MZfC Posted at 4-4 20:10
I am having the exact same issue when USB-c cable is plugged in. This camera has never seen a drop of water. It worked just fine the first 5 times I used this USB-c cable that I spent decent $ on and suddenly it gives high water pressure warning today out of no where. Any fix yet?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please confirm what specific DJI product you are using so we can provide you with an accurate resolution. We will wait for your response. Thank you.
4-4 23:31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules