Off Grid Flight Restriction Problems
700 4 2023-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MoToad
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14961 ft
Canada

I, again, have been struck with an off grid flying problem. I frequently travel to upper Kootenay Lake here in Beautiful British Columbia where I camp and fish and fly. (And fly fish!) But more often than not upon start up I am told that i need to log in and am restricted to 60m height and distance. This entirely throws the whole drone experience out the window as I either have to drive30 kms down the coast to the nearest town and find internet access or wait till I get home. Following the last latest update I thought it was fixed but, alas, not so. I am able to connect to over a dozen satellites so I know that is not the problem. Along with this I still get the occasional crash to start screen which I have resigned myself to just hitting Go Fly to resolve. But the big issue remains the login in problem and being restricted in the middle of nowhere (or everywhere in my case) to not being able to enjoy the Mav3s height and distance features. What is going on here?
2023-10-7
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13424032 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lets back up a little bit. What drone and RC are you flying? You say Mavic 3 and post in the Smart Controller section but these two aren't compatible.
2023-10-7
Use props
MoToad
lvl.2
Canada

Oh sorry. I thought it was posted in the Mav 3 Classic Forum. Maybe that was MavPilots. And while I am here I did just find something interesting that may or may not have something to do with it. Just booting up at home now I noticed the RC controller was reading  a Chinese time zone. I went into settings and found all three switches flipped on. I turned off two and manually set it to my Mountain time. Don't see how that could have anything to do with it buy who knows.
2023-10-7
Use props
MoToad
lvl.2
Canada

Little bit peeved but problem solved, I guess. Talking to support and am told you are automatically logged out after a month. And you have to be logged in to make things work. I don't know who all is aware of that but I wasn't. And no one on here is telling me that. So, to be safe, before going next time I must remember to log out of DJI Fly and log back on. Bit of a pain but there you have it.
2023-10-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

MoToad Posted at 10-7 09:11
Little bit peeved but problem solved, I guess. Talking to support and am told you are automatically logged out after a month. And you have to be logged in to make things work. I don't know who all is aware of that but I wasn't. And no one on here is telling me that. So, to be safe, before going next time I must remember to log out of DJI Fly and log back on. Bit of a pain but there you have it.

Hi, MoToad. We're sorry for the inconvenience. That is correct, if you don't connect to the network for one month, the DJI Fly App will be logged out automatically after one month, and a re-login is required. You can still take off without logging in however, there will be limited height and distance. Before going to the remote area, it is highly suggested to open the DJI Fly first to check if it needs to be logged in. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules