Video Editing
1200 9 2023-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JusJuice
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Got myself a mini 4 pro but editing video is something new. Steep learning curve.
I tried to use Da Vinci 18 , media offline with all my footage shot in log and 10bit from the drone, so switched to capcut.

Managed to edit , all new to me , matching sound with video.

Short clip,
https://youtu.be/kwus0dWJ1GM

Any tips , products i should be using.

Hardware wise, need a set of ND filters asap.

Comfortable with photography , LR & PS, and youtube is my friend.

Send over any tips that might be a good starting point. Also I think my problem with Da Vinci is either old PC or doesnt support drone footage shot in 10 bit.
Thanks

Edit : I forgot to ask, ND filters do drones have Gradient ND filters rather than just for ND filters? I can only see ND filters without Gradient. Will the mini 4 pro get gradient ND filters anytime soon. The full ND filters may make shadows too dark for recovering detail in post.

2023-10-8
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Congrats on the M4p! As for ND filters: many people say you need them but I don't see why on a stabilized drone. They are mainly for getting down shutter speed to get nice motion blur. With a stabilized drone like the Mini you don't fly low and fast and you don't get motion blur anyway. I don't use any ND filters except on fpv drones. They might add a bit of contrast but I don't think they're worth the hassle or the cost (unless you want to take long exposure fotos). As for video editing: DaVinci is supposed to be very good but to have a steep learning curve. I never used it but Final Cut on a Mac. My advice on editing is: go light on effects. The best transition is one you don't even notice. Effects get old very quickly. If the take is too long then either cut out the middle or do a speed ramp: speed up the middle part and have it (smoothly!) speed up and slow down. If you are in the Peaks you should have plenty of great video opportunities.
2023-10-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've lost count of the number of times I've driven over the Cat and Fiddle from Buxton to Macclesfield, and back - and never stopped to admire the view!  Great shots of the landscape.  I agree with Depp - lose most of the video transitions. And please tell me that the rotational shake imparted at 29, 40 and 55 seconds was not due to a gimbal wobble from your new drone. It looked quite alarming.   ND filters - I've never used them, but some people swear by them.  I edit with Davinci Resolve 18 on a pretty powerful laptop running Windows11.  Hope to see more of your work soon
2023-10-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Let me embed this for you -

2023-10-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats on getting the Mini 4 Pro.  Nice start on making videos.  I can't add to what Depp and Bleriot53 already noted.  
2023-10-9
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5098691 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beautiful Scenery. Work on the smoothness. Editing is not as easy as people think. With time you will do great.
2023-10-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks very good already.
You don't need ND filters to start with.
There are more important (free) things you can focus on that will improve your video (capturing and editing) skills.
ND filters are very much overrated (like a secret sauce that magically improves your footage).
Don't fall for that trap unless you are ready for that last 5% upgrade .

My suggestion would be to first focus on the storytelling.
How can you capture something interesting and visually pleasing.
Focus on movement (slow, multi direction moves), framing, composition etc.
Focus on the technical side after that (ISO, shutterspeed, white balance etc.)
Then the editing. How to make good (short) edits that do your footage justice and will keep the viewers engaged.
These are all free (unless you count the time needed to master them) and will improve your video work much more than an ND filter will.
2023-11-28
Use props
Topscooby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177976 ft
United Kingdom

@JusJuce  Hello and congratulations on the Mini 4 Pro.
I just wanted to add that although I agree with the vast amount of comments already posted on here i personally do use nd filters.
I’ve taken footage with and without the filters fitted and have found that in certain lighting conditions the filters have definitely made a difference for the better.
Think of the nd filter as sunglasses for your camera. The aperture in the camera is fixed so in bright sunlight the nd filter should provide you with much better footage.
Obviously, this is subjective so it’s best to try it out yourself and then decide if you prefer it with the filter or not.
I have the Freewell All Day filter pack which I use on my Mini 3 Pro and will be purchasing either a Mini 4 Pro or an Air 3 very soon…and I will be adding a set of nd filters to whichever I finally buy.

Hope this helps with your possible purchasing decision.

Andy
1-22 04:55
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5098691 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice job. add a little clarity and dehazing through Premiere Pro Instead of ND filters. I havethem but rarely use them.
1-22 06:23
Use props
Ashley Madison
New

Pakistan

Congrats on your Mini 4 Pro! For video editing Capcut is a good start. Consider upgrading PC or checking Da Vinci's compatibility. Tips: explore YouTube tutorials, invest in ND filters for better drone footage. Regarding gradient ND filters, it depends on the drone model; check with the manufacturer or drone community for updates. Happy filming!
1-23 10:25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules