Integra and Mini 4
4757 24 2023-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JAM1410
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I must admit that I'm a little dissapointed, that goggles Integra will not work with Mini 4 Pro. I purchased the goggles not even half a year ago for my Mini 3 Pro drone which is by far my favorite drone. Then I just recently learned about Mini 4 Pro. It would work with my Mini 3 batteries and RC 2 so it seemed like no brainer upgrade. But fact that it will not work with relatively new googles and Motion 2 is a deal breaker. This is the reason I will not upgrade to Mini 4 any time soon. I wonder if the issue is with goggles / motion hardware or it is just a matter of future softwarte upgrade?
2023-10-11
Use props
djiuser_e87sOFa5ede9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19787 ft
Germany

What's your source of your information that the DJI Integra wont be compatible with the DJI Mini 4 Pro? The DJI Integra got an update around the 25th September which made them work with the DJI Air 3 so it shouldnt be any problem to make them work with the Mini 4 Pro (in a future firmware update of course) since both drones use Ocusync4.
2023-10-11
Use props
JAM1410
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_e87sOFa5ede9 Posted at 10-11 03:55
What's your source of your information that the DJI Integra wont be compatible with the DJI Mini 4 Pro? The DJI Integra got an update around the 25th September which made them work with the DJI Air 3 so it shouldnt be any problem to make them work with the Mini 4 Pro (in a future firmware update of course) since both drones use Ocusync4.

I think you are mistaken. Mini 3 pro and goggles Integra are both using O3 protocol, not O4. Mini 4 Pro is using O4. I do not know details of the protocols to know if this will be just a case of software update or there might be some hardware limitations that could prevent goggles to ever work with the new protocol. But even if this is just software possible there is no guarantee that DJI will ever do so. They might chose to release new goggles instead.
2023-10-11
Use props
HXLLTXK
lvl.1
Germany

JAM1410 Posted at 10-11 05:20
I think you are mistaken. Mini 3 pro and goggles Integra are both using O3 protocol, not O4. Mini 4 Pro is using O4. I do not know details of the protocols to know if this will be just a case of software update or there might be some hardware limitations that could prevent goggles to ever work with the new protocol. But even if this is just software possible there is no guarantee that DJI will ever do so. They might chose to release new goggles instead.

What i meant is that the Air3 uses O4. The Air3 is since Firmware 01.00.0600 compatible with the DJI Integra which use O3+.
The new Mini 4 Pro uses O4 just like the Air3 so it shouldnt be a problem to make the Mini 4 Pro work with the DJI Integra >protocol-wise< just like the Air3 does.
2023-10-11
Use props
JAM1410
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

HXLLTXK Posted at 10-11 05:27
What i meant is that the Air3 uses O4. The Air3 is since Firmware 01.00.0600 compatible with the DJI Integra which use O3+.
The new Mini 4 Pro uses O4 just like the Air3 so it shouldnt be a problem to make the Mini 4 Pro work with the DJI Integra >protocol-wise< just like the Air3 does.

Sorry, I missed that you talking about Air 3. What you said makes sense. Let's hope DJI will update the goggles for Mini 4 Pro soon.
2023-10-11
Use props
HXLLTXK
lvl.1
Germany

JAM1410 Posted at 10-11 05:34
Sorry, I missed that you talking about Air 3. What you said makes sense. Let's hope DJI will update the goggles for Mini 4 Pro soon.

Don't worry, english isnt my native language so confusion might happen

I hope so aswell and think that an update isnt too unlikely.

Future will tell...
2023-10-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hello, there! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. The Mini 4 Pro does not currently support DJI Goggles Integra/DJI Goggles 2/DJI RC Motion 2. We will report your recommendations to the DJI engineers for evaluation. Please pay attention to our official website for future updates. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-10-11
Use props
Sonique
New
Flight distance : 332297 ft
Israel

DJI Diana Posted at 10-11 15:27
Hello, there! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. The Mini 4 Pro does not currently support DJI Goggles Integra/DJI Goggles 2/DJI RC Motion 2. We will report your recommendations to the DJI engineers for evaluation. Please pay attention to our official website for future updates. Thank you for your understanding.

How long go wait?
2023-10-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

We're sorry we do not have the information. Please stay tuned to DJI's official website, as we will update the latest news on the official website as soon as we receive it. Thank you for your understanding and interest in DJI.
2023-10-15
Use props
fans23a12270
lvl.2
Flight distance : 260643 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 10-15 08:08
We're sorry we do not have the information. Please stay tuned to DJI's official website, as we will update the latest news on the official website as soon as we receive it. Thank you for your understanding and interest in DJI.

Can you share a link of where the latest news and updates are on the DJI site.
2023-10-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans23a12270 Posted at 10-21 09:34
Can you share a link of where the latest news and updates are on the DJI site.

Hello, there. Thank you for your notice. Please know that if there will be an update for a specific product such as added features or compatibility matters, the user will usually notified thru the app. However, you may check this information directly thru our official website:  https://www.dji.com/ I hope this information helps.
2023-10-21
Use props
GGenge007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 318885 ft

Canada

Yes, please make the integra and motion 2 work with mini 4 pro. Would be wonderful to fly a docile safe light drone for 45 minutes per battery, please, please, please. I just bought the latest Avata and 4 pro, and miffed that only mini 3 pro is supported with integra and motion 2.
2023-11-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

GGenge007 Posted at 11-26 19:15
Yes, please make the integra and motion 2 work with mini 4 pro. Would be wonderful to fly a docile safe light drone for 45 minutes per battery, please, please, please. I just bought the latest Avata and 4 pro, and miffed that only mini 3 pro is supported with integra and motion 2.

Hello, there. Thank you for expressing your support for these modules to be compatible with the DJI Mini 4 Pro. Please know that we always value our customer's feedback, and continuously communicate it with our relevant team for future reference. Thank you for your great support.
2023-11-27
Use props
djiuser_xRpjXGcLJcHi
New

Estonia

Hi. maybe you have some information yet?  Unfortunately I'm this"lucky" person who sold the DJI mini 3 pro a month ago and bought a DJI mini 4 pro with DJI Goggles Integra in Black Friday. Today I received it, unpacked it, tried to connect it and for a long time I couldn't figure out how to do it. Only now I saw here that they are not compatible (on dji page i didnt find information). And now I think what to do, cry and say goodbye to money or hope that you will combine. Since I can't take the glasses back (I unpacked everything), and in Estonia such goods can't be returned I think I said goodbye to my money for nothing
2023-11-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_xRpjXGcLJcHi Posted at 11-28 12:51
Hi. maybe you have some information yet?  Unfortunately I'm this"lucky" person who sold the DJI mini 3 pro a month ago and bought a DJI mini 4 pro with DJI Goggles Integra in Black Friday. Today I received it, unpacked it, tried to connect it and for a long time I couldn't figure out how to do it. Only now I saw here that they are not compatible (on dji page i didnt find information). And now I think what to do, cry and say goodbye to money or hope that you will combine. Since I can't take the glasses back (I unpacked everything), and in Estonia such goods can't be returned  I think I said goodbye to my money for nothing

Hi. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. May we confirm if you purchased it directly from the DJI online store website? Could you please provide us with your order number? We can check if this is still eligible for the return and replacement program. However, if this was a purchase from a retail store, we recommend that you please contact them and ask about their return and replacement policy. We will also consider this a suggestion for our DJI engineers for evaluation. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-11-28
Use props
hadawayj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27343 ft
  • >>>
United States

I will be upgrading to the Mini Pro 4 from my Mini Pro 3 as soon as it is useable with Goggles Integra but not before.
2023-12-2
Use props
fanse446fe73
New

South Africa

Rather disappointed with DJI…. How can you release a new drone and not think users would want to use it with goggles? I just got my mini 4 and was about to buy the googles until I saw this…

Amateur hour at DJI if you ask me….

Tsk tsk
2023-12-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fanse446fe73 Posted at 12-2 23:34
Rather disappointed with DJI…. How can you release a new drone and not think users would want to use it with goggles? I just got my mini 4 and was about to buy the googles until I saw this…

Amateur hour at DJI if you ask me….

Hello, there! Thank you for your feedback regarding this matter. We're sorry if the DJI Mini 4 Pro doesn't support DJI Goggles 2/Integra at the moment. Please rest assured that we've registered the information and provided feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-12-3
Use props
JAM1410
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

HXLLTXK Posted at 10-11 05:41
Don't worry, english isnt my native language so confusion might happen

I hope so aswell and think that an update isnt too unlikely.

I just read somewhere that Air 3 in order to work with Integra goggles is downgrading its communication protocol to O3. So it seems (if true) that the goggles are incapable of O4. If this is true, then it is a bummer and shows lack of planning at DJI. Downgrading protocol to less advanced in order to work with the newest goggles in the DJI store is more of a patchwork rather than good engineering solution.
2023-12-3
Use props
JAM1410
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 12-3 13:11
I believe most people are going to disagree with your assessment.  Is it preferable that the Goggles 2/Integra are able to connect with the Air 3 in O3 mode, or that they not connect at all?  

O3 may lack the range & penetration of O4, but it is still pretty damned good & perfectly functional.  The Googles 2 were released in August 2022.  The Goggles Integra are based on the G2 design.  How are these devices to support O4 when the protocol & chipset that makes it function were not available 16 months ago?  Likewise I'll wager most RC Pro owners would prefer that the RC Pro could connect to O4 devices in O3 mode rather than not connect at all.

I think you missed my point. It is certainly better to have O3 than nothing at all. The point is that Integra googles are the latest goggles from DJI and they are unable to connect to the protocol that all new drones are using. That is what I call a lack of planning. The goggles 2 are not much different from Integra. DJI should have delayed Integra to the moment when the chips were available. The already have had O3 modern goggles 2. These are not inexpensive hardware pieces to be thrown away after a year or so.
2023-12-3
Use props
JAM1410
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

:-) Psst. You not suppose to say that. When flying FPV you suppose to have human observer standing next to you having drone in his field of unaided vision all the time. Human eye angular resolution is about o.3 m at the distance of 1 km. So at the distances you mentioned there is no way you could met the letter of the law :-)
2023-12-3
Use props
GenDaryl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 139245 ft

Mexico

I just created an account to emphasize how much we need to have the DJI4 Mini Pro + Integra Googles. If and when this implementation is complete, I'll sure buy the Mini 4. Pretty please?!?!?!!!
2023-12-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

GenDaryl Posted at 12-20 14:32
I just created an account to emphasize how much we need to have the DJI4 Mini Pro + Integra Googles. If and when this implementation is complete, I'll sure buy the Mini 4. Pretty please?!?!?!!!

Hello there. Thank you for showing interest on our product. We acknowledge that we have received the same concerns and suggestions from other DJI Pilots before. What we will do is continue to record such feedback and ensure that it reaches our related team. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
2023-12-21
Use props
DACP071690
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106457 ft

Colombia

Good news guys. The software update making the mini 4 pro compatible with goggles 2 and integra just got released today!
2023-12-21
Use props
GenDaryl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 139245 ft

Mexico

DACP071690 Posted at 12-21 06:29
Good news guys. The software update making the mini 4 pro compatible with goggles 2 and integra just got released today!

Yes. I can confirm this and I've flown my friends DJI Mini 4 Pro on my DJI Integra Goggles.

The experience is very immersive (as expected) though the responsiveness and agility of the DJI Mini 4 Pro is nothing to be compared to the DJI Avata. Well I guess they are two completely different beasts, each in their own right.

Thanks DJI
2023-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules