Compatibility Canon R8 & Ronin RS3
2067 6 2023-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mobilehome
New

France

Hello,

I just bought a Canon R8 and a Ronin RS3.
Are compatible via usb-c? Do I need a specific cable?

Thank you.
2023-10-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, mobilehome. Thank you for reaching out. Let me confirm this to our relevant team, we'll let you know once we receive an update.
2023-10-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, mobilehome. Thank you for patiently waiting. Here's the feedback from our relevant team:
1. Due to the CANON R8 camera not being related to the complete compatibility test, it is currently not in the DJI RS 3 camera compatible list (currently has a related demand feedback to the engineers for further evaluation, follow-up test if support, will update the official website compatible list).
2. At present, we have received feedback from relevant R8 camera users that using a USB-C to USB-C camera control cable to connect, can realize the control of the camera shooting function, if you have a camera and gimbal in hand, you can try to connect the use of the test.
3. If there are abnormalities in use, you can provide us with the relevant use of abnormal video then send it to us. Hope this helps.
2023-10-20
Use props
TheChazzCom
lvl.1

United States

Comera control is detected when connecting the cable, however i am not able to start and stop recording via the record button on my RS3 Pro.

I am able to use the record button however when using my raven-eye, I am now using LiDar instead and have lost all record function.
2023-11-23
Use props
TheChazzCom
lvl.1

United States

This also dosent work via bluetooth control
2023-11-23
Use props
TheChazzCom
lvl.1

United States

FIGGURED IT OUT!
I am using manual focus lenses with the DJI LiDar. In Canon cameras you must have "ALLOW SHUTTER RELEASE WITHOUT LENS ATTACHED" Enabled.
2023-11-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

TheChazzCom Posted at 11-23 12:22
FIGGURED IT OUT!
I am using manual focus lenses with the DJI LiDar. In Canon cameras you must have "ALLOW SHUTTER RELEASE WITHOUT LENS ATTACHED" Enabled.

Glad to hear that. May I know if the issue has been fixed already? If you need further assistance, please feel free to let us know.
2023-11-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules