Gimbal tilt is off, not aligned with the horizon
609 8 2023-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Is anyone else experiencing the gimbal not properly aligned with the hoirzon by default when turning on the drone? It seems like the only way to fix this is with the second controller but after I turn it off, the gimbal camera goes back to tilting to the left not aligned with the straight line of the horizon.

Is this an isse with the drone or can I do something to adjust this on my I3 controller?
2023-10-15
Use props
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Resolved, I was able to find out how to re-calibrate the gimbal, it took care of the issue
2023-10-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Josephsmith, sorry for the belated reply but happy to hear that you have figured out the solution. Yes, when the camera/gimbal is a bit off the center, you may calibrate the gimbal to recenter it. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
2023-10-15
Use props
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 10-15 23:26
Hi Josephsmith, sorry for the belated reply but happy to hear that you have figured out the solution. Yes, when the camera/gimbal is a bit off the center, you may calibrate the gimbal to recenter it. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.

Thank you Susan, I don't know if you have any connections with the engineers of the I3 but please let them know that the inability for the drone to autofocus in on human subjects like the mavic 3 automatically does is one of the biggest issues we have with this drone.  We need an 85mm 2.8 lens because the 50mm really doesn't have enough reach.  Also, the motion blur makes me regret spending so much money on this drone because my mavic 3 pro cine does this part a lot better than the I3.  Please share with your contacts, Thank you
2023-10-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Josephsmith Posted at 10-16 14:21
Thank you Susan, I don't know if you have any connections with the engineers of the I3 but please let them know that the inability for the drone to autofocus in on human subjects like the mavic 3 automatically does is one of the biggest issues we have with this drone.  We need an 85mm 2.8 lens because the 50mm really doesn't have enough reach.  Also, the motion blur makes me regret spending so much money on this drone because my mavic 3 pro cine does this part a lot better than the I3.  Please share with your contacts, Thank you

Hi Joseph, sorry for the inconvenience. I will forward your feedback to our engineers.
Could you please provide the detailed scenario of the focus issue happening. Or provide some sample videos of the issues for better assistance?
2023-10-17
Use props
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 10-17 22:30
Hi Joseph, sorry for the inconvenience. I will forward your feedback to our engineers.
Could you please provide the detailed scenario of the focus issue happening. Or provide some sample videos of the issues for better assistance?

https://youtu.be/0q8Ocor2u-s?si=SVqkRXC-HlxQeTT9 7:29 for the rolling shutter issue and he also speaks about the lack of autofocus when flying
2023-10-18
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435052 ft
  • >>>
United States

Josephsmith Posted at 10-18 07:05
7:29 for the rolling shutter issue and he also speaks about the lack of autofocus when flying

If you're talking about Continuous Autofocus, DJI doesn't make a single drone that has it. The only focus system DJI uses is manual or touch to focus which pretty much works the same across all the drones, including the Mavic 3. The Mavic 3 does not have Continuous Autofocus. Touch to focus works quite well in my opinion.
2023-10-18
Use props
Josephsmith
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

ScooterC5 Posted at 10-18 14:35
If you're talking about Continuous Autofocus, DJI doesn't make a single drone that has it. The only focus system DJI uses is manual or touch to focus which pretty much works the same across all the drones, including the Mavic. Touch to focus works quite well in my opinion.

Do you own an I3? The touch to focus screen on the mavic 3 is a lot more responsive than the I3’s RC plus controller screen and I never had an issue with subject appearing blurry when I honed in on them with the mavic 3 unlike the Inspire 3.  This is not just an issue I have with the 17k drone, the lack of this feature is a nuisance for everyone.  They got the case right, the drone flys fairly well more stable than previous generations but the ultra sensitive to light and dim camera as well as this lack of autofocus they got it wrong
2023-10-18
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435052 ft
  • >>>
United States

Josephsmith Posted at 10-18 14:44
Do you own an I3? The touch to focus screen on the mavic 3 is a lot more responsive than the I3’s RC plus controller screen and I never had an issue with subject appearing blurry when I honed in on them with the mavic 3 unlike the Inspire 3.  This is not just an issue I have with the 17k drone, the lack of this feature is a nuisance for everyone.  They got the case right, the drone flys fairly well more stable than previous generations but the ultra sensitive to light and dim camera as well as this lack of autofocus they got it wrong

Yes, I actually own two of them, which is why i'm posting in this group. I will say the responsiveness of the RC Plus screen is not as good when touching it as even an iPad, but when it recognizes the touch, the focus system should be just as good when it actually does a focus and provides the feedback via the green box. What you're most likely noticing is the difference between a full frame 8K sensor of the Inspire 3 where anything not in perfect focus is much more noticeable than that of a small sensor camera like the Mavic. With a larger 8K sensor, you have even more ability to throw off the background for bokeh shots, especially with a wide open aperture, than you would with a small sensor camera.
When you say the lack of this feature, what are you referring to? The Mavic 3 does not have continuous autofocus. The Inspire 3 has the same focus system as the Mavic 3, except you can actually buy a 3D focus or Master wheels focus system for the Inspire 3 that will work even better. Most people using the Inspire 3 on film sets have a dedicated focus puller for the Inspire 3. Use NDs and shoot above F5.6 and you should be alright for the most part.
2023-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules