636 8 2023-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5166270 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since it's raining here today I decided to do an equipment cleanup and hard facotry reset my smart controller. All of the upgrades, bits and pieces along with third party software was filling my smart controller and causing glitches, delays and errors. The reset seems to have cleaned up the controller nicely. It cleared about two thirds of the space on th controller.

I don't mind losing most of the software I put on. I added google chrome, google play to add dronelink for some automated flights. I think my new strategy is to leave those on my phone which seems to hadle the third party software better.

Any thoughts?

2023-10-21
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

No need for Play Store. Use the builtin browser and go to ApkPure. Download and install from there. Then go to files/download and delete all the downloaded APKs after install.
2023-10-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

No doubt it will be running a bit more efficiently with that clean-up.  I did something similar with my RC Pro about a month and a half ago.  Like Mobilehomer says I also use ApkPure.  Works wonderfully.
2023-10-21
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-21 07:00
No need for Play Store. Use the builtin browser and go to ApkPure. Download and install from there. Then go to files/download and delete all the downloaded APKs after install.

Good Tip I will give it a try.
2023-10-21
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 10-21 07:21
Good Tip I will give it a try.

APK Pure worked like a charm. Between the hard reset and the APKs instead of using all the google apps I saved 2/3 of the hard space on the smart controller. It's running lean and clean.

Thanks.
2023-10-22
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-21 07:00

What a difference on the reset and using APK Pure. Thanks.
2023-10-22
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

If you need to clear space, just delete all the downloaded files. You have installed the app, no need to keep the files.
2023-10-22
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-22 09:50
If you need to clear space, just delete all the downloaded files. You have installed the app, no need to keep the files.

deleted and done its great.
2023-10-22
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 10-22 09:55
deleted and done its great.

For anyone reading this thread. The hard reset saved 2/3 of the space on my smart controller. I did need to download a new version of the smart controller app on the DJI site through customer support to get it to work properly. It only took 10 minutes to fix. I hope this helps.
2023-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules