HELP requested - TB55
541 4 2023-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

If you are a DJI staff member, or an authorized reseller or repair center, then you could help me enormously during a 5-minute Zoom call.

I purchased 10 TB55 batteries listed as "brand new" on eBay and they are all Dead On Arrival.

PayPal will decide to refund, but to do so they require from me that an independent expert confirms that the batteries are not new but useless instead, and that they can only be disposed.

All I would ask you is to get on a five minute Zoom call with me, and:   
  • I show you the swollen batteries and their packages
  • and put them on a charger in front of the camera
  • you confirm they are dead and will never work
  • I will email the minutes of the Zoom call that you sign
  • I will send that to PayPal as they have requested.

I will make sure it is as little effort as possible for you, and of course the statement you sign will only contain general information that can also be found on the DJI website. It won't put you into any position of liability whatsoever.

If you can help, please, just drop a comment here or if you prefer, a message in my inbox. You can also tell me what kind of compensation you want.  I prefer I will help you somehow to return the favor, instead of just paying you. It's worth so much more when people simply help each other.

Thanks so much in advance!
Rogier.

2023-10-21
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am none of those things, but am the UAS Program Manager for a major university and owner of a couple dozen TB55's, so if eBay would consider me an "independent expert" I'd be happy to take a look at your batteries and opine.

Acquiring batteries for these older platforms continues to get more difficult. I received 4 M2P batteries (FB2-3850mAh) new in box from Amazon recently and 2 were swollen and cracked so badly it was obvious even before unboxing. Thankfully Amazon refunded easily and I reordered. The second batch was fine.
2023-10-22
Use props
rogiervdheide
lvl.4
Liechtenstein

patiam Posted at 10-22 08:35
I am none of those things, but am the UAS Program Manager for a major university and owner of a couple dozen TB55's, so if eBay would consider me an "independent expert" I'd be happy to take a look at your batteries and opine.

Acquiring batteries for these older platforms continues to get more difficult. I received 4 M2P batteries (FB2-3850mAh) new in box from Amazon recently and 2 were swollen and cracked so badly it was obvious even before unboxing. Thankfully Amazon refunded easily and I reordered. The second batch was fine.

That is so very kind of you.
I have to submit to PayPal before 30 October so there are just a few days left.
May I send you a private message?
Thanks!
2023-10-25
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Happy to help. PM sent.
2023-10-25
Use props
Magic Droneservice
lvl.1
Netherlands

patiam Posted at 2023-10-22 08:35

I have a similar problem. I purchased 6 brand new batteries and 3 of them are DOA. Any tips how to revive them?
12 hours ago
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules