SDK for mini4 pro
7406 17 2023-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Visanzay
lvl.1
Spain

I don´t really understand why dji is refusing to release the mini4 pro sdk right now. There are two things that are keeping many owners from upgrading from mini3/2 and new ones from buying one.

1.- A lot of 3rd party tools that support mini3/2 series to do things like photogrametry won´t be able to support mini4 until the SDK is released so, many people that is using their drones as a tool won´t be upgrading.

2.- Paying a higher price for a drone that will be able to do less than the previous counterpart as 3rd party tools can´t support them.

I´m already an owner of a mini3 pro and a mini4 pro and it´s fucking nuts that I´m ending using mini3 pro most of the time because of this. I also think that dji should support some type of connection from rc/rc2 to smartphone apps for the same reason. a premium controller unusable for doing anithing beside of normal flying.
2023-10-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hello, there. Thank you for expressing your feedback with our DJI Mini 4 Pro. We greatly appreciate your feedback and suggestions. Your input is invaluable to us as we strive to improve our products and services.

Rest assured that your ideal will be forwarded to our dedicated team for potential. We are committed to providing the best customer experience possible, and your feedback helps us achieve that goal. Should you have any further ideas or concerns, please know that we're always here to help!
2023-10-23
Use props
fansf2406672
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13902074 ft
Sweden

There's ways and means to import for example Litchi waypoint missions to the DJI natively supported wp mission functionality IMO.

https://www.litchiutilities.com/
2023-10-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It needs to be a finished product, its supposedly being realsed next year, surely ya dont want them to release an unfinished version
2023-10-23
Use props
Visanzay
lvl.1
Spain

Bashy Posted at 10-23 22:25
It needs to be a finished product, its supposedly being realsed next year, surely ya dont want them to release an unfinished version

The SDK must be finished once the drone is the store, because the dji app uses that SDK. The hardware is unusable without the software
2023-10-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
France

Visanzay Posted at 10-24 02:07
The SDK must be finished once the drone is the store, because the dji app uses that SDK. The hardware is unusable without the software

I highly doubt that, but i do think that you don't know what youre talking about.
Its not the same, the software/firmware has to be heavily modified so it will work for external software.
2023-10-24
Use props
Visanzay
lvl.1
Spain

Bashy Posted at 10-24 03:33
I highly doubt that, but i do think that you don't know what youre talking about.
Its not the same, the software/firmware has to be heavily modified so it will work for external software.

Well, I think that after 20 years of experience working as software developer I´m more or less aware of what a software development kit is, what is used for and when is provided to developers (internal and/or external).
2023-10-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Visanzay Posted at 10-24 03:57
Well, I think that after 20 years of experience working as software developer I´m more or less aware of what a software development kit is, what is used for and when is provided to developers (internal and/or external).

Oh well, yeah that pretty much puts me in my place, my sincerest apologies, oh great one!
2023-10-24
Use props
Mavic57Minis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Look through the other forums, DJI never release the SDK till several months after a new drone launch. Commercial reasons.
2023-10-24
Use props
simmoji
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11634 ft
Australia

With your experience, you might be able to do what you need yourself anyway. I've already made my own photogrammetry flight planning software for the Mini 4 Pro, not prepared to wait 6-12 months. And likewise, I don't release it because making it standalone, generic, ensuring it's fit for public use, documenting, releasing and supporting is 10x the work.
2023-10-24
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Flight distance : 682438 ft
  • >>>
Spain

2023-10-25
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

I am leaving you a link to a videotutorial where you can see how to planify photogrammetry missions usign the Waypoints function (it is in spanish):

All credits to FotoDroneRS on Youtube
2023-11-12
Use props
Γιώργος Βλάχος
lvl.1

Greece

simmoji Posted at 10-24 14:39
With your experience, you might be able to do what you need yourself anyway. I've already made my own photogrammetry flight planning software for the Mini 4 Pro, not prepared to wait 6-12 months. And likewise, I don't release it because making it standalone, generic, ensuring it's fit for public use, documenting, releasing and supporting is 10x the work.

how did you make your own software? I am interested in doing my thesis for my university, I want to get the dji mini 4 pro and I am delaying it because of the sdk. since I don't have much time, I will logically go for another drone. but if you could help me I would greatly appreciate it. Where did you read the knowledge needed to make the software?
2023-12-10
Use props
Nexus Redux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7878520 ft
  • >>>
Austria

i am also not upgrading because of this. a new drone is simply less capable... especially on photogrammetry.
2023-12-11
Use props
fansf2406672
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13902074 ft
Sweden

I'm delighted to announce that DJI in their developer forum at GitHub confirming upcoming MSDK supporting Mini 4 Pro

https://github.com/dji-sdk/Mobile-SDK-Android-V5/issues/164?fbclid=IwAR1q8bkiJfJkAA8YbRf0uGuaQ9LNwdR77ZgQhhDodeNksR0_Gm2CcFwFV-k
2023-12-11
Use props
Michele79
New

Italy

When does DJI release the Mini 4 Pro SDK? Thank you
4-28 05:35
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Michele79 Posted at 4-28 05:35

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. As of the time being, we don't have any information on when or if the DJI Mini 4 Pro will support SDK. For the latest news and updates, we suggest to subscribe to our official website at https://www.dji.com/ . We appreciate your understanding.
4-28 19:32
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
  • >>>
Spain

Michele79 Posted at 4-28 05:35

Hopefully during this summer or this fall
4-29 02:48
Use props