Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coyut
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

FEATURE REQUEST:
There should be a option to choose a non VFR live image transmission for broadcast use.
Accepting there might be less transmission range possible when disabling VFR.

The live video transmission on the Inspire 3 seems to be VFR (variable frame rate). This was also so on the Inspire 2, which made the I2 unusable for highend broadcast usage.

VFR is great to keep up as good as possible live image for the pilot and camera operator. In a just recording scenario this makes perfectly sense.
But it is a disaster for live broadcast use, where you need a constant frame rate or the video will be unusable choppy.
Constanly changing frame rates (in really wild values) can't be converted to a broadcast friendly video stream.
Even worse if it has to be converted again, after hdmi out to a from the broadcaster required frame rate or interlaced footage.

2023-10-24
Use props
FlyingHigh007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4311936 ft
Australia

We don't have too many issues. But I usually stay reasonably close by and keep an eye on the bitrate. But yes CBR might be great but I'm guessing they'd make it a lower bitrate so there's some head room. Also I find in big crowds with lots of Bluetooth and Wifi flying around the signal degrades much quicker!
2023-10-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate the time and effort you have invested in providing this suggestion to us. Your feedback will definitely be cascaded to the concerned team for further review. Your understanding is highly appreciated.
2023-10-24
Use props
Coyut
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Switzerland

FlyingHigh007 Posted at 10-24 18:18
We don't have too many issues. But I usually stay reasonably close by and keep an eye on the bitrate. But yes CBR might be great but I'm guessing they'd make it a lower bitrate so there's some head room. Also I find in big crowds with lots of Bluetooth and Wifi flying around the signal degrades much quicker!

I'm talking CFR not CBR
VFR is variable frame rate not bit rate.
But yes, CBR would also cool to choose as an option. But is less important than a CFR for broadcast.
2023-10-24
Use props
Coyut
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Switzerland

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-24 21:18
Hi. Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate the time and effort you have invested in providing this suggestion to us. Your feedback will definitely be cascaded to the concerned team for further review. Your understanding is highly appreciated.

One more thing.
While analizing on a rc recorded data I found that it seems the transfered signal is bt 601 and then transfered to bt 709.
I understand the reasons, but it should be bt 709 from start to the end.

The question is: Is this:

Does this only happen on the recording on the RC? So the base stream is bt 601 and Android on the RC changes it to bt 709, or does it happen before.
Does the hdmi out port show a Android converted video or the original comming from the I3?

How ever the hdmi out signal is VFR or a to CFR from VFR converted signal. which is unusable for highend broadcast.
As soon as there is horizontal movement, it will show show very clearly, a stocking and non smooth video.

Here is a analysis from the file I got.

Format                            : MPEG-4
Format profile                  : Base Media / Version 2
Codec ID                         : mp42 (isom/mp42)
File size                             : 16.6 MiB
Duration                           : 13 s 387 ms
Overall bit rate                  : 10.4 Mb/s
Frame rate                        : 24.054 FPS
Encoded date                    : 2023-06-08 21:49:51 UTC
Tagged date                       : 2023-06-08 21:49:51 UTC
com.android.version           : 10

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                : AVC
Format/Info                         : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                       : High@L4
Format settings                     : CABAC / 1 Ref Frames
Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
Format settings, Reference frames   : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP                       : M=1, N=30
Codec ID                                         : avc1
Codec ID/Info                        : Advanced Video Coding
Duration                                : 13 s 387 ms
Bit rate                                   : 10.4 Mb/s
Width                                     : 1 920 pixels
Height                                    : 1 024 pixels
Display aspect ratio                 : 1.85:1
Frame rate mode                     : Variable
Frame rate                               : 24.054 FPS
Minimum frame rate                  : 10.895 FPS
Maximum frame rate                 : 219.512 FPS

Standard                                 : NTSC
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                  : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                     : 0.220
Stream size                              : 16.6 MiB (100%)
Title                                        : VideoHandle
Language                                 : English
Encoded date                           : 2023-06-08 21:49:51 UTC
Tagged date                              : 2023-06-08 21:49:51 UTC
Color range                              : Limited
Color primaries                          : BT.601 PAL
Transfer characteristics               : BT.709
transfer_characteristics_Original   : BT.601
Matrix coefficients                      : BT.601

Codec configuration box                  : avcC
2023-10-24
Use props
Coyut
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Switzerland

Update:

It seems the problem only occurs when a hdmi cable is pluged into the rc. In this state it also seems the problem occurs only on the rc that has the hdmi cable pluged in. The second rc (without a active hdmi port) shows a better image at the same time.
So it could also be a hardware performance or software problem, which only shows up when the rc needs to output additionally by the hdmi port.

Hopefully this can be fixed by firmware.
2023-10-25
Use props
FlyingHigh007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4311936 ft
Australia

Coyut Posted at 10-25 03:58
Update:

It seems the problem only occurs when a hdmi cable is pluged into the rc. In this state it also seems the problem occurs only on the rc that has the hdmi cable pluged in. The second rc (without a active hdmi port) shows a better image at the same time.

Sorry didn't read your original post very well. I've not had any complaints about frame rates changing (never even checked it to be honest). I always run 25. Have you tried different rates? Next time I'm out Im gonna plug my ATOMOS into the chain and see what it says is going on re frame rates. Also are you setting the frame rate via the controllers settings or just in the Pilot 2 app?
2023-10-25
Use props
fans28257c17
lvl.1

Switzerland

FlyingHigh007 Posted at 10-25 12:52
Sorry didn't read your original post very well. I've not had any complaints about frame rates changing (never even checked it to be honest). I always run 25. Have you tried different rates? Next time I'm out Im gonna plug my ATOMOS into the chain and see what it says is going on re frame rates. Also are you setting the frame rate via the controllers settings or just in the Pilot 2 app?
The problem occurs before the final transcoding to a defined frame rate. If you check the frame rate at the hdmi port its consistent as expected. But the content in it is stocking. You can see it clearly in pans. The footage does not move smooth. It has hiccups from time to time. If you just do establishers, without much horizontal movement, you probably won't notice much. But if you turn the cam around, lets say at a house block, with clear lines, you will notice it immediately.

I found the footage is clear until you plug in something active on the hdmi port. So it really seems to be hard- or software related problem in the rc. I checked on a few different rc's and they all behave the same.
2023-10-25
Use props
Coyut
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Switzerland

@DJI Paladin The last post was made with my account. But it shows up as a post from user "fans28257c17"
There seems to be a forum problem too. As you can see it even shows Switzerland as location instead of Australia in his name tag.
Just to be aware off
2023-10-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Coyut Posted at 10-25 22:21
@DJI Paladin The last post was made with my account. But it shows up as a post from user "fans28257c17"
There seems to be a forum problem too. As you can see it even shows Switzerland as location instead of Australia in his name tag.
Just to be aware off

Hi there. We will coordinate this with our team for further investigation. Just a friendly reminder to make sure that you logged in to your main account as it seems that you are using a different email or account when you perform the response above. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules