Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 10-26 02:49
The adapter for the tripod does have a pass through usb port on which is super nice.

[view_image]

That is better than with the P2!
2023-10-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 10-26 02:46
The remote connection is supposed to be built in now.

Ah ok, I missed that.
In that case, an external powerbank is a valid alternative.
2023-10-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 10-26 02:45
I can see you using it,  especially now as youve started talking to the camera.  But you know me,  I like to hide in the bushes.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Exactly. And I have come to the conclusion that a wearable mic is a great alternative for my videos, as the mic can be a PITA to put up where I want to stand.
2023-10-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 10-26 03:21
Ah ok, I missed that.

Ive tested it and it does indeed work,  and supports fast charging.  
2023-10-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Exactly. And I have come to the conclusion that a wearable mic is a great alternative for my videos, as the mic can be a PITA to put up where I want to stand.

The new Mic 2 that it comes with seems pretty good from the reviews Ive seen,  but also the internal mic does a reasonable job too.
2023-10-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ah ok, I missed that.

Im just testing a 30 minute motion lapse so Im interested to see how much it drains the battery to do one.  
2023-10-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 10-26 03:29
Im just testing a 30 minute motion lapse so Im interested to see how much it drains the battery to do one.

With which device?
2023-10-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 10-26 03:28
The new Mic 2 that it comes with seems pretty good from the reviews Ive seen,  but also the internal mic does a reasonable job too.

Yeah, I have heard that too. Not as good as my big mic, but that is good for other tasks then (recording vocals separately)
2023-10-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 10-26 03:27
Ive tested it and it does indeed work,  and supports fast charging.

What have you tested?
2023-10-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pocket 3.  -  did you not see the thread - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D1
2023-10-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 10-26 03:52
What have you tested?

Charging whilst do a motion lapse.  
2023-10-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 10-26 04:14
Pocket 3.  -  did you not see the thread - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=300284&extra=page%3D1

Oh wow. No, I'm a bit behind.
But it does not show on your icons?
2023-10-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 10-26 04:15
Charging whilst do a motion lapse.

Yeah, I get it now
Nice nice nice!
2023-10-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 10-26 04:14
Pocket 3.  -  did you not see the thread - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=300284&extra=page%3D1

I'm really curious how it will preform!
2023-10-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 10-26 04:44
I'm really curious how it will preform!

Any particular test you'd like me to try?
2023-10-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 10-26 04:43
Oh wow. No, I'm a bit behind.
But it does not show on your icons?

Not yet,   its a bit soon I guess.
2023-10-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 10-26 05:16
Not yet,   its a bit soon I guess.

I guess so. Previously you got an empty (blue) square.
2023-10-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 10-26 05:12
Any particular test you'd like me to try?

Battery duration on a hyperlapse.
Changing exposure values on the device itself (is that easy, since it is not on the P2)
General filming quality.
2023-10-26
Use props
hehe2
lvl.3
France

Hi,

I ordered the Osmo Pocket 3 in the DJI Store in Paris yesterday.

Today I'm struggling with the streaming feature which I never could make work. I'm having the exact same bug as described on this Pocket 2 thread.

I'm so disappointed... I thought it would work flawlessly...

Not to mention there's nowhere in the "network information" settings page showing you the Pocket's Wi-Fi MAC address (necessary if you have set your DHCP to do MAC filtering for security measures).

So, for now I can tell you that the LIVE STREAMING FEATURE IS *NOT* WORKING on the DJI Osmo Pocket 3.

2023-10-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 10-26 06:07
Battery duration on a hyperlapse.
Changing exposure values on the device itself (is that easy, since it is not on the P2)
General filming quality.

A 30 minute motionlapse used 10% of the battery.  

Changing exposure is easy,  you swipe right to left on the screen and tap exposure and you get a screen for setting it

General filming quality - to be determined but the reviews looked pretty good.
2023-10-26
Use props
hehe2
lvl.3
France

So, for now, I've not been able to connect the Osmo Pocket 3 to the MIMO app using the USB-C cable.

I've only been able using the Wi-Fi which is cumbersome (you have to enable bluetooth + localisation + Wi-Fi on your phone to be able to connect to the Osmo Pocket in the MIMO app).

The old Osmo Pocket 1 just required the small USB-C connector you could directly plug on your phone (or using some USB-C to USB-C extension cable) which was really handy.

Regarding the Timelapse feature, DJI still didn't improve the features requested for years :

- 1 second or less interval : FAILED
=> currently still limited to 2s interval at lowest
=> oddly enough, the "motionlapse" has access to the 0.5s interval... How weird is this?

- ability to store *ONLY* RAW and/or JPEG images and *NOT* the actual video footage : FAILED
=> that's redundant and you'll always get a better result using your computer with a video editing software to generate the footage.
=> You can get your images on top of the video file but you can't get rid of the video file...
      Available settings are : video + RAW, video + JPEG or video ONLY

Note that while it was "fast charging" and just connected to the MIMO app without being even recording anything, after a few minutes I got a "overheating" error message and it shut down.

This is annoying because it's not even hot in my house right now (it's mostly on the coldish side of temperatures, like about 20 °C or something. I wonder what it will become in the summer.

I mean, for now I'm a bit disappointed by the product, because images quality is obviously way better than the ones on my Osmo Pocket 1 but regarding the features, I feel it's not even better, the live streaming doesn't work, the timelapse has the same limitations, the overheating is there, you can't use MIMO with only the USB-C cable and the UI is annoying (this big message displayed every time you change a setting is really cumbersome).

Let's hope they'll update the firmware to fix some of these features soon...

Edit : The "pouch" of the creators' edition can't even include the default "case" inside of it, it won't fit... So you end up with a big pouch *AND* a "useless case" that would actually be usefull on the run (faster access to the OP when walking to shoot things) but you can't easily carry with you. They also removed the ability to switch between video/photo mode using only a single click on what has now become a "stick" (actually, it's more like a 4 buttons cross, the same you had on the good old famicom, you actually can't use diagonals). So you actually have to use the touch screen each time you want to switch between photo/video mode...

2023-10-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 10-26 06:55
A 30 minute motionlapse used 10% of the battery.  

Changing exposure is easy,  you swipe right to left on the screen and tap exposure and you get a screen for setting it

No hardware button for exposure settings?
The original Osmo Mobile had this on the handle and that was super convenient.
2023-10-26
Use props
Andy591960
lvl.2
Flight distance : 107060 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

According to the Structural Accessories video, available in the DJI Mimo app, the Pocket 3 comes with 4 accessories, one of those being the expansion adaptor. This is incorrect, which is very disappointing, as it is only £15 and considering I purchased the Creator combo at just over £600, I was, to say the least confused, because the what's in the box list makes no mention of the expansion adaptor, yet the video clearly states it is included... OK, so I can just purchase one... sadly not as they are currently out of stock.

This reminded me if the release of the Mini 4 Pro... you could get the flymore combo next day, but could not purchase just the drone.

So should the extension adaptor have been included in the combo with the Pocket 3, as mentioned n the Stuctiral Accessories video or not, if not why not
2023-10-27
Use props
Andy591960
lvl.2
Flight distance : 107060 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

waxings Posted at 10-25 07:07
Will the old DJI Mic work with this new picket 3? The one that comes with 2 in a case.

Apparently yes, according to FlytPath, "DJI Mic 1 works with the Pocket 3  he even demonstrates it
2023-10-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 10-26 11:34
No hardware button for exposure settings?
The original Osmo Mobile had this on the handle and that was super convenient.

Only two buttons,  a power/shutter button and a 5d button./. But if you use the app it's also easy to set.
2023-10-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 10-27 03:47
Only two buttons,  a power/shutter button and a 5d button./. But if you use the app it's also easy to set.

Can you use the 5D button for exposure changes?
2023-10-27
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am really impressed by the Timelapse quality of the pocket 3.

Day Timelapse: https://youtu.be/7m__bMXrI_k?si=1srmgRhTS1h4wA-G

Night Timelapse:
https://youtu.be/ycxufoxh6DI?si=YpcEe25AyzHi3r9f
2023-10-27
Use props
dronethemoment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9021293 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can tell already the DJI Pocket 3 is going to beat the Feiyu Pocket 3 by far in image quality.  I hope to see a version of DJI Pocket 3 Pro with a detachable magnetic gimbal, perhaps like the Mavic 3 pro with multiple cameras.  Will share some comparisons.  Both cameras shoot at 4k video.
IMG_5557.jpeg
IMG_5559.jpeg
2023-10-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 10-27 04:21
Can you use the 5D button for exposure changes?

Not that Ive found,  that just moves the camera and the zoom in/out.   It does ket you navigate some of the menus too.  
2023-10-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 10-27 23:52
Not that Ive found,  that just moves the camera and the zoom in/out.   It does ket you navigate some of the menus too.

I wish they would implement that.
2023-10-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 10-28 05:17
I wish they would implement that.

You can touch to set focus and exposure on the screen.
2023-10-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 10-29 00:03
You can touch to set focus and exposure on the screen.

I have to see how I like it on the P3.
Maybe the bigger screen makes it more easy, but usually I prefer having physical buttons for exposure. (one of the upgrades I really like about the RC of my Mini 3 Pro is that extra dial, which I use for exposure changes)
2023-10-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 10-29 01:59
I have to see how I like it on the P3.
Maybe the bigger screen makes it more easy, but usually I prefer having physical buttons for exposure. (one of the upgrades I really like about the RC of my Mini 3 Pro is that extra dial, which I use for exposure changes)

Snap,  I use that too,  I was a bit bummed though to not get a 5d button too like the smart controller.  
2023-10-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 10-29 06:17
Snap,  I use that too,  I was a bit bummed though to not get a 5d button too like the smart controller.

I really miss the physical control on the P2 for exposure values.
2023-10-29
Use props
djiuser_vSfFpHCqt0MX
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I was excited by the launch of the Pocket 3 and ordered it from the DJI store (UK) on day one. I received it the very next day which was a welcome surprise. I have a problem with my unit though: https:// photos.app.goo.gl/ mTEk4Rc4K28sLJ8t6 (without spaces)

Has anybody else experienced the same issue whenever switching views from facing forward to selfie mode?

I might have to return it and order another one, hoping I won’t face the same issue.
2023-10-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_vSfFpHCqt0MX Posted at 10-30 10:23
I was excited by the launch of the Pocket 3 and ordered it from the DJI store (UK) on day one. I received it the very next day which was a welcome surprise. I have a problem with my unit though: https:// photos.app.goo.gl/ mTEk4Rc4K28sLJ8t6 (without spaces)

Has anybody else experienced the same issue whenever switching views from facing forward to selfie mode?

Hello there. Sorry about the experience. Let me get the related department to check on this. Thank you for your patience.
2023-10-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_vSfFpHCqt0MX Posted at 10-30 10:23
I was excited by the launch of the Pocket 3 and ordered it from the DJI store (UK) on day one. I received it the very next day which was a welcome surprise. I have a problem with my unit though: https:// photos.app.goo.gl/ mTEk4Rc4K28sLJ8t6 (without spaces)

Hi. Thank you for patiently waiting. If you're referring to the screen switching after turning to a selfie, it is normal as when the lens turns to the selfie direction, the real-time image transmission image will be mirrored immediately, which is to make it easier for users to compose pictures.
2023-10-31
Use props
djiuser_vSfFpHCqt0MX
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 10-31 00:09
Hi. Thank you for patiently waiting. If you're referring to the screen switching after turning to a selfie, it is normal as when the lens turns to the selfie direction, the real-time image transmission image will be mirrored immediately, which is to make it easier for users to compose pictures.

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly: I confirm I tried the mirroring option on and off and it doesn’t change anything… also I checked dozens of videos on YouTube and I yet have to come across footage which exhibits the same issue… could my unit be defective?
2023-10-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_vSfFpHCqt0MX Posted at 10-31 03:26
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly: I confirm I tried the mirroring option on and off and it doesn’t change anything… also I checked dozens of videos on YouTube and I yet have to come across footage which exhibits the same issue… could my unit be defective?

Hi there. Have you already tried to record after turning on/off the mirroring? The option to turn on/off the mirroring will only show the effect once the video was recorded.
2023-11-1
Use props
fans5e0e4445
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Firmware update please to add slow mo in portrait orientation!!!
2023-11-1
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules