Seamless gear ring for RJ3 Pro focus motor
571 3 2023-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_p4v7fkksB42W
lvl.1
United States

I'm looking for a seamless gear ring for the RJ3 Pro focus motor.  The adjustable ring provide is pretty clunky.  I researched SmallRig, Tilta, Neewer ... verified purchasers indicated SmallRig and Tilta will not work with RJ3 Pro Focus motor, but I have no information on Neewer.  
Any suggestions?

Can the gear wheel be removed and replaced for a different grove spacing on the RS3 Pro focus motor?

Cheers, Rob.

2023-10-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Rob. Let me forward your concern to our relevant team for confirmation. We'll let you know once we receive an update.
2023-10-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Rob. Thank you for patiently waiting. Please see the feedback below:

1. The DJI RS Focus Motor (2022) of DJI RS3 PRO is not recommended to be disassembled by customers, which will affect the normal use of the focus motor function and warranty service.
2. To get better use of the Focus Motor, it is recommended to use it with the Focus Gear Strip.

Hope this helps.
2023-11-9
Use props
djiuser_p4v7fkksB42W
lvl.1
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-9 07:05
Hi, Rob. Thank you for patiently waiting. Please see the feedback below:

1. The DJI RS Focus Motor (2022) of DJI RS3 PRO is not recommended to be disassembled by customers, which will affect the normal use of the focus motor function and warranty service.

Unfortunately the gear spacing listed at 0.8 doesn't seem to be the same as those from SmallRig/Tilta which does list as 0.8 also ... so a bit confused why those other rings skip when used with the RS3 Pro motor?

After further diagnostics it seems the primary issue (given all ring gears are 0.8) is not sufficient tension between the motor and gear ring.  The lock 12mm tube design isn't sufficient.  There needs to be a tension spring that can be used/set to apply some pressure between the motor gear and the gear ring.  Seems to be a bit of a design flaw.

I'll buy a new RS3 motor and experiment with spring load tension which will I need to fabrication for  the motor housing/bracket.  I think this would be a relatively simple change to the RS3 motor housing/bracket so I hope your design team can take a look at this for future improvements.
2023-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules