New DJI Osmo Pocket 3 Firmware Released (01/31/2024)
45296 228 2023-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MartianSunset
lvl.3
United States

fans0c6c1ced Posted at 2-4 23:22
Hi MartianSunset, I think this is too much to expect  from one button, power on, power off, start recording, stop recording and now cancel at the same place... Yes, this new function is to address possible user imperfections etc. during the recording, but the same accidental user imperfections can now cancel/delete/evaporate entire ~16GB, ~32mins of 4K recording...

I don't think it's worth the risk it created especially in the universe of many other DJI devices also do not have this same "cancel/delete the recording" functionality associated with the record button... I think DJI need to try maintaining operational standards/principals among different cameras  (pockets, actions...)

Many devices have buttons that have multiple uses depending on how you press them. It's not "too much".

This really is a non-issue. I don't own other DJI devices so I don't care how they operate. If you're recording and you want to save the recording you simply press the record button once to stop the recording. If you then want to shut down you either rotate the screen or long press the record button. I would guess %99.9 of P3 users do that.
2-5 16:15
Use props
MartianSunset
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_3jGLuCmSoh2p Posted at 2-5 03:35
Nice,but what about the filters ?
We still can NOT turn off the device with a filter on the lenses like the Pocket 2 for example!!!
Every time I need to remove the filter before turning off the Pocket 3.

I just got a pack of Neewer nd filters. The P3 shuts down normally with them on.
2-5 16:17
Use props
mnb
lvl.1
United States

After the update my Mic2's level is very high at normal distances from my mouth.  I had to drop the gain -10, which is nearly all the way to get a signal that wasn't too hot.  This seems like it's not very well calibrated.  Should I need to drop the gain further, there's little I can do since I've dropped it almost all the way already just to get a normal input level.
2-6 00:31
Use props
Jacektfc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4819055 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Hello DJI please add video out to pocket 3 Used with pocket3 as a camera connected to a video mixer. as one of the sources.i think about  USB c to hdmi cable
2-8 14:36
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Jacektfc Posted at 2-8 14:36
Hello DJI please add video out to pocket 3 Used with pocket3 as a camera connected to a video mixer. as one of the sources.i think about  USB c to hdmi cable

Hi, there. Thank you for sharing your idea with us. We'll check your suggestion with our relevant team for consideration. Please pay attention to our official website for future updates. Cheers!
2-13 02:31
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_3jGLuCmSoh2p Posted at 2-5 03:35
Nice,but what about the filters ?
We still can NOT turn off the device with a filter on the lenses like the Pocket 2 for example!!!
Every time I need to remove the filter before turning off the Pocket 3.

You don't need remove it, it simply goes to alternative park position and can still be put back in the case with the lens pointing down you have a filter on should you happen to be clumsy about it.
2-13 11:40
Use props
djiuser_JmiWjVWPrMFO
lvl.1

United States

Can someone explain to me why the latest Pocket 3 firmware stated that the mic 2 firmware needs to be 04.03.08.13, yet when I go to look for the latest version to download, it shows and downloads 04.02.01.13?
Where can I find the 04.03.08.13, if not on the official download center?
2-15 14:14
Use props
BinaryDigits
lvl.3
United Kingdom

djiuser_JmiWjVWPrMFO Posted at 2-15 14:14
Can someone explain to me why the latest Pocket 3 firmware stated that the mic 2 firmware needs to be 04.03.08.13, yet when I go to look for the latest version to download, it shows and downloads 04.02.01.13?
Where can I find the 04.03.08.13, if not on the official download center?

As the previous posting, the Mic2 firmware 04.03.08.13 has disappeared from the downloads center.
2-15 23:07
Use props
MM_Pro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94580 ft
Hungary

Any idea how to update with wifi only? I have no mobile network data,  It can be updated via usb cable from pc?
3-3 17:09
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

MM_Pro Posted at 3-3 17:09
Any idea how to update with wifi only? I have no mobile network data,  It can be updated via usb cable from pc?

Seems like a great big bowl of wrong.  Companies just don't care across the board. I'm going to be a lot more careful when buying something half baked.  Why is this dji mic 2 filled with so many caveats? Its just a mic.
3-12 16:59
Use props
BigApple
New

Poland

I  have Osmo Pocket  3  i bought it  about 3 weeks ago.  Low light is fine well its fantastic  . But   noise level is really  pain.    Osmo Pocket 2  had no problem with dayline  noise it was fantastic.  But low light was poor due just  0.5  inch sensor.  But  noise level in Osmo Pocket  3  its  really  dissapointing.   I am using  sharpness -2  noise  -2  but i still see even duinr eraly evening  noise.   Grass  Treess  walking ground and building walls  lot of noises.  I dont think its hardware problem as pocket 2 had no problem with this.

after latest firmware upgrade   now we are forced to switch up and down by screen only.   
3-14 09:49
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Is Pocket 3 finished with updates and next updates comes as features for Pocket 4? From the release we have seen Mic, Mic, Mic and Mic update for Pocket 3 and some essential optimization.
3-20 01:18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aavis Posted at 3-20 01:18
Is Pocket 3 finished with updates and next updates comes as features for Pocket 4? From the release we have seen Mic, Mic, Mic and Mic update for Pocket 3 and some essential optimization.

It's beginning to feel like that Aavis isnt it.
3-20 02:19
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 3-20 02:19
It's beginning to feel like that Aavis isnt it.

I really hoped they would fix tilting while panning in all modes like Pocket 1 and 2 acts. But no.

I mentally don't wait anything extra or fix anymore.

I liked the support they did with pocket 1. Nearly two years of upgrades.
3-20 04:46
Use props
KIRILLNE
lvl.2
Russia

She is missing 60 frames in the OBS program, even if you switch in the camera itself, the OBS sees only 30 (I already tried it with several computers, apparently the problem is in the firmware . Windows 10 \11
3-27 17:33
Use props
djiuser_XtBqzhuruzo5
lvl.1

Singapore

I bought a Pocket3 last year.  When do you take the joystick problem?  Why does panning lock if I tilt the joystick up or down?
4-5 01:43
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_XtBqzhuruzo5 Posted at 4-5 01:43
I bought a Pocket3 last year.  When do you take the joystick problem?  Why does panning lock if I tilt the joystick up or down?

Hi, djiuser_XtBqzhuruzo5. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please provide a video showing the issue? Please include the firmware version as well for us to further check. We will wait for your reply. Thank you.
4-5 02:52
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-5 02:52
Hi, djiuser_XtBqzhuruzo5. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please provide a video showing the issue? Please include the firmware version as well for us to further check. We will wait for your reply. Thank you.

A video? i already sent one of that kind months ago.

If you pan using hand and tilt using joystick the gimbal locks the orientation. It wont pan when joystick is touched up or down while panning. This is super easy to understand. This happens when in Tilt mode and Follow mode.

Pocket 1 and 2 does not lock the gimbal while doing this but Pocket 3 does.

All pocket 3s act like this. Fix it to act like in Pocket 1 and 2 than  you can pan using hand and tilt using joystick.
4-5 03:47
Use props
polucigan
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-5 02:52

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/_k9vQcaBAeQ

dji pocket 3. lock gimbal pan after joystick press.
4-7 06:17
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

polucigan Posted at 4-7 06:17

Yes this is the problem I reported when Pocket 3 was released. It also happens when using joystick. It is super annoying and still no fix for that.

I really really hope they will fix it.
4-7 07:11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Aavis Posted at 4-5 03:47
A video? i already sent one of that kind months ago.

If you pan using hand and tilt using joystick the gimbal locks the orientation. It wont pan when joystick is touched up or down while panning. This is super easy to understand. This happens when in Tilt mode and Follow mode.

Thanks for the details, Aavis. We have confirmed that Pocket 3 is working within the specs But I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your kind understanding.
4-9 05:03
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

polucigan Posted at 4-7 06:17

Thanks for the video link, polucigan. We'll forward this as well to our relevant team. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your kind understanding.
4-9 05:05
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I am sure we all are well aware of a few things requested and not given as the Consumer we are , not commercial.  

1 Remove, decrease, or shorten the length and size of the  prompts of, "DJI mic connected and make it like yes the disconnection, and 5 seconds tops

2 Increase by two seconds longer the change of Modes when touching. the lower left.

No one else agrees,  we all need to      mention this or else DJI will ignore it, they do not understand a simple requests its how many months later!!!!!!!
4-9 05:46
Use props
Aavis
First Officer
  • >>>
Finland

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-9 05:03
Thanks for the details, Aavis. We have confirmed that Pocket 3 is working within the specs But I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your kind understanding.

Why did it changed in first place? Pocket 1 and Pocket 2 works just like that. You can pan while tilting with Pocket 1/2.

This is just downgrade. Just like removing the total Gimbal Lock function. Why it was removed? Now you have to press and hold to lock gimbal.

Both of these functions where downgraded from the Pocket 2.

But I hope you bring these functions back via updates.
4-9 06:54
Use props
djiuser_XtBqzhuruzo5
lvl.1

Singapore

DJI Gamora Posted at 4-9 05:05
Thanks for the video link, polucigan. We'll forward this as well to our relevant team. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your kind understanding.

I had pocket, pocket 2, ronin rs3, hohem hg3, feiyutech, zhiyun. There the joystick did not block the gimbal.  I know for sure that pocket3 blocks the gimbal and this is not the correct action.  If you say that this is not a bug but normal behavior, then I am selling my pocket3.  I have other cameras that are more convenient to use.
4-9 07:37
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Aavis Posted at 4-9 06:54
Why did it changed in first place? Pocket 1 and Pocket 2 works just like that. You can pan while tilting with Pocket 1/2.

This is just downgrade. Just like removing the total Gimbal Lock function. Why it was removed? Now you have to press and hold to lock gimbal.

Hi, Aavis. We have not yet received any information related to your question. We understand how disappointing this is but rest assured that your essential feedback will be forwarded as well. Thank you for your continued support.
4-11 06:28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_XtBqzhuruzo5 Posted at 4-9 07:37
I had pocket, pocket 2, ronin rs3, hohem hg3, feiyutech, zhiyun. There the joystick did not block the gimbal.  I know for sure that pocket3 blocks the gimbal and this is not the correct action.  If you say that this is not a bug but normal behavior, then I am selling my pocket3.  I have other cameras that are more convenient to use.

Hi, djiuser_XtBqzhuruzo5. Thank you for your feedback and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We'll forward them to our relevant team. Thank you for your kind understanding.
4-11 06:41
Use props
Adam Cheema
New

United Kingdom

I just bought a Osmo Pocket 3, and I cannot install Mimo on my Pixel 6. It's on the latest version of Android 14. Whenever I download the APK and try to launch it, I get an error saying 'Something went wrong. App not installed'. Please help.
4-11 11:22
Use props
Steven_Yoon
lvl.2

South Korea

Can I get a rough idea of when a new update is coming?
4-13 21:39
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules