6813 26 2023-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
China

To celebrate Halloween and promote interaction and communication in the DJI Forum, we are launching the "Skyborne Sorcerer of Halloween" content creation campaign, inviting all overseas DJI users to present their creativity and skills.

Get Involved Now

Event Content & Format:

• Shooting Creative Video: Users are required to shoot a short video related to the theme of Halloween using a DJI device. This can be horror, humor, mystery, or any creative content related to Halloween. (If you don't have a DJI device yet, you are welcome to film with your mobile phone/camera and edit with Light Cut)
  • Video Editing: Users can use any software they like to add effects, music, and editing to the video to make it more in line with the Halloween atmosphere.
  • Sharing and Interaction: Users upload their creative videos to the DJI forum and share them with friends and family. Other forum members can like and comment on their favorite videos.
  • Users should add 'Halloween' to the post title, and we'll choose the ten users with the most interactions to be rewarded (total number of interactions, likes, comments, and favorites)

Event Rewards:

• Winning entries receive forum recommendations for display
  • Participating users will receive forum points (500 points for each first post) and participation badges.
  • Additional forum points will be awarded according to the ranking:

Gold Award: Equivalent forum point of  $100
Silver Award: Equivalent forum point of  $75
Bronze Award: Equivalent forum point of  $50
Equivalent forum point of  $30 for each of the top 4 to 10 quality entries.

• If the event is well attended, additional mystery prizes will be added later!

Event time:

2023.10.31 06:00 - 2023.12.12 18:00 EST

Reward Announcement Time:

2023.12.20 12:00 EST

Content Idea

When drones play the role of "Skyborne Sorcerer", various aerial photography techniques can be utilized to create mysterious, humorous, or thrilling effects for Halloween. Here are some recommended techniques:

Night Shooting:

Combine the atmosphere of Halloween with the night. Drones can be used to shoot at night for a mysterious vibe. Ensure you use drones with night vision capabilities and always prioritize safety.

"Ghost" Tracking:

Utilize the "Follow Me" mode to have the drone tail someone dressed as a ghost or another monster, capturing their movement from above.

Backlit Silhouettes:
Shoot during sunset or sunrise to capture silhouetted figures from behind, producing a spooky effect.

Spiral Ascension:
When shooting a scene or object on the ground, let the drone vertically ascend while rotating 360 degrees, creating a magical visual effect.

Time Lapse:
Use the time-lapse feature to capture the transition from sunset to nighttime, showcasing the Halloween evening atmosphere.

Bird's Eye View:
Capture Halloween decorations and jack-o-lanterns from above, giving the impression of a mysterious magical formation on the ground.

"Through the Gap" Flight:
Fly the drone through trees, buildings, or other obstacles for thrilling elements in your footage.

Slow Motion:
Capture key moments like smoke, flames, or dancing Halloween-costumed people, and then play it back in slow motion to enhance the mysterious or dramatic effect.

Mixing Real Footage with Special Effects:
In post-production, blend actual aerial shots with computer-generated effects (like magic, ghosts, etc.) for exaggerated and mysterious outcomes.

Storytelling:
Combine ground shots with aerial views to narrate a short Halloween-related story, like the search for a lost magical item or a ghost seeking revenge.

No matter which technique you choose, safety should always come first. Operators should ensure they fly in safe areas, avoid causing harm to people or objects, and always adhere to local flight regulations.

Declaration

1. Participants must ensure that all content submitted in the event does not infringe on the rights of third parties. If they use other people's stories, photos, videos, or music, they must obtain the prior consent of the right holder, otherwise, the participant will be responsible for any problems arising from this.

2. The participant shall authorize DJI Forum to edit, publish, disseminate, or otherwise use all text, images, videos, and other content submitted by the participant in the activity.

3. If the event participant is found to be in violation of the rules, the event participant has the right to cancel the event directly.

4. The final right to explain this event belongs to the DJI Forum.

Update:

Due to the lower-than-expected volume of event postings, we are not announcing the winning entries, but we have contacted the winning users and distributed the event rewards, thank you for your participation in the DJI Forum event!

2023-10-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice one.
I'm looking forward to seeing the entries!
2023-10-31
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Gold Award: Equivalent forum point of  $100
Silver Award: Equivalent forum point of  $75
Bronze Award: Equivalent forum point of  $50

embarrassing, and even more so for users who have been here for years.....

2023-10-31
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

Faced with the fiasco of the last event, now they express the rewards in dollars.  

And the guys who take their time to analyze the flightlogs and provide precise answers, among other things, do you plan to do something for them one day?  

Because a story between horror humor and mistery, I have one, that's what's happening on this forum.

Well I don't hope to get any rewards with this comment but it was just a matter of throwing a little booger at DJI.  When will you decide to properly moderate the forum?
2023-10-31
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

Very fun. Thinking about doing it
2023-10-31
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

Man, i could use $100 for refresh.
2023-10-31
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I am tempted to participate, if the Pocket series is allowed instead of just drones. They do talk a lot about drones here, but mentioning the general term of "DJI device" does give some hope. Will have to come up with an idea for an entry. There could be a couple of things I could utilize
2023-10-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What are participation badges?  These were mentioned for the last event but I didnt receive one that I know of.
2023-11-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 10-31 13:30
I am tempted to participate, if the Pocket series is allowed instead of just drones. They do talk a lot about drones here, but mentioning the general term of "DJI device" does give some hope. Will have to come up with an idea for an entry. There could be a couple of things I could utilize

They do say and DJI device or light cut so you should be good H.
2023-11-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here's my entry into the event.    https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=300718
2023-11-1
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 11-1 01:20
They do say and DJI device or light cut so you should be good H.

No harm in trying, I guess.
2023-11-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 11-1 12:24
No harm in trying, I guess.

Mines already submitted.
2023-11-1
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 11-1 23:27
Mines already submitted.

I'll have to check those out

Haven't planned mine much yet, I've been quite busy with work and planning my friend's birthday celebrations took some time as well.
2023-11-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DAFlys Posted at 11-1 01:20
What are participation badges?  These were mentioned for the last event but I didnt receive one that I know of.

Hi, DAFlys. Let me confirm this with our relevant team. I'll get back to you once we receive an update.
2023-11-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-6 05:26
Hi, DAFlys. Let me confirm this with our relevant team. I'll get back to you once we receive an update.

thank you DJI Gamora.
2023-11-7
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

My entry for the competition: https://forum.dji.com/thread-303091-1-1.html

It is a bit late for Halloween, but the competition time has not expired yet, if I have understood correctly, so I guess it still counts, right?
2023-12-9
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

The deadline for announcing the results has passed by and, once again, we haven't heard anything of the winners. When should we hear about the results, February?

Also, you really ought to do something about that spammer attempting to advertise their crypto scam.
2023-12-21
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Also, it says volumes about the "monitoring" of the threads when the promised reply is nowhere to be seen by the deadline, but there are multiple spam messages instead...
2023-12-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 12-21 00:59
The deadline for announcing the results has passed by and, once again, we haven't heard anything of the winners. When should we hear about the results, February?

Also, you really ought to do something about that spammer attempting to advertise their crypto scam.

Check your Messages H.  I got a private message to announce I was the bronze winner.  
2023-12-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Panda,   did you ever find out what the participation badges are that are mentioned?  
"Participating users will receive forum points (500 points for each first post) and participation badges."
2023-12-21
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 12-21 03:27
Check your Messages H.  I got a private message to announce I was the bronze winner.

I checked and had received a message. I made it to the awards

Also, congratulations on your successful bronze award
2023-12-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 12-21 17:44
I checked and had received a message. I made it to the awards

Also, congratulations on your successful bronze award

Well done H,    what did you get.  
2023-12-22
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 12-22 01:33
Well done H,    what did you get.

I got the Gold Award - 100$'s worth of DJI Forum Points. I was quite surprised about it actually.
2023-12-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 12-22 13:44
I got the Gold Award - 100$'s worth of DJI Forum Points.  I was quite surprised about it actually.

Oh wow.  Congrats to you.  
2023-12-23
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 12-23 00:36
Oh wow.  Congrats to you.

Thanks, you too for your award
2023-12-23
Use props
DAFlys