956 11 2023-11-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hkarlsen_nor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 243445 ft
Norway

Hi all!

I am struggeling to get actual sharp images with the Lidar RS connected. I think I have every item on the latest firmware (focus/lidar/gimbal). I have tried different positions of the lidar, as close the the lens opening as possible, and inputing the offset in the gimbal. I have also calibrated the lens several times. Evertyhing is "working", with activetrack and everything showing in the gimbal monitor, but the focus beeing pulled is not correct.  I have not updated the lens motor recently, I did it once via the app on the Gimbal, but perhaps it should be updated on a computer? Any help?

Thanks!
2023-11-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, hkarlsen_nor. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please provide us a video of operation for further checking?
2023-11-4
Use props
hkarlsen_nor
lvl.1
Norway

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-4 06:42
Hi, hkarlsen_nor. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please provide us a video of operation for further checking?
Thanks for your reply. Please see attached video file. video test lidar rs

As it is clear from the video, focus is off by at least 10 cm+ around the 2 meter mark. I have done the calibration of this 50mm Sigma FF Cine 1.4 PL Mount lens several times. It not that strange, as there is only 2 marks required for the calibration. Why is this? No lens has the same turn of the barrel between 1-4 meters, and it will never work with so few marks. Why can't I add more marks to the calibration??
Thanks
2023-11-6
Use props
hkarlsen_nor
lvl.1
Norway

hkarlsen_nor Posted at 11-6 04:04
Thanks for your reply. Please see attached video file. video test lidar rs

As it is clear from the video, focus is off by at least 10 cm+ around the 2 meter mark. I have done the calibration of this 50mm Sigma FF Cine 1.4 PL Mount lens several times. It not that strange, as there is only 2 marks required for the calibration. Why is this? No lens has the same turn of the barrel between 1-4 meters, and it will never work with so few marks. Why can't I add more marks to the calibration??

Heres a dropbox link as well
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/voifi1y7eb3s7ya4efii5/video_test_lidar-rs.MOV?rlkey=vn1ylc2858tcjflm40n1y7qy2&dl=0
2023-11-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

hkarlsen_nor Posted at 11-6 04:09
Heres a dropbox link as well
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/voifi1y7eb3s7ya4efii5/video_test_lidar-rs.MOV?rlkey=vn1ylc2858tcjflm40n1y7qy2&dl=0

Hi, hkarlsen_nor. Thank you for the link. We'll forward this to our relevant team for further checking. We'll let you know once we receive an update.
2023-11-10
Use props
hkarlsen_nor
lvl.1
Norway

Hi, hoping anyone else with a setup of manual cine lenses can chime in here. Are you able to get proper focus at wide open? I have the Sigma FF Cine Primes, and checking focus at f 1.5. After calibration, focus is only semi-tack sharp at the calibration distances 1m/4m. Anything in between is off by some cm. I can not understand how proper focus can be achieved with only 2 calibration points. When adjusting manually, the readout of the onscreen distance on the RC3 Pro (coming from Lidar RS) is correct, as I match the lens metering to that. But in AF, with only two calibration points, there is no way for the Lidar RS to know how the lens is mapped between 1-4 meters, right??
2023-11-22
Use props
djiuser_dXTvWgfrbiGH
New
Flight distance : 8596 ft
Russia

hkarlsen_nor Posted at 11-22 04:04
Hi, hoping anyone else with a setup of manual cine lenses can chime in here. Are you able to get proper focus at wide open? I have the Sigma FF Cine Primes, and checking focus at f 1.5. After calibration, focus is only semi-tack sharp at the calibration distances 1m/4m. Anything in between is off by some cm. I can not understand how proper focus can be achieved with only 2 calibration points. When adjusting manually, the readout of the onscreen distance on the RC3 Pro (coming from Lidar RS) is correct, as I match the lens metering to that. But in AF, with only two calibration points, there is no way for the Lidar RS to know how the lens is mapped between 1-4 meters, right??

Hello, having the same problem, have you found the solution yet?
2023-12-3
Use props
hkarlsen_nor
lvl.1
Norway

djiuser_dXTvWgfrbiGH Posted at 12-3 07:47
Hello, having the same problem, have you found the solution yet?

Hi! Unfortunalety not. I am in email support with DJI, who is saying that product engineers are looking at it ( I made a new video). They are still saying they only need 1m and 4m calibration, which is very strange. Will keep you posted if I get anywhere.
2023-12-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

hkarlsen_nor Posted at 12-4 04:34
Hi! Unfortunalety not. I am in email support with DJI, who is saying that product engineers are looking at it ( I made a new video). They are still saying they only need 1m and 4m calibration, which is very strange. Will keep you posted if I get anywhere.

Hey there, l am also very concerning about  the issue you are encountering with, may l know if you could let me know the progress, l have not found any email related by searching your email address. thank you very much!
2023-12-6
Use props
ImagerieFilms
lvl.1

France

Same problem here. It seems it's happening with the sigma FF series. Any updates on dji side ?
Thanks !
1-14 11:59
Use props
hkarlsen_nor
lvl.1
Norway

ImagerieFilms Posted at 1-14 11:59
Same problem here. It seems it's happening with the sigma FF series. Any updates on dji side ?
Thanks !

They are eager to help via email, but as I am really stretched for time I have not had time to fully troubleshoot in a while. The main point for them was that the calibration has to be done with faces, not objects. But I believe I have done this as well and did not succeed. But will try again
1-15 00:51
Use props
ImagerieFilms
lvl.1

France

hkarlsen_nor Posted at 1-15 00:51
They are eager to help via email, but as I am really stretched for time I have not had time to fully troubleshoot in a while. The main point for them was that the calibration has to be done with faces, not objects. But I believe I have done this as well and did not succeed. But will try again

It's not really face dependant. It worked perfectly with some lenses, and just not with the Sigma FF prime serie. Do you have a contact i can join at DJI to solve this ? Thanks !
1-24 05:42
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules