Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JustName
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1420705 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello DJI-Team,

is there any chance to make the new DJI Mic 2 (from Osmo Pocket 3) usable with the Action 4?

2023-11-5
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

they could they won't they want you to spend the funds to have  additional products
2023-11-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mic 2 is only compatible with the DJI Pocket 3 at the moment. We will gather this feedback of yours and note it as a suggestion for future consideration. We appreciate your understanding and support.
2023-11-5
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
China

Hi JustName

action4  lastest firmware v01.03.07.10  supports direct connection to DJI mic2.
2023-12-12
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Wow! Very nice!  Just tested and works very well! Thank you very much!
2023-12-12
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

JustName Posted at 12-12 09:56
Wow! Very nice!  Just tested and works very well! Thank you very much!

Do the recording start/stop features work with the Action 4.
2023-12-12
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-ytao Posted at 12-12 07:12
Hi JustName

action4  lastest firmware v01.03.07.10  supports direct connection to DJI mic2.

Now if you can just make the Mic2 available in the store it would make a great addition to my original DJI mic set ;)
2023-12-12
Use props
JustName
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

DaveSp Posted at 12-12 11:38
Do the recording start/stop features work with the Action 4.

Yes, same like with the Pocket 3.
2023-12-12
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 11-5 15:39
they could they won't they want you to spend the funds to have  additional products

Looks like they did :-)
2023-12-12
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Anyone know how long the Mic2 can record to the camera  before it has to be recharged?
2023-12-12
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I am guessing the stand alone release of the Mic2 is going to be pretty soon now that the OA4 can support it.
If it can record for 10 hours I will buy one for sure :-)   would be the perfect addition to my Kayak Fishing setup if it can keep power long enough.
2023-12-12
Use props
Andreas Dueck
Second Officer
Switzerland

It all works exactly like the Pocket 3, but you can only connect one microphone and you can only transmit mono audio (left channel) if you have an external stereo audio source connected tt the DJI Mic 2.
However, for a dual vlog setup on the motorcycle I need stereo. @DJI is it possible to somehow record or transmit the right channel as well?
2023-12-12
Use props
Andreas Dueck
Second Officer
Switzerland

The audio quality is really good. In this video I record the image with the Osmo Action 4 and the sound with the DJI Mic 2. I got a little emotional
2023-12-12
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
China

Andreas Dueck Posted at 12-12 13:38
It all works exactly like the Pocket 3, but you can only connect one microphone and you can only transmit mono audio (left channel) if you have an external stereo audio source connected tt the DJI Mic 2.
However, for a dual vlog setup on the motorcycle I need stereo. @DJI is it possible to somehow record or transmit the right channel as well?

Hi Andreas. We considered Action4 connection to djimic2 during development.
However, Due to the wireless radio hardware capability and waterproof structure limitation, action4 wireless connection attenuates more than pocket3.
Consequently Action4 only supports one direct connection to mic2.

For stereo thing, each mic2 only transmits one channel audio data (considering wireless bandwidth and robust).So even you plug in a stereo mic in mic2 transmitter, it transmits one audio channel data.
you may use another mic2 or recording device to record internally, and do with the audio channel in post editing.
2023-12-12
Use props
Andreas Dueck
Second Officer
Switzerland

DJI-ytao Posted at 12-12 17:55
Hi Andreas. We considered Action4 connection to djimic2 during development.
However, Due to the wireless radio hardware capability and waterproof structure limitation, action4 wireless connection attenuates more than pocket3.
Consequently Action4 only supports one direct connection to mic2.

My idea would be different. The left channel is sent to the Osmo Action 4 as a dual stereo as before and the internal recording option of the DJI Mic 2 uses the right channel of the microphone port for the internal 32-bit audio file. If the right channel was connected during construction, this should theoretically be possible. The merge would then have to happen in Post but would already be synchronized. This would then make it possible to implement a dual vlog setup in a helmet that the world has never seen before. Almost no post-processing required and high quality audio. The restrictions on Bluetooth transmission would also not be a problem because the second audio track remains on the DJI Mic2.
At the moment the DJI Mic 2 only uses the left channel, both for the signal that is sent to the Osmo Action 4/Pocket 3 and for the 32 bit file that is stored on the DJI Mic 2's internal memory. The possibility of splitting it into right and left would make the difference here.

2023-12-12
Use props
Anonymous1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 602303 ft

Jamaica

I second the above.   Does anyone know the actual range between the Action4 and the Mic 2 in real-world testing?
I want to keep my Action4 mounted in an FPV drone, which the Mic2 would be kept on the ground (in a moving car).
3-1 08:25
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Bluetooth connection I tested about 200 ft. do not block the transmitter, its all LOS for distance. I wanted to put on one's dog  so you can hear it work, better yet I will place on teh RC car when I have a chance  and see what distance I can get  of 1500'
3-1 08:46
Use props
fansb0c2bcac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128865 ft
United States

Anonymous1 Posted at 3-1 08:25
I second the above.   Does anyone know the actual range between the Action4 and the Mic 2 in real-world testing?
I want to keep my Action4 mounted in an FPV drone, which the Mic2 would be kept on the ground (in a moving car).

I can't keep it working consistently with the transmitter in my pocket and the A4 on a helmet, so your idea probably won't work.
4-16 03:08
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

remote & bt mic

4-19 08:49
Use props
Anonymous1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 602303 ft

Jamaica

fansb0c2bcac Posted at 4-16 03:08
I can't keep it working consistently with the transmitter in my pocket and the A4 on a helmet, so your idea probably won't work.

If the Action 4 and Mic2 will time-sync automatically each time I start recording, then I have no problem placing them on a timeline in editing to get the same results with 32-bit float

I don't have the Mic2 in hand as yet as it takes a few weeks to get to me here in Jamaica via freight forward.
4-19 09:49
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

bt mic
camera: audio/video sync on
32bit flow on
use cheap trs mic for the tx

Put the transmitter in your shirt pocket, when you start/stop you get feedback via the transmitter buzzer. I would set a pre-record of 30 seconds and use the remote control to start.

I still have to test how far the Bluetooth connection audio signal camera reaches. Bicycle helmet is OK
4-19 20:28
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

audio to vid synch is hte  buzzers trigger DJI told us  no other way.
4-20 02:40
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

Fishycomics Posted at 4-20 02:40
audio to vid synch is hte  buzzers trigger DJI told us  no other way.
you can use the remote (15-20m)
4-20 03:52
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

lutzmix Posted at 4-20 03:52
you can use the remote (15-20m)

yes optional remote agree
4-20 04:05
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

bt microphone also works when the mimo app is on (smartphone as control monitor)
4-22 10:21
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

4-25 09:24
Use props
Titanium80
lvl.1

Sweden

Hello!

Great video Iancraig10!

Recently bought an Action 4 and thinking about buying the Mic 2 for it and only the transmitter because its seems that the reciever is not needed. The only problem is that it doesn't seem like it's possible to mute the sound on the transmitter if you don't have the receiver and then you lose a bit of the ability to keep the camera waterproof and cable free since the receiver has to be connected to the camera via USB-C? Searched everywhere, but can't find anything that says otherwise. I have tested a RØDE and it can mute with a button click, but you unfortunately need it connected via cable.

As I understand it, muting the old Mic 1 by pressing a button on the transmitter worked?

Is there a fix I missed or could this be something that will hopefully come in a later update? Can't find another post on this question, so am I the only one who has this thoughts? It would be convenient if it was either possible to mute on the transmitter itself, or choose to mute it in some menu on the A4. I cant understand the reason why you cant mute either the A4 itself or the mic if you want to. Especielly when live streaming and need to go private for som reasons.
4-25 10:56
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Titanium80 Posted at 4-25 10:56
Hello!

Great video Iancraig10!

Hi Titanium. (Great name)

You can mute the mic.

There are two mic menus on the Action. I only showed the mic setup settings on my video, but on the camera, if you swipe from the left in ‘pro’ mode, you get a tab for video settings and another tab for audio.

Tap the audio settings and ‘mute mic’ can be found there.
If you have an Action 4, the wireless mic 2 transmitter only is a really good buy. The audio is really robust in comparison to going via USB C and actually for the money, the lavalier from DJI is also very good. It seems that they are all really well matched. (At least to my ears)

I also have the original DJI and this is way more convenient. The camera becomes waterproofed again and you can use a gimbal. I used a gimbal for my video so I was able to slow the shutter speed right down for a smoother video.

Because of the DJI Wireless Mic 2, I'm much more inclined to use the Action 4 now in preference to the Ace Pro, which I also like a lot, but no gimbal or wireless mic for it....
4-25 11:04
Use props
Titanium80
lvl.1

Sweden

Thanks for the quick reply lancraig!

As I am new here it seems I have to wait 1 hour to reply again.

Aha! On all the videos on youtube I have seen no one has showed that option you are referring to. Very interesting and if thats so its a deal breaker. I have seen this menu when using the RØDE, but where only able to change tha Gain for it and no mute. I wonder if it works when live streaming? Are you able to test if it works that way? Would be super!
4-25 11:56
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Titanium80 Posted at 4-25 11:56
Thanks for the quick reply lancraig!

As I am new here it seems I have to wait 1 hour to reply again.

I don’t have the facility to live stream. I did a few but straight from an iPad! Found it too stressful.

I can’t see why it wouldn’t work because the option to mute is in the camera menu.

If not, it would be on the computer streaming software…. On the gain. Set it to zero?

I might do another video showing the two menus available.
4-25 12:32
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

been deleted
4-25 14:17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Thi is OBS in the center you have  the     controls to mute the desktop or the  device used

this is Prism I rarely use it but the am  goes there

Thank you in advance for the thumbs DOwn
4-25 14:41
Use props
Titanium80
lvl.1

Sweden

Iancraig10 Posted at 4-25 12:32
I don’t have the facility to live stream. I did a few but straight from an iPad! Found it too stressful.

I can’t see why it wouldn’t work because the option to mute is in the camera menu.

OK, I understand. I use the live stream to youtube in private mode just to test if I want to come back to "public" streaming using this setup and want to see if needed functions are there.

Yes, the option should be there also. Just want to confirm it before buying the Mic 2.

I'm looking for the smoothest way to do this on without using any computer streaming software or other setups for now as I do IRL. The built-in function to live stream on the A4 is enough for me as a good start.

About the gain. I tested to set it down to -20 on the A4 (the lowest) when using the RØDE and it still captures sound so no real complete mute alternative.
4-25 16:47
Use props
Titanium80
lvl.1

Sweden

I investigated some more and I found a video that shows exactly the options I was looking for. Somehow I missed this one of all the ones that I have seen. Hopefully it will work in live streaming too but i think it will.

https://youtu.be/GCbCeHWeyUs?t=108

Thanks again for the help!
4-26 06:39
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does anyone know what the recent mic 2 update does? The previous one got it to work with the Action 4 but there’s a newer one now. Just bug fixes?
4-30 03:36
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Iancraig10 Posted at 4-30 03:36
Does anyone know what the recent mic 2 update does? The previous one got it to work with the Action 4 but there’s a newer one now. Just bug fixes?

as I read, and noted. not sure. what they mean by the pop up 3  second I now an not updating till DJI can show what its about, as well what is to come on the Pocket 3 in May
Sony adapter was added . was also  why

4-30 04:12
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oh, the ‘pop up’ must be the amount of time that the notification stays on screen when the mic connects. Thanks Fish. So it looks like just minor things.
4-30 06:07
Use props
Natural Sounds and Sights
lvl.3

Spain

Iancraig10 Posted at 4-30 06:07
Oh, the ‘pop up’ must be the amount of time that the notification stays on screen when the mic connects. Thanks Fish. So it looks like just minor things.

It certainly does that, but hard to say what else behind the scenes. Updated ours and no issues, stayed paired, and working well. A shame they do not detail what 'minor' fixes actually involve. Might be 'minor' to some but rather more to others! LOL.
4-30 07:24
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Natural Sounds and Sights Posted at 4-30 07:24
It certainly does that, but hard to say what else behind the scenes. Updated ours and no issues, stayed paired, and working well. A shame they do not detail what 'minor' fixes actually involve. Might be 'minor' to some but rather more to others! LOL.

Exactly. Some might then even choose NOT to update because you can’t revert back! I don't know whether 'staying paired' was actually an issue, but mine wouldn't connect today on switch on so I did have to repair. Then I updated and I wondered if the update was a fix ........
4-30 07:46
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

for the mic side is the firmware, correct. I am  holding off to the update   reasons like said, something we did not ask for
4-30 09:06
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules