Mavic Air Solid Red Error light, can't update firmware
424 3 2023-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bsenright
lvl.1

United States

It seems my sons Mavic Air may be dead but grasping for help.  It did have water damage months ago and he let it sit.  When I tried to power it up, just got the solid red status light and a fast running fan.  Could not connect from the remote.  Could not do anything using DJI Assistant 2 as it would not recognize the Mavic Air.   I then nowtook it apart and did a thorough cleaning of all components.  Reassembled carefully.  I did not unsolder any solders.  Now when I fire it up, I get the same exact solid red light and fast running fan, can't connect the remote, but now the DJI assistant at least recognizes the Mavic Air.  I click through and I was able to reset to factory settings.  But then when i try to do anything else like update firmware, i just get an error.  I can not do anything else inside the Assistant 2.  

Any ideas here or do i need professional service?  
2023-11-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Sorry about what happened to your son's drone. May I know what error are you getting? It is recommended to send the drone for repair. You can submit a repair request using this link: https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index. The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the assessment including the warranty period of your unit. We appreciate your patience.
2023-11-7
Use props
bsenright
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 11-7 00:35
Hi there. Sorry about what happened to your son's drone. May I know what error are you getting? It is recommended to send the drone for repair. You can submit a repair request using this link: https://repair.dji.com/us/repair/index. The warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the assessment including the warranty period of your unit. We appreciate your patience.

The error i get when trying to update the firmware is "Update failed". and asks if i want to upload the error log, which I accept.   It is likely out of warranty.  what is the cost of me sending it in and having it evaluated?  
2023-11-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

bsenright Posted at 11-7 14:59
The error i get when trying to update the firmware is "Update failed". and asks if i want to upload the error log, which I accept.   It is likely out of warranty.  what is the cost of me sending it in and having it evaluated?

Hi, bsenright. It depends on the damage assessment. Once the facility receives your drone, you will receive a quotation showing the cost. You can still request to ship back the drone if you do not want to proceed. The shipping is free if you're in the US. Have a nice day.
2023-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules