Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Firework Night 2023

Guy Fawkes night fireworks captured with the Mini 3 Pro.

Taken with Mini 3 Pro.

[See My Other Content...]

2023-11-8
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A spectacular display. Nice move to pan away from the smoke. The lower-altitude aspect reduced the distraction from the street lights too.  Interesting to catch glimpses of other displays in the far distance too.
2023-11-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 11-8 23:50
A spectacular display. Nice move to pan away from the smoke. The lower-altitude aspect reduced the distraction from the street lights too.  Interesting to catch glimpses of other displays in the far distance too.

Cheers Mr B,  I thought the panning added a little more interest than just being stationary.   There were a lot of displays that night. we were surrounded by them,  will definitely go back to that location again weather permitting for fireworks but we'll go earlier to catch the BYOF event.
2023-11-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-9 00:58
Cheers Mr B,  I thought the panning added a little more interest than just being stationary.   There were a lot of displays that night. we were surrounded by them,  will definitely go back to that location again weather permitting for fireworks but we'll go earlier to catch the BYOF event.

If by that you mean "Bring your own"  I think it's time that was discouraged. The sale of fireworks to the general public should be abolished in my view. Far to many accidents and anti-social behaviour surrounding the practice.
2023-11-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 11-9 01:03
If by that you mean "Bring your own"  I think it's time that was discouraged. The sale of fireworks to the general public should be abolished in my view. Far to many accidents and anti-social behaviour surrounding the practice.

The yacht club does a thing where each person take a firework and then they have some professional that puts together a display from it all.

Is there still a lot of anti social behaviour with fireworks,  Im a bit out of touch with that,   as a kid I know there was a lot.
2023-11-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-9 01:08
The yacht club does a thing where each person take a firework and then they have some professional that puts together a display from it all.

Is there still a lot of anti social behaviour with fireworks,  Im a bit out of touch with that,   as a kid I know there was a lot.

We haven't seen much around here. But the hospital emergency rooms are generally on high alert around bonfire night for maimings and even fatalities.
2023-11-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 11-9 01:13
We haven't seen much around here. But the hospital emergency rooms are generally on high alert around bonfire night for maimings and even fatalities.

Now you mention it we didnt hear any sirens on Nov 4 when we were out like we normally do.    Im now wondering if theres some sort of published statistic.
2023-11-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Extraordinary fireworks show!     Seems lots of other smaller fireworks were going off a bit farther away.  Excellent job of filming and editing this event DA.  
2023-11-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-9 04:02
Extraordinary fireworks show!     Seems lots of other smaller fireworks were going off a bit farther away.  Excellent job of filming and editing this event DA.

Thanks DT.  We were also surprised how many other little displays happened and quite a few behind the drone too.
2023-11-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-9 04:06
Thanks DT.  We were also surprised how many other little displays happened and quite a few behind the drone too.

You're most welcome DA.  Big parade schedule for here tomorrow in honor of Veteran's Day.  No fireworks this year due to budget cuts.  
2023-11-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-9 09:53
You're most welcome DA.  Big parade schedule for here tomorrow in honor of Veteran's Day.  No fireworks this year due to budget cuts.

Might be a good one to deploy the pocket 3 for then.
2023-11-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-10 03:48
Might be a good one to deploy the pocket 3 for then.

Parade is set for 9:00 AM but right now it is pouring down rain and we are hearing and seeing lightening strikes nearby.  If this keeps up they will undoubtedly cancel the parade.  I'm still going to head that way and maybe it will just be delayed.
2023-11-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-10 04:40
Parade is set for 9:00 AM but right now it is pouring down rain and we are hearing and seeing lightening strikes nearby.  If this keeps up they will undoubtedly cancel the parade.  I'm still going to head that way and maybe it will just be delayed.

Thats what nearly happened for the Halloween parade we went to but luckily the rain held off long enough,  although half the parade we learned later only did half the advertised length.
2023-11-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-10 05:12
Thats what nearly happened for the Halloween parade we went to but luckily the rain held off long enough,  although half the parade we learned later only did half the advertised length.

At least they got the parade done.  The lightening storms were so heavy and with no end in sight they were forced to cancel the Veteran's parade.  
2023-11-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-10 11:29
At least they got the parade done.  The lightening storms were so heavy and with no end in sight they were forced to cancel the Veteran's parade.

Thats a shame,   today is out day for the various commemorations.
2023-11-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-11 01:37
Thats a shame,   today is out day for the various commemorations.

It sure was.  Hope yours turns out great.  
2023-11-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-11 09:02
It sure was.  Hope yours turns out great.

We didnt see any,  although I did see in London there was a lot of protests.   Sadly.  
2023-11-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-12 00:17
We didnt see any,  although I did see in London there was a lot of protests.   Sadly.

Seems like somebody is always out protesting something.  I can tell you that after visiting 65 different countries during my Naval career there are goods and bads about every country.  However, in many of the countries people didn't have the right to protest and would never think to do so.  I get tired of hearing that we can be here and protest because we have the freedom of speech.  Yet very few have probably ever served or fought for their country to retain those rights.  

Sorry, I was getting on my soapbos.  Rant over.
2023-11-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-12 08:48
Seems like somebody is always out protesting something.  I can tell you that after visiting 65 different countries during my Naval career there are goods and bads about every country.  However, in many of the countries people didn't have the right to protest and would never think to do so.  I get tired of hearing that we can be here and protest because we have the freedom of speech.  Yet very few have probably ever served or fought for their country to retain those rights.  

Sorry, I was getting on my soapbos.  Rant over.

Always seems to be that the understanding of free speech is mis understood.  And the protestors take things too far.  
2023-11-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-13 05:54
Always seems to be that the understanding of free speech is mis understood.  And the protestors take things too far.

Exactly what is happening throughout the US at this time.  What is most discouraging is that many cities are either defunding or talking about defunding the police departments.  I have no idea who they think will take over law enforcement duties.  On a recent massive poll, 27 things were listed as wrong in today's society.  

People are obsessed with physical appearance.
    There is an overwhelming pressure to succeed.
    People are obsessed with being successful, and they believe success is the only thing that can make them happy.
    Relationships are falling apart faster than they did in ancient societies.
    People are less concerned with spirituality.
    People compete with their neighbors, friends, and sometimes family.
    We believe wealth and high social status are the only things we need to be happy.
    We don’t respect and value the natural environment.
    We seldom pursue wisdom.
    Love is highly conditional.
    We are not interested in our history.
    One third of our lives is spent at work.
    We are led by people who don’t care about us.
    We value the future more than the present.
    We have lost our connection with nature.
    We can be killed for exposing the Truth.
    We lost our natural connection to intuition.
    We are concerned with things beyond our circle of influence.
    We want instant results.
    We have a limited understanding of The Creator/Our Infinite Power.
    We desire fame, success, and wealth, but we don’t want to work for them.
    We believe in the existence of a perfect life.
    Women want to be men.
    We lost our connection with spiritual beings.
    We prioritize urbanization even when it destroys the environment.
    Our education system is useless.
    The justice system favors the rich.
2023-11-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-13 09:05
Exactly what is happening throughout the US at this time.  What is most discouraging is that many cities are either defunding or talking about defunding the police departments.  I have no idea who they think will take over law enforcement duties.  On a recent massive poll, 27 things were listed as wrong in today's society.  

People are obsessed with physical appearance.

Some of those things are true here but I think in general we must be more tolerant.
2023-11-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-14 00:23
Some of those things are true here but I think in general we must be more tolerant.

I wish that was the case here.  
2023-11-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nicely captured!
2023-12-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cheers my friend.  
2023-12-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

My pleasure!
2023-12-24
Use props
Tanon1
lvl.1

United States

Hi , Great video , Where did you get the firework sound ?
1-11 11:00
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tanon1 Posted at 1-11 11:00
Hi , Great video , Where did you get the firework sound ?

thanks.  Some was recorded and some of the bigger effects came from www.101soundboards.com
1-11 23:23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules