Phantom 4 Pro<Black13
583 6 2023-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansaa93e2f1
lvl.1
United States

So I fully understand that i should not expect much sympathy on this subject at this moment in time, however, after spending roughly $1600 on a P4P a few years back and less 25 total flights,  life’s curveballs began. Nothing we all don’t go through (and not all bad) just normally not one after the other, and another. Anyhow, the P4P took a backseat.  Living life in its case..  The 2 times it was  transported, from sold home to newly built home, always in the case.  I removed it a couple of times to update firmware as well.  Well today, having never forgotten that $1600 marvel….I finally get to a place where everything else can wait or go away. L.ol. “I am putting this bird back in the air.”    WRONG.   Battery bricked,  controller stuck on 2 blinking  dots.  And , as ALL of you were already aware, as soon as I type DJI Phant…..s.o.b.!!!
Support Ended.  Literally devastated. And absolutely disgusted.  Yes I have now gone through and made note of all the various fixes for the battery and the controller, And I realize if I could get those going, I could still use the drone, Assuming I’m willing to fork out another $200 or so for a damn remote ID whatever box.   And also yes, I totally understand that this was 5 or 6+ years ago.  But for about three months and $1600 I literally had the best consumer drone  that money could buy on the planet earth.  Today I literally have nothing.  Like plastic in a Styrofoam box Is what I have.  And then the icing on the cake, Ironically, the one thing I wasn’t shocked by, to place myself back up at that level of drone ownership today on the DJI store, Would require a $2200-$3000 slap of the ol plastic on the counter.  And trust me here guys, As someone who owns literally One or more of every single product category Apple produces  (nix the VR thing. LoL) in either is current iteration, or the one previous…. with many previous generation devices in the original boxes in a closet …as well as .TV from simple 1080p LCDs to  4K LEDs to 4K QLEDs, I completely understand the Concept of the electronics cycle…..HOWEVER,   each and every one of those devices I just named, Without exception, Still operate today in some capacity,  And over 3/4 of them cost nowhere near $1600.   
I apologize for the rant, As I said, in the beginning, I realize this is not new, and I am probably not alone.
But I am simply disgusted.  I gave away my DJI Osmo Mobile about 20 minutes ago,….without any hesitation or regret. By far One of the coolest products I’ve ever owned, unfortunately, made by a company I simply am afraid I no longer wish to be associated with.  Thanks for the platform to say as much.   
2023-11-15
Use props
fansaa93e2f1
lvl.1
United States

Should’ve also noted: last used with zero issues a
couple times just over a year or so ago.
2023-11-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. As electronic products are affected by technological developments and changes in usage requirements, each generation of products has a fixed life cycle. In order to continuously provide you with premium product and service experiences, DJI regularly optimizes resource allocations to promote the development and application of new products and technologies. Therefore, we have decided to stop providing support services for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian (black) and its accessories starting on July 1, 2023. We're sorry that the services for this product have been suspended currently and relevant technical support and after-sales repair services cannot be provided. We appreciate your understanding.

2023-11-15
Use props
fansaa93e2f1
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-15 21:01
Hi there. As electronic products are affected by technological developments and changes in usage requirements, each generation of products has a fixed life cycle. In order to continuously provide you with premium product and service experiences, DJI regularly optimizes resource allocations to promote the development and application of new products and technologies. Therefore, we have decided to stop providing support services for the DJI Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian (black) and its accessories starting on July 1, 2023. We're sorry that the services for this product have been suspended currently and relevant technical support and after-sales repair services cannot be provided. We appreciate your understanding.
i fully understand the logic, 40+ years aware of technological advancement and how quickly it can sometimes move. Talking to a guy that personally played Atari and ColecoVision to PS5. Saw CDs turn to MP3s, iPods with iTunes turn to Music, car phones turn to cell phones turn to iPhones and vHS turn to DVD turn to streams. Technological cycles are PART of me. LoL. However I can’t remember a single one of the products I named, aside from a VHS in a hot car, having been properly cared for and stored safely and correctly, malfunction to mechanical failure all on its own, unpowered.  As for the missed usage or enjoyment of my  P4P, I fully acknowledge is on me. But let’s be honest,  as much a lifetime 5 years is in tech, it ain’t that long in DJI tech. That thing was YEARS ahead of its time. Hell, in fact I don’t know that we’ll ever regularly witness a piece of electronic equipment that can be stored, unpowered and literally DIE perfectly on schedule in line with corp product phasing. Smh
2023-11-16
Use props
fansaa93e2f1
lvl.1
United States

It’s all good tho. As soon as I have enough cash saved to buy a used Honda Accord , I’ll spend it on  a Mavic 3 Pro fly more combo.
LoL.
2023-11-16
Use props
wa.jesse07
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4686545 ft
United States

Did you charge the batteries recently as they they if their voltages get too low.
2023-11-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fansaa93e2f1 Posted at 11-16 00:40
i fully understand the logic, 40+ years aware of technological advancement and how quickly it can sometimes move. Talking to a guy that personally played Atari and ColecoVision to PS5. Saw CDs turn to MP3s, iPods with iTunes turn to Music, car phones turn to cell phones turn to iPhones and vHS turn to DVD turn to streams. Technological cycles are PART of me. LoL. However I can’t remember a single one of the products I named, aside from a VHS in a hot car, having been properly cared for and stored safely and correctly, malfunction to mechanical failure all on its own, unpowered.  As for the missed usage or enjoyment of my  P4P, I fully acknowledge is on me. But let’s be honest,  as much a lifetime 5 years is in tech, it ain’t that long in DJI tech. That thing was YEARS ahead of its time. Hell, in fact I don’t know that we’ll ever regularly witness a piece of electronic equipment that can be stored, unpowered and literally DIE perfectly on schedule in line with corp product phasing. Smh

We appreciate your feedback. We're sorry that we do not have better solutions at the moment. We recommend using Mini 4 Pro which enables more features, better experience, and significant performance improvement. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules