Osmo Pocket 3 internal mic (and mic 2) crackles during livestream...
1552 20 2023-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Johnathan Hicks
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

There's another post about this problem but this is very widespread and seems to happen to every single DJI Osmo Pocket 3.

When livestreaming over RTMP or to Youtube... when using either the built-in mic or the DJI Mic2 the audio crackles and is unusable.
When plugging in a 3rd party mic (DJI Mic 1, Rode Wireless GO etc) there is no crackle.

It doesn't matter what network is used for wifi/hotspot... this problem persists. It happens on both of my Pocket 3's, it happeend on a friend's device and several youtubers have videos showing this problem.

Will DJI address this? It's ridiculous I have to plug a DJI Mic 1 into this and bring seperate gear with me just because I want to livestream and DJI won't acknolwedge there's a problem and just asks for riduclous troubleshooting like to send logs from my camera when contacted.

You know it's broken, just admit it and say you're working on a fix. It's very easy to replicate yourself and it's amazing this problem even made it through their QC and into the production units without being picked up.

2023-11-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Really should give us the option to mute the internal mic.
2023-11-17
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Do you also get the crackle issue when recording videos? If this only shows on Livestream, can you please record the live stream and show us the original video, the photo of the firmware version, and the Pocket 3 export logs? To export the logs: Swipe down from the top of the screen, select "Settings," then choose "Device Info," and finally tap on "Export Log". When the device is connected to a computer, open "My Computer" and access the microSD card drive (with the corresponding drive letter). From there, navigate to the "logs" folder to locate the log files. You can upload it to Google Drive and send us the link. I will get this issue escalated to the related team for inspection. Thank you for your patience.
2023-11-19
Use props
Mike K N
lvl.2
Germany

There is a pofessional YouTuber in Canada, it crackled during a live stream. A few thousand viewers heard it. Then there is a guy, live streaming in Australia, it crackles. I am in Germany, latest firmware, you guessed it, crackles.  Then the guy who made up this post, 2 cameras, and yes, both crackle. Seems to be a global issue. I am sure the  engineers at DJI can create their own log files and photos and whatever, if they want to.  Thanks for helping.
2023-11-20
Use props
px2011
lvl.1
Poland

Any changes after last update?
2023-12-7
Use props
Drift.dk
lvl.3
  • >>>
South Korea

The strap's plastic makes a crackling sound when it's hit.
2023-12-7
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
China

Mike K N Posted at 11-20 05:23
There is a pofessional YouTuber in Canada, it crackled during a live stream. A few thousand viewers heard it. Then there is a guy, live streaming in Australia, it crackles. I am in Germany, latest firmware, you guessed it, crackles.  Then the guy who made up this post, 2 cameras, and yes, both crackle. Seems to be a global issue. I am sure the  engineers at DJI can create their own log files and photos and whatever, if they want to.  Thanks for helping.

Hi Mike
We notice this issue and are fixing this.
2023-12-7
Use props
Mike K N
lvl.2
Germany

Hi DJI-ytao, that would be great! Thanks a lot!
2023-12-8
Use props
JKJenn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42280 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did a livestream with the OP3 and did not have crackling. I used the Transmitter 2.
2023-12-11
Use props
Mike K N
lvl.2
Germany

May I ask on which platform?
2023-12-12
Use props
LaS_
New

United States

I bought the Pocket 3 Creator Combo and literally having the exact same issues here with its crackling and only does this when the DJI Mic2 is turned on. I updated it like it was told with dropping it into the storage of the microphone and unplugging it for it to update. dji_wirelessmic2_tx_v04.02.01.13.bin <-

But this does nothing Im currently flying out to Dreamhack to Live stream to Youtube and its causing the issues. Im prettying upset that i only got 2 days and this is a issue that I had no idea about and now gotta deal with figuring how i can give my viewers best sound quality and let it run off the entire camera alone where it will pick up everything around me. Please fix this issue or somehow benefit those who are having this problem with the Mic1 so we can have something compensated.
I notice when just self recording it does not do it only when Live streaming to youtube and restream
2023-12-12
Use props
Johnathan Hicks
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

LaS_ Posted at 12-12 20:57
I bought the Pocket 3 Creator Combo and literally having the exact same issues here with its crackling and only does this when the DJI Mic2 is turned on. I updated it like it was told with dropping it into the storage of the microphone and unplugging it for it to update. dji_wirelessmic2_tx_v04.02.01.13.bin

Yeah, sadly the updates don't do anything to address this. Need to plug in an external mic (including the DJI Mic 1) for it to work properly when livestreaming.

2023-12-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

LaS_ Posted at 12-12 20:57
I bought the Pocket 3 Creator Combo and literally having the exact same issues here with its crackling and only does this when the DJI Mic2 is turned on. I updated it like it was told with dropping it into the storage of the microphone and unplugging it for it to update. dji_wirelessmic2_tx_v04.02.01.13.bin

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. I'll forward your feedback to the related team for awareness. We appreciate your patience.
2023-12-13
Use props
LaS_
New

United States

Johnathan Hicks Posted at 12-12 21:12
Yeah, sadly the updates don't do anything to address this. Need to plug in an external mic (including the DJI Mic 1) for it to work properly when livestreaming.

I dont have a DJI Mic1, this is my first ever purchase of DJI unit, So kinda upset on my first buy and this is a issue I have to deal with on a very bad timing. No way I can order another at this moment or even pick one up locally and then even be compensated for this problem
2023-12-13
Use props
LaS_
New

United States

here is a video who someone else has it and is also doing the exactly same thing while live streaming. Its crazy to me that everyone is having the same issue with pocket 3 live streaming mic2 and even when the MIC is turned off there is still a very minor crackling without any mic and only the unit itself picking up sound as he demonstrated. It seems to me its the unit itself is causing a issue and thats what needs fixing or update. I would jsut like to get a portion refund or compensated Mic1 with transmitter to resolve this issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6hH8N-AM8I&ab_channel=SmartDepotTech
2023-12-13
Use props
hokoonho
lvl.1
  • >>>
Hong Kong

LaS_ Posted at 2023-12-13 09:59
here is a video who someone else has it and is also doing the exactly same thing while live streaming. Its crazy to me that everyone is having the same issue with pocket 3 live streaming mic2 and even when the MIC is turned off there is still a very minor crackling without any mic and only the unit itself picking up sound as he demonstrated. It seems to me its the unit itself is causing a issue and thats what needs fixing or update. I would jsut like to get a portion refund or compensated Mic1 with transmitter to resolve this issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6hH8N-AM8I&ab_channel=SmartDepotTech

I report the issues to DJI in China, after 6-7 emails and send them the log, they figured out the problem and got a fix. They push an software update to me, and it works. and they said the fix will be push to other users on/before January
I also do a live stream with the latest software, it works
https://www.youtube.com/live/FlckZCynq7s?si=Wb45Hhn9elPCblKP
1-6 22:16
Use props
basvanbodegrave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 249072 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

hokoonho Posted at 1-6 22:16
I report the issues to DJI in China, after 6-7 emails and send them the log, they figured out the problem and got a fix. They push an software update to me, and it works. and they said the fix will be push to other users on/before January
I also do a live stream with the latest software, it works
https://www.youtube.com/live/FlckZCynq7s?si=Wb45Hhn9elPCblKP

Thank you so much for sharing this, I still have the same problem. Do you know more now about the update everybody should have? I still haven’t seen an update .
With kind regards Bas
1-17 10:03
Use props
Posmo
lvl.1
Thailand

Same issue here. Looking forward to the update.
1-18 01:48
Use props
Superior Videos
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-12-13 00:10
Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. I'll forward your feedback to the related team for awareness. We appreciate your patience.

It's interesting that I am currently in contact with dji support an all indications so far in the multiple emails is they have not heard of the issue.
I have sent sample test stream and all the camera logs
It seems you have to contact dji in the right country to get answers.
I want to buy the 2nd mic 2 but no use if I can't use them when streaming.
1-20 17:26
Use props
Posmo
lvl.1
Thailand

I wasn‘t able to test it yet but this new firmware update sounds promising. Any tests yet?
EDIT: Just tested it and both the internal and the Mic 2 sound is perfect. FINALLY!
IMG_3158.jpeg
2-1 08:13
Use props
Markus Kaeppeli
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52313 ft
United States

I just got this issue, but not in live stream... in regular recording sound via the Mic 2 onto the Pocket 3... It started to happen, AFTER the latest firmware update!
So sad...
4-9 16:17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules