Motor protected
541 3 2023-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dgerety
New

United States

After a minute of recording on an iPhone 13 with Osmo Mobile 3, the upper section of the gimbel quits, the phone droops forward and I get a message that the motor is protected and I need to press the trigger twice to resume. Needless to say, this isn't a good thing to happen during a recording.
I've had the gimbel for quite a while but have hardly used it, so I may be doing something wrong. Any advice is most welcome.

2023-11-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please try the following and check if the issue persists:

1. Place the mobile device on the phone holder and make sure that it is well-balanced. You may check the proper mobile device balancing using this link:

2. Rotate the three axes of the gimbal (tilt, pan and roll axes) while it is powered off. Check whether the gimbal is obviously obstructed or cannot rotate smoothly (different from the other two axes, the roll axis shows relatively larger rotation damping in the process of manually rotating the motor).

3. Please try to perform the gimbal calibration and check whether the issue persists.
2023-11-16
Use props
fans5c439b0a
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-16 20:28
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Please try the following and check if the issue persists:

1. Place the mobile device on the phone holder and make sure that it is well-balanced. You may check the proper mobile device balancing using this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LbDu6mdYG0&t=11s

Thank you, Paladin. An obvious solution. It was the motor part that threw me.
2023-11-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans5c439b0a Posted at 11-17 08:49
Thank you, Paladin. An obvious solution. It was the motor part that threw me.

You are most welcome. We're glad that you managed to isolate the issue. Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules