How can I lock video in landscape mode when the camera is rotated?
725 5 2023-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Simes4
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi

I want to use my Action 2 with battery module as a helmet camera. If mounted verticall on my helmet then it is very vunerable to knocks and the weight is very noticeable on a cycle helmet. I want to use the camera and battery module in a Smallrig or Tilta cage mounted horizontally on my helmet to keep it low profile. How can I lock the video in landscape mode when the camera is rotated 90 deg without having to access the menus each time I record? I just want to press the button like any other action camera used as a safety camera.

Any help would be appreciated.

2023-11-20
Use props
Simes4
lvl.1
United Kingdom

And the only way seems to be with screen lock and Horizon Steady on. The later is overkill as I don't need any image stabilization and it uses more power and memory.
2023-11-20
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

camera modul
1080/30 fps 20 min loop
ad a charger adapter and powerbank
IMG_20231120_215445.jpg
2023-11-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We're glad that you managed to figure out this concern of yours. Yes, you may disable the Orientation lock (screen lock) to let the camera view consistently adapt the view upright when the camera is placed upright/upside down/laterally (portrait mode), and the icon will automatically change along with the orientation (some icons may not change). Enable it and the camera will maintain the orientation at the time of locking. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day ahead.
2023-11-20
Use props
Simes4
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-20 22:04
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We're glad that you managed to figure out this concern of yours. Yes, you may disable the Orientation lock (screen lock) to let the camera view consistently adapt the view upright when the camera is placed upright/upside down/laterally (portrait mode), and the icon will automatically change along with the orientation (some icons may not change). Enable it and the camera will maintain the orientation at the time of locking. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day ahead.

Sorry, I might not have been clear: I want to record landscape video with the camera rotated 90 deg. Ideally I want to fix this so that when rotated 90 deg it records in landscape and when upright it records portrait. This is the opposite of the default. I do not want to have to use 'Horizon Steady' with 'Orientation lock' on as this uses more power and memory so is not ideal for a looping safety camera and having the camera in a cage on my helmet means that I do not need image stabilization. Another way of putting it is that I want to set portrait as default so that it is landscape when the camera is on its side. How do I do this?
2023-11-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Simes4 Posted at 11-21 03:46
Sorry, I might not have been clear: I want to record landscape video with the camera rotated 90 deg. Ideally I want to fix this so that when rotated 90 deg it records in landscape and when upright it records portrait. This is the opposite of the default. I do not want to have to use 'Horizon Steady' with 'Orientation lock' on as this uses more power and memory so is not ideal for a looping safety camera and having the camera in a cage on my helmet means that I do not need image stabilization. Another way of putting it is that I want to set portrait as default so that it is landscape when the camera is on its side. How do I do this?

Thank you for your response. We will coordinate this with the relevant team for clarification. Thank you for your patience.
2023-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules