DJI Sound Cutting Off, Shock Buzz, Double Gain, Bad USB Connection
487 2 2023-11-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ratspeed
New

United States

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh-siJq-sX4

I put this video together to describe the problem in full, but to help search contexts, I'm getting a bad shocking buzzing sound when I use my DJI ASR-01 Microphone Transmitter/Receiver (TX2 + RX1) and I'm trying to troubleshoot the problem. It doesn't help that the DJI reps don't quite understand about the type of buzzing I'm talking about. Most complain about bad TRS (phone/audio connector) problems which is caused by voltage problems (mistaken for "feedback").

This is a completely different type of problem. The audio cuts out completely, and is followed by a loud, long BUZZZ that sounds like someone's getting electrocuted, then the sound cuts off again, followed by good sound, or more buzzing. This will repeat infinitely, and the only visual indication something is going wrong is that the mic icon on your Osmo Action 3 camera will appear completely red for a period of time. I did not realize this meant there was a horrible problem, nor would I have been able to do anything about it at the time, considering I was in the middle of an action-type situation—a bike ride with about 100 others down a bike path. It's just not the type of situation where one can stop and start adjusting their camera, playing withi the connection, the settings, or stop at all, really.

The USB type C connector is wobbly, and it comes out with just a slight amount of force applied to it by something like a headphone cable. It's just not a good situation at all, and I'm very unhappy with my $329 purchase.

2023-11-20
Use props
lutzmix
Second Officer
Germany

use the cold shoe mount
Ulanzi OA19

camera usbc port defect?

IMG_20230927_121003.jpg
2023-11-21
Use props
lutzmix