548 14 2023-11-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5166270 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am using my Air 2S and smartcontroller to do roof inspections. On the last three occasions I do an orbit of the rooftop using POI and take about 200 snapshots and different altitudes around the rooftop. After about 150 pictures I lose screen display. It says the drone lost connection, but I can still control it. Just not seeing it on the screen. Can someone tell me what causes this or how to avoid it? I recently did a factory reset but still getting issue.

2023-11-27
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Which controller?
2023-11-27
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Smart Controller the later one
2023-11-27
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

The RC Pro. Check the warning closely. Don't forget, there are two types of connection - video feed and control feed. Video is easier to disrupt than control, that is probably what is happening. When it happens, check your distance readout, that should be still changing, indicating control link is active even if video is not.
2023-11-27
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-27 07:57
The RC Pro. Check the warning closely. Don't forget, there are two types of connection - video feed and control feed. Video is easier to disrupt than control, that is probably what is happening. When it happens, check your distance readout, that should be still changing, indicating control link is active even if video is not.

The control link works. I was able to land but no screen.
2023-11-27
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 11-27 08:20
The control link works. I was able to land but no screen.

Can you try another drone? Or try a factory reset of the RC Pro.
2023-11-27
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-27 08:47
Can you try another drone? Or try a factory reset of the RC Pro.

I don't have the RC Pro. Just the smart controller. My phone fine if I have to. The other drone Iuse is a mavic 2 pro but it doesn't allow for manual POI
2023-11-27
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 11-27 08:50
I don't have the RC Pro. Just the smart controller. My phone fine if I have to. The other drone Iuse is a mavic 2 pro but it doesn't allow for manual POI

OK, that is your problem The RC is a TOY!! Terribly underpowered with cheap hardware. Get a RC Pro, yes it is expensive, but you won't be disappointed.
Check reply #18
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... d=290404#pid3044458
2023-11-27
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 11-27 09:55
OK, that is your problem The RC is a TOY!! Terribly underpowered with cheap hardware. Get a RC Pro, yes it is expensive, but you won't be disappointed.
Check reply #18
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=290404#pid3044458

Understood. Waiting for the budget.
2023-11-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Please confirm if the issue only occurs in POI mode or it randomly occurs in every shooting mode. If the issue only occurs in POI mode and no issue in normal photo/video mode, please provide us the screen recording showing the issue so we can forward it to our engineers for clarification. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-11-28
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-28 19:11
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Please confirm if the issue only occurs in POI mode or it randomly occurs in every shooting mode. If the issue only occurs in POI mode and no issue in normal photo/video mode, please provide us the screen recording showing the issue so we can forward it to our engineers for clarification. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

On the last roof inspection I cut the number of pictures in half,  landed turned off and turned on the controller and shot the second half and got no issues. Happy to get through the flight without being cut off. I will duplicate the longer flights in a safe area. and record. But it has happened three times in poi after taking more than 100 pictures.
2023-11-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

BetterBizTech Posted at 11-28 19:21
On the last roof inspection I cut the number of pictures in half,  landed turned off and turned on the controller and shot the second half and got no issues. Happy to get through the flight without being cut off. I will duplicate the longer flights in a safe area. and record. But it has happened three times in poi after taking more than 100 pictures.

Thank you for keeping us posted, BetterBizTech. We're glad that the issue did not appear during your recent test flight. Once you perform the longer flight in a safe area, please don't forget to initiate the screen recording so we can clarify this with our engineers. Please let us know. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-11-30
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-30 01:52
Thank you for keeping us posted, BetterBizTech. We're glad that the issue did not appear during your recent test flight. Once you perform the longer flight in a safe area, please don't forget to initiate the screen recording so we can clarify this with our engineers. Please let us know. Thank you for your valued support.

Will keep you posted.
2023-11-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Thank you, BetterBizTech. Happy flying always!
2023-12-1
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-1 05:53
Thank you, BetterBizTech. Happy flying always!

and pleasant moderating for you.
2023-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules