5163 30 2023-11-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf998cd27
lvl.1
Flight distance : 387 ft
United States

Hi,
Successfully completed the most recent P4Pv2 firmware update wherein DJI states it will now broadcast remote ID info in compliance with FAA in USA.

1) Now I want to update this drone's Remote ID info as required on FAA's DroneZone database.

2) FAA asks for the REMOTE ID SERIAL NUMBER; where exactly is this found?  Entering the Drone's sticker S/N is apparently not accepted on the FAA site.

3) It is recommended by FAA to CONFIRM that the Remote ID broadcast is indeed functioning properly.  How can I do this?

Thanks,

Paul
2023-11-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please make sure to download the latest firmware version of your aircraft and use the latest DJI Go 4 app version v4.3.60 otherwise aircraft cannot be used. After that, you may find the Remote ID serial number by going to General settings (3dots) > About and look for Remote ID SN. For an aircraft with a 14-digit SN, the combination would be
Remote ID SN=1581F + 14-digit flight controller SN + 0, and the total number of digits is also 20. Hope this helps.
2023-11-30
Use props
bmid
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-30 23:04
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Please make sure to download the latest firmware version of your aircraft and use the latest DJI Go 4 app version v4.3.60 otherwise aircraft cannot be used. After that, you may find the Remote ID serial number by going to General settings (3dots) > About and look for Remote ID SN. For an aircraft with a 14-digit SN, the combination would be
Remote ID SN=1581F + 14-digit flight controller SN + 0, and the total number of digits is also 20. Hope this helps.

It seems like something isn't right still. I'm running 4.3.60 on iOS and the new firmware from 11/23/2023. Is remote id supposed to be in the about screen? It's not there. I have flight controller serial number and remote controller serial number.

I understand you saying we can figure out the remote id, but there are no actual signs anywhere that this firmware or app support remote id, and no one has been able to confirm the reception of the broadcast either. Are you really sure this release supports remote id?
2023-12-1
Use props
fansf998cd27
lvl.1
Flight distance : 387 ft
United States

bmid Posted at 12-1 12:46
It seems like something isn't right still. I'm running 4.3.60 on iOS and the new firmware from 11/23/2023. Is remote id supposed to be in the about screen? It's not there. I have flight controller serial number and remote controller serial number.

I understand you saying we can figure out the remote id, but there are no actual signs anywhere that this firmware or app support remote id, and no one has been able to confirm the reception of the broadcast either. Are you really sure this release supports remote id?

Thank you DJI Paladin, the info you supplied was sufficient to successfully FAA-register the new "Remote ID" enabled P4Pv2.

However the "universal" S/N prefix and suffix info you supplied could be used by ANY P4Pv2 owner without downloading the latest firmware, and-

With respect to actual functioning of the "Remote ID", the only thing "different" I noticed after upgrading (the DJI GO4 App to v.4.3.60 and firmware to v. 01.00.7017) was the addition of a new "AeroScope" screen under the Aircraft Details, which lists:
- UUID (ON/OFF button defaulted to ON)
- Identification and Flight Information (ON/OFF button defaulted to ON)
- Identification: (blank)
- Flight Information: (blank - cannot exceed 90 characters)
- AeroScope: "AeroScope allows people on the ground nearby to understand where drones are flying and who is using them, similar to a car license plate.  Entering your personal information is optional.
- APPLY (clicking results in "Information has been applied").

This obviously represents Remote ID; however as bmid says:
- Where is the positive indication that Remote ID is actually functioning?  How can we confirm as FAA suggests?
- Where are the "operating instructions" for the AeroScope screen and what do the fields actually mean/do?

Thanks,

Paul
2023-12-3
Use props
djkeller
lvl.1
Flight distance : 620472 ft
United States

Newbie here looking for some answers.

Went through the same firmware updates, confirmed all versions are up to date with our P4P 2.0. Gave a test run indoors to fire the motors up, all worked fine. Went outside for a true test, and I received an alert that Remote ID functionality was not working. I am assuming our registration needs to be updated with the FAA of our specific device so it is able to be broadcasted and be compliant? With that, registration calls for a Remote ID serial #. There's still no DOC for the PFP drone on the FAA Drone Zone website. How/when can we obtain that so our RID broadcast will work/be compliant? Needing this device for work coming up and having it grounded would be a disaster.
2023-12-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

bmid Posted at 12-1 12:46
It seems like something isn't right still. I'm running 4.3.60 on iOS and the new firmware from 11/23/2023. Is remote id supposed to be in the about screen? It's not there. I have flight controller serial number and remote controller serial number.

I understand you saying we can figure out the remote id, but there are no actual signs anywhere that this firmware or app support remote id, and no one has been able to confirm the reception of the broadcast either. Are you really sure this release supports remote id?

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. The indication that the remote ID is working properly is to use the DJI remote controller to control the drone to start the motors, then use the WLAN of your cell phone or tablet to scan the Remote ID serial number broadcast by the drone at a location close to the drone. As shown in the figure below, if you can see a string always prefixed with “RID-” followed by a 20-digit alphanumeric Remote ID serial number in the "Available networks", it means that the Remote ID is broadcast properly.

Please note that since the time required for WLAN scanning of different cell phones or tablets is not consistent, it may be necessary to restart the WLAN several times to scan the Remote ID serial number broadcast by the drone.
2023-12-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fansf998cd27 Posted at 12-3 11:15
Thank you DJI Paladin, the info you supplied was sufficient to successfully FAA-register the new "Remote ID" enabled P4Pv2.

However the "universal" S/N prefix and suffix info you supplied could be used by ANY P4Pv2 owner without downloading the latest firmware, and-

Hi there. Sorry for the late advice. Please refer to the response above for the Remote ID concern. Regarding Aeroscope, AeroScope can detect UAVs flying within a particular surveillance area such as an airport, a prison, a nuclear power plant, and other government facilities or infrastructures. It can be applied to legal surveillance activities organized by the law enforcement agency, the national security department, or the aviation safety authority. If you are from one of the organizations abovementioned, please contact our local dealer for more information about AeroScope. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-12-10
Use props
rescuechuck
lvl.1
Flight distance : 228291 ft
United States

I am using a Crystalsky monitor and updated the firmwares for my drone and controller and Go4.0 APP. All of the versions show that I am running the current updated version. When I go to the general settings and about, I don't see anything abut Remote ID. I do see the Flight controller SN and the Remote Controller SN.  I have an Iphone and have an app called Drone SCanner. I don't see my drone on that app either. I tried running  the update feature a second time on all of the firmwares on all on my devices and the remote ID still doesn't seem to be workig.
2023-12-10
Use props
bmid
lvl.1

United States

djkeller Posted at 12-4 12:54
Newbie here looking for some answers.

Went through the same firmware updates, confirmed all versions are up to date with our P4P 2.0. Gave a test run indoors to fire the motors up, all worked fine. Went outside for a true test, and I received an alert that Remote ID functionality was not working. I am assuming our registration needs to be updated with the FAA of our specific device so it is able to be broadcasted and be compliant? With that, registration calls for a Remote ID serial #. There's still no DOC for the PFP drone on the FAA Drone Zone website. How/when can we obtain that so our RID broadcast will work/be compliant? Needing this device for work coming up and having it grounded would be a disaster.

To me it looks like you need to go to drone zone and add this s/n to your phantom. I couldn't edit my old record, so I deleted it and created another one to show it had built-in remote id using the formula mentioned earlier: Remote ID SN=1581F + 14-digit flight controller SN + 0

As far as confirming it, the hardware and software that can do this is hard to find. Fortunately the phantom is using 2.4ghz according to another thread. I tinkered with some sample code for esp32-s3 but haven't gotten it to see any broadcasts. My brother tells me that Drone Scanner on his newest google phone claims it can see wifi nan/aware broadcasts. We haven't been able to meet up to confirm it. It seems like most phones can't see these wifi broadcasts. On iOS, Drone Scanner can only see bt4 legacy broadcasts so that doesn't help.
2023-12-11
Use props
DarrenLabella
lvl.2
United States

rescuechuck Posted at 12-10 17:20
I am using a Crystalsky monitor and updated the firmwares for my drone and controller and Go4.0 APP. All of the versions show that I am running the current updated version. When I go to the general settings and about, I don't see anything abut Remote ID. I do see the Flight controller SN and the Remote Controller SN.  I have an Iphone and have an app called Drone SCanner. I don't see my drone on that app either. I tried running  the update feature a second time on all of the firmwares on all on my devices and the remote ID still doesn't seem to be workig.

I see the Remote ID serial number show up in the "About" menu, but ONLY when my phantom has a GPS lock. It doesn't show up indoors.
2023-12-11
Use props
rescuechuck
lvl.1
United States

DarrenLabella Posted at 12-11 11:52
I see the Remote ID serial number show up in the "About" menu, but ONLY when my phantom has a GPS lock. It doesn't show up indoors.

Thanks. I will try that. I have been checking it indoors.  My house is in a no fly zone next to an airport so I haven't tried it outside.
2023-12-11
Use props
rescuechuck
lvl.1
United States

DarrenLabella Posted at 12-11 11:52
I see the Remote ID serial number show up in the "About" menu, but ONLY when my phantom has a GPS lock. It doesn't show up indoors.

Thank you. I took it outside and even though I couldn't start the motors, the remote ID showed up in the About menu. Now I can go register it. It looks like the remote ID is the serial number with 1581 at the head and a 0 at the tail.
The Drone Scanner app doesn't see it but I think that it only looks on Bluetooth on IOS.
I will search for another APP.
2023-12-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

rescuechuck Posted at 12-10 17:20
I am using a Crystalsky monitor and updated the firmwares for my drone and controller and Go4.0 APP. All of the versions show that I am running the current updated version. When I go to the general settings and about, I don't see anything abut Remote ID. I do see the Flight controller SN and the Remote Controller SN.  I have an Iphone and have an app called Drone SCanner. I don't see my drone on that app either. I tried running  the update feature a second time on all of the firmwares on all on my devices and the remote ID still doesn't seem to be workig.

Hi there. We're glad that you have managed to isolate this issue. Once the remote ID appears in the "Available Networks" under the WLAN on your mobile device, it indicates that the Remote ID is broadcasting properly. Please note that since the time required for WLAN scanning of different cell phones or tablets is not consistent, it may be necessary to restart the WLAN several times to scan the Remote ID serial number broadcast by the drone. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day ahead!
2023-12-13
Use props
bmid
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-13 02:31
Hi there. We're glad that you have managed to isolate this issue. Once the remote ID appears in the "Available Networks" under the WLAN on your mobile device, it indicates that the Remote ID is broadcasting properly. Please note that since the time required for WLAN scanning of different cell phones or tablets is not consistent, it may be necessary to restart the WLAN several times to scan the Remote ID serial number broadcast by the drone. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day ahead!

This comment is confusing because I've not seen anything in the spec that says it will use an access point advertisement. Can you refer to the spec for this? I'm looking at "Designation: F3411 − 19".

The spec says wifi broadcasts will be a nan type. These are hard to receive with today's cellphones, so it's not really DJI's fault it's hard to verify it. FAA says we have to verify with no escape clause. And it appears the only known way when remote id is via wifi is to buy google's flagship phone with the newest os and run Drone Scanner.
2023-12-14
Use props
bmid
lvl.1

United States

Hi, just FYI I was able to verify the remote id operation.
2023-12-16
Use props
bmid
lvl.1

United States

I can't remove the post above with the wrong image, so I'd appreciate a moderator removing it or giving me access to "del post" under additional options.

I was able to verify the remote id operation. It's appearing as a "WiFi Beacon" broadcast in Drone Scanner. I had to use a friend's pixel 8. It is interesting to see the other fields filled in by remote id. The broadcast showed up a minute or so into a flight. GPS was established before I started flying.

2023-12-16
Use props
djiuser_Lcj7w2z7VLRA
New
Flight distance : 214446 ft
Spain

Why does Remote ID not work in Spain?
1-5 05:18
Use props
djiuser_Lcj7w2z7VLRA
New
Flight distance : 214446 ft
Spain

Why does Remote ID not work in Spain on Phantom 4 Pro V.2?
1-5 05:28
Use props
Chas McCarthy
New

United States

fansf998cd27 Posted at 2023-12-3 11:15

I took my cellphone and went to WIFI.  Under available networks, I saw my remote ID offered as a network.  This tells me that the remote ID is being broadcast.
2-19 10:10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_Lcj7w2z7VLRA Posted at 1-5 05:28
Why does Remote ID not work in Spain on Phantom 4 Pro V.2?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The Phantom 4 Pro V.2 does not support Remote ID in the EU at the moment. Rest assured your concern will be forwarded to the relevant team to provide them feedback. We appreciate your patience.
2-20 01:11
Use props
fans8e5bf325
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1052021 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-11-30 23:04

Hello, I downloaded the latest software, but I cannot download the DJI GO 4  version v4.3.60 app to my controller. I have a controller with the built-in screen.
3-1 22:52
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans8e5bf325 Posted at 3-1 22:52
Hello, I downloaded the latest software, but I cannot download the DJI GO 4  version v4.3.60 app to my controller. I have a controller with the built-in screen.

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. May I know if you're encountering an error message when trying to download it?
3-4 02:28
Use props
fans8e5bf325
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-4 02:28
Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. May I know if you're encountering an error message when trying to download it?
Hello This is the file I downloaded from the DJI download link. The controller shows it was successfully downloaded, but the icon under All Applications is the old DJI GO 4 app. When I click on the app the error message I receive is" Unfortunately, DJI GO 4 has stopped."
Photo Mar 08 2024, 18 52 37.jpg
3-8 22:59
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans8e5bf325 Posted at 3-8 22:59
Hello This is the file I downloaded from the DJI download link. The controller shows it was successfully downloaded, but the icon under All Applications is the old DJI GO 4 app. When I click on the app the error message I receive is" Unfortunately, DJI GO 4 has stopped."
[view_image]

Thank you very much. Have you already installed it after downloading it by tapping the file and choosing the option to install?
3-10 04:45
Use props
fans8e5bf325
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-10 04:45
Thank you very much. Have you already installed it after downloading it by tapping the file and choosing the option to install?

Yes I downloaded the file. I also downloaded the file again and once I attempted to reinstall the app it states the app is already installed.
3-10 12:56
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans8e5bf325 Posted at 3-10 12:56
Yes I downloaded the file. I also downloaded the file again and once I attempted to reinstall the app it states the app is already installed.

I see. Can you please try updating the app by connecting your remote controller to your home internet?  Click the ''Me'' section on the main page of the application and it will pop up the release note of the new DJI GO 4 App to update. If no update is showing please check it by going to DJI GO 4 App> "Me"> "Settings" and clicking "Check for Update". Have a nice day.
3-11 02:45
Use props
fans8e5bf325
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-11 02:45
I see. Can you please try updating the app by connecting your remote controller to your home internet?  Click the ''Me'' section on the main page of the application and it will pop up the release note of the new DJI GO 4 App to update. If no update is showing please check it by going to DJI GO 4 App> "Me"> "Settings" and clicking "Check for Update". Have a nice day.

Hello, I did the steps as instructed, and still I am unable to open the app. I deleted the file and reinstalled. Attached are 3 photos. The correct version has been downloaded but I am still unable to access the DJI Go 4 app. I haven't had any problems with my Mini 3 Pro and I use wifi (WLAN) to make sure the remote id is working. I use this same process for the Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 and it does indicate the remote id is working.
3-14 09:48
Use props
djiuser_bHdkJMf2ujV6
lvl.1

United States

DarrenLabella Posted at 2023-12-11 11:52

Thank you for this detail.  I was going a bit nuts trying to figure this out.
3-15 12:45
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans8e5bf325 Posted at 3-14 09:48
Hello, I did the steps as instructed, and still I am unable to open the app. I deleted the file and reinstalled. Attached are 3 photos. The correct version has been downloaded but I am still unable to access the DJI Go 4 app. I haven't had any problems with my Mini 3 Pro and I use wifi (WLAN) to make sure the remote id is working. I use this same process for the Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 and it does indicate the remote[view_image][view_image][view_image] id is working.

Hi, Can you please try resetting the remote controller by going to Settings--system settings--Backup&Reset–Factory Data Reset. Thank you.
3-16 03:02
Use props
fans8e5bf325
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 3-16 03:02
Hi, Can you please try resetting the remote controller by going to Settings--system settings--Backup&Reset–Factory Data Reset. Thank you.

Hello, It's me again. The DJI Go 4 App still does not work. I gone through all the steps suggested, still no luck. I've deleted the file, factory reset multiple times. Any help is greatly appreciated.
4-24 23:57
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans8e5bf325 Posted at 4-24 23:57
Hello, It's me again. The DJI Go 4 App still does not work. I gone through all the steps suggested, still no luck. I've deleted the file, factory reset multiple times. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi there. Thank you for the update. Have you already tried to clear your SD card or replace it? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
9 hours ago
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules