Switch to change Mic 2 and ambient sound during recording
1027 8 2023-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EnTuMente
lvl.3

Spain

There would be a way for them to add an option on the screen to, during recording, be able to switch between external or internal microphones.

Thus, if I record a concert with the DJI Pocket 3, during the recording, without stopping the recording, when the group plays, let the microphone sound be heard as an audio transmitter, but when the group rests between songs song, to be able to switch to the sound of the camera's internal microphones to be able to record the ambient sound.

2023-12-2
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The latest firmware update provides an option to record the internal mics to a stereo audio wave format fiie, and the external mic (USB-C or wireless) is recorded to the video file in AAC format as usual.  Then you can combine them or crossfade them when you edit the video, and you don't have to get that mix correct at the time of the concert.  The Pocket 3 is now a four-channel audio recorder that also records excellent video!
2023-12-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. As another member said, since firmware version v01.02.06.04,  added a Built-in Mic Audio Backup function in Settings. When enabled, the camera will record audio through the built-in microphone and save it as a separate in .wav format audio file, which can be used to pick up environment sound when connected to a DJI Mic 2 transmitter or an external microphone. (This function is not available for low-light mode at 4K 30/25fps or slow motion at 4K 4x (120fps) D-Log M/HLG.) You may see whether the new function can meet your requirements.
2023-12-2
Use props
EnTuMente
lvl.3

Spain

fansfe82067d Posted at 12-2 19:39
The latest firmware update provides an option to record the internal mics to a stereo audio wave format fiie, and the external mic (USB-C or wireless) is recorded to the video file in AAC format as usual.  Then you can combine them or crossfade them when you edit the video, and you don't have to get that mix correct at the time of the concert.  The Pocket 3 is now a four-channel audio recorder that also records excellent video!

I know you have that option, and it's great for me since I record concerts and need ambient sound as well as the sound coming out of the table, but I'm proposing a much better idea so I don't have to do all this in post production.

What you say and what I am doing in the concerts that I recorded this weekend, is precisely that, but in post production.

If I had that option on screen, it would be great and it would save a lot of time in production because it wouldn't have to be done in post production.
2023-12-3
Use props
EnTuMente
lvl.3

Spain

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-2 23:12
Hello, there. As another member said, since firmware version v01.02.06.04,  added a Built-in Mic Audio Backup function in Settings. When enabled, the camera will record audio through the built-in microphone and save it as a separate in .wav format audio file, which can be used to pick up environment sound when connected to a DJI Mic 2 transmitter or an external microphone. (This function is not available for low-light mode at 4K 30/25fps or slow motion at 4K 4x (120fps) D-Log M/HLG.) You may see whether the new function can meet your requirements.

I repeat, just as I did with the user, that I already know he has that option. But that option is not what I am asking for.

What I am asking for is an on-screen switch to be able to switch live between outputting the video and audio from the external microphone or the internal microphone.

Something totally different from what the new update brings AND WHICH I THINK IS WONDERFUL.

But since what they have done seems so cool to me, I asked if it could be made even more wonderful by adding a switch on the screen so I wouldn't have to do the work in post production.
2023-12-3
Use props
EnTuMente
lvl.3

Spain

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-2 23:12

Looking at the end of your message, I don't think you even bothered to read my main message.

And I think I deserve better treatment from DJI as I am a user who has the Mini 3 Pro with the Fly More Pack; the Mini 3 and the Mini 4 Pro with the Fly More Pack.

In addition to having 2 DJI Pocket 2 (one with the Creator Pack), and the Pocket 3 with the Creator Pack.

Come on, I think I've left enough money on DJI to at least have my messages read in full. This way you could have saved the end of your message.
2023-12-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

EnTuMente Posted at 12-3 02:32
I repeat, just as I did with the user, that I already know he has that option. But that option is not what I am asking for.

What I am asking for is an on-screen switch to be able to switch live between outputting the video and audio from the external microphone or the internal microphone.

Reading your request, we think the new function can meet your requirements in recording.
As for the request you mentioned, it is not supported currently. We will forward your request to our engineers for evaluation. Thanks for your understanding.
2023-12-3
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Let's see whether enough people here chime in to support this request to make it worth DJI putting development effort into the suggestion, and also whether other users would like such an option available all the time on the screen.  Sadly, they are not likely to add features for individual users, no matter how many products you have purchased.
2023-12-3
Use props
PMO UK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 271831 ft
United Kingdom

Beware when recording music videos on the Pocket 3.  The sync will drift overtime. Lipsync will be noticeably out after 15 minutes and it accumulates over time.  My long clips will be 600ms out after 60 minutes.   I think you will find the inbuilt mike and the Mic 2 will also be unsynced.
4-23 01:10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules