DJI Osmo Action 4 YouTube Stream doesn't show up
1763 5 2023-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
buhrmi
lvl.1

Germany

Hi there,

I've recently got the Action 4, and when setting up a YouTube Live stream, the camera starts the stream, but it doesn't show up on YouTube.

When I go to studio.youtube.com, the stream shows up in the list. When I go the stream settings page, in the video preview window I just get the message that it's waiting for a connection from the streaming software.

Streaming via RTMP works tho, but that is really cumbersome. Anyone know what might be wrong here?
2023-12-4
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

did you continue to to the Youtube Management side on the desktop  if not the stream will just    say live and continue counting while its not streaming.  it is like 30 steps to get this to work and   I have a  thread step by step,  or ask a DJI staff to show a video tutorial on it and  best of luck to that
2023-12-4
Use props
buhrmi
lvl.1

Germany

thanks, I figured it out. When viewing the stream preview in youtube dashboard, in the drop down box I had to select the newly created streamkey (same name as the stream name), then a message appears ("duplicate stream key") with a link to the stream with the currently used streamkey. I clicked that, and the stream preview showed up and I was able to click the "Go Live" button.

Really cumbersome, hope DJI can fix this process....
2023-12-4
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

buhrmi Posted at 12-4 16:48
thanks, I figured it out. When viewing the stream preview in youtube dashboard, in the drop down box I had to select the newly created streamkey (same name as the stream name), then a message appears ("duplicate stream key") with a link to the stream with the currently used streamkey. I clicked that, and the stream preview showed up and I was able to click the "Go Live" button.

glad you resolved it, I more or less  gave up with the live   with dJi
2023-12-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. We're glad that you managed to figure out the issue that you experienced. Please note that the DJI Osmo Action 4 supports Livestreaming via the DJI Mimo app. Here are the steps:

1)YouTube official - Getting Started Tutorial for Livestreaming:

https://support.google.com/youtu ... Platform%3DDesktop;

2) YouTube Official – Create a livestream on a mobile device:

https://support.google.com/youtu ... ;ref_topic=9257984;

3) If you have not done a livestream on YouTube, please refer to the steps below:

(1) Go to YouTube.

(2) Tap “Create”   icon in the top-right corner to start livestream.

(3) If you have not verified the channel, please follow the steps to do so.

(4) After the live streaming function is enabled for the first time, you may need to wait up to 24 hours. You can start live streaming once the function is enabled.

4) If you have livestreamed on YouTube:

(1) Ensure that live streaming has been launched immediately in the DJI Mimo app until you see the live streaming screen.

(2) Visit the YouTube official website. Tap “Create” icon in the top-right corner on the official website. Then, tap “Start live streaming”.

(3) Tap “Manage”  icon on the left of the page. Then, find the current live streams on the right list. Enter the Details page.

(4) Follow the requirements to fill in live streaming information. Tap “Save”. Then, tap “Start Live Streaming” in the top-right corner. Wait for a moment. You can see the live streaming screen sent by DJI device on YouTube.

Notes:

When logging into YouTube, it may take several seconds to load the account information if the network environment is poor. We recommend you wait for several seconds or attempt to log in several times.
2023-12-4
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

buhrmi Posted at 12-4 16:48

Thank you so much for sharing this, just tried it out with my Pocket 2 and can now do the process without a separate PC
2023-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules