XLR mic input on expansion plate needs to be reset on power up
997 9 2023-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SHIZEP
lvl.1

United States

I've got a Ronin 4D with expansion plate, i'm running a sennheiser 416 into XLR input 1. Almost every time i turn the camera on, the channel recieves no input, until i switch off 48v power and switch it back on. Sometimes i have to switch it off and on up to 3 times, then i finally get audio feed. I have no issues until i power down and power back up again. Anyone else have this issue? I haven't tried to replicate the issue on channel 2 yet.
2023-12-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, SHIZEP! Hope you are well! Thank you so much for your concern! I have forwarded it to our engineer for further checking! We will get back to you sooner. Thank you very much.

2023-12-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hey there, thank you so much for your patience.

1、Please confirm whether the microphone model is: Sennheiser MKH 416-P48U3 moisture-proof shotgun microphone;
2、Please confirm whether the firmware version of DJI Ronin 4D is the latest, if it is not the latest version, please upgrade the device to the latest firmware version;
3、To further confirm the problem, please provide us the following information again:
1) Take a picture of the DJI Ronin 4D firmware version information page;
2) Record the operation video of connecting the phantom microphone after DJI Ronin 4D is paired with the body expansion board. (Please upload the video to google drive or another cloud drive and share an open link here. I will download it and check it for you.)

2023-12-7
Use props
fansfa4c7151
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2031572 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have had nothing but massive issues with the expansion plate .. been to Holland for a fix and off back again this week as it’s not working again .. no sound input at all .. the mini jack is appalling and now not operational .. I know of other ronin 5d owners with the same issue .. totally unacceptable.. has cost me many thousands of pound in lost production and not confident that it will be sorted ..  
1-22 20:50
Use props
Burgie
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fansfa4c7151 Posted at 1-22 20:50
I have had nothing but massive issues with the expansion plate .. been to Holland for a fix and off back again this week as it’s not working again .. no sound input at all .. the mini jack is appalling and now not operational .. I know of other ronin 5d owners with the same issue .. totally unacceptable.. has cost me many thousands of pound in lost production and not confident that it will be sorted ..

I have been experiencing problems as well....I have intermittent issues whereby the XLR 1 or 2 stops working...at present I am going to take it off and send it back to DJI...not a solid option unfortunately.....I will have to go back to using just the one 3.5mm input which is so limiting ....
1-26 12:54
Use props
fansc8d70b8f
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2023-12-7 19:29
Hey there, thank you so much for your patience.

1、Please confirm whether the microphone model is: Sennheiser MKH 416-P48U3 moisture-proof shotgun microphone;

so I've reset the camera, re-loaded the firmware and still the same thing. Clean audio with XLR 2 but nothing on XLR 1.

Please advise a fix as this camera is worthless to me if it can't record professional audio.
2-3 19:03
Use props
fansfa4c7151
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2031572 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NOTHING BUT EXCUSES AND PROBLEMS
2-5 07:14
Use props
fansf61a54e7
lvl.2
South Korea

I am also experiencing the same problem
2-14 01:04
Use props
jamie bryce
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6624065 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I sent my whole camera in with a rode stereo video mic x. It's the same issue. They came back to me after testing and advised it didn't work. The thing is, I am now using a Tascam x8 and running into problems. I am searching for help and have seen this page. I now hear the sound input through headphones in the output jack of the camera, and my levels are good. I have it set at @48hz. (Oh, by the way, I ended up returning the plate.) has no sound attached when I import.  I haven't been able to use this camera with a good audio file. It is driving me insane with frustration. Nothing in this price range should be this much of a problem.  but luck with the crap plate its junk. I fear it's the camera as well as the plate. it's just flawed.
3-16 18:04
Use props
TishDirector
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I have the same issues XLR inputs, they are not reliable at all. This is BS!
4-2 17:28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules