Halloween: The basement of horror
1188 29 2023-12-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

So, here is my entry to the 'Skyborne Sorcerer Of Halloween' event. I know it comes late for Halloween, but the event is still running, so I guess I'm still in time.

Anyhow, here is my video: A true horror to any camera enthusiast!

2023-12-9
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

2023-12-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 12-9 17:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2R55uZtk8I

Great job.    Running out of battery can be a horror for sure.
2023-12-10
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-10 05:42
Great job.    Running out of battery can be a horror for sure.

Thanks. It definetely can be. In fact, making this video was probably the only time I WISHED for the battery to run out in the middle of filming (to get it on video) It is a completely different story in the middle of recording a video for work or for family memories
2023-12-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 12-10 11:06
Thanks. It definetely can be. In fact, making this video was probably the only time I WISHED for the battery to run out in the middle of filming (to get it on video)  It is a completely different story in the middle of recording a video for work or for family memories

You're very welcome.  Best of luck in the contest.
2023-12-11
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-11 07:07
You're very welcome.  Best of luck in the contest.

Thanks for the support Did you make an entry for the competition?
2023-12-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hahaha.  You certainly built the suspense H.  
2023-12-12
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 12-12 00:06
hahaha.  You certainly built the suspense H.

Thanks for the support, wishing you success with the event as well
2023-12-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 12-12 02:03
Thanks for the support, wishing you success with the event as well

I did post my entry although in the works section but at least it was at Halloween.
2023-12-12
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 12-12 04:22
I did post my entry although in the works section but at least it was at Halloween.

I don't think it matters which subject the entry is in, for as long as it has "Halloween" mentioned in the title and fulfills the other rules as well. And yeah, you certainly took the points for being on time in that regard
2023-12-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 12-12 06:18
I don't think it matters which subject the entry is in, for as long as it has "Halloween" mentioned in the title and fulfills the other rules as well. And yeah, you certainly took the points for being on time in that regard

Thats good,   I thought for a moment I might have to repost mine.
2023-12-12
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 12-12 06:46
Thats good,   I thought for a moment I might have to repost mine.

At least, with the previous competition event, I asked about the same thing and DJI replied that it is the title label that matters, not the thread topic. So I think you're all good
2023-12-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 12-12 06:52
At least, with the previous competition event, I asked about the same thing and DJI replied that it is the title label that matters, not the thread topic. So I think you're all good

Did you ever get a badge for the last one?
2023-12-12
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 12-12 07:18
Did you ever get a badge for the last one?

Not familar with badges, not sure how they work. Where I am supposed to see them? I did get the point/credit award though.
2023-12-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 12-12 07:27
Not familar with badges, not sure how they work. Where I am supposed to see them? I did get the point/credit award though.

I dont know either and DJI has been very slow in replying to my question about them.
2023-12-12
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 12-12 07:51
I dont know either and DJI has been very slow in replying to my question about them.

I wonder what is it all about them, then. Not sure if it's just something that pops up under my avatar symbol on the forums when enabled or something else. But we'll have to wait and see.
2023-12-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 12-11 12:37
Thanks for the support  Did you make an entry for the competition?

You're welcome.  

No entry from me.  
2023-12-12
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-12 15:44
You're welcome.  

No entry from me.

Okay, maybe next time then.
2023-12-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 12-13 00:51
Okay, maybe next time then.

To be honest I tend to be more of a looker and learner.  I have yet to master videography but I haven't given up on it.  
2023-12-13
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-13 13:40
To be honest I tend to be more of a looker and learner.  I have yet to master videography but I haven't given up on it.

Nothing wrong in that, I think. Watching and learning from others is an important step in becoming better in various skills in general. My guess is the optimum is in both theory and trying the learnt things in practice. I by no means am any kind of a champion myself, but I do find it fun to try new things in cinematography even though my results are not always the best. But on the other hand, learning from mistakes is often vital as well. No matter what your approach, keep on going
2023-12-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 12-14 09:36
Nothing wrong in that, I think. Watching and learning from others is an important step in becoming better in various skills in general. My guess is the optimum is in both theory and trying the learnt things in practice. I by no means am any kind of a champion myself, but I do find it fun to try new things in cinematography even though my results are not always the best. But on the other hand, learning from mistakes is often vital as well. No matter what your approach, keep on going

Thanks.  I appreciate the encouragement.  
2023-12-14
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-14 12:40
Thanks.  I appreciate the encouragement.

No problem there. Fell free to post video anytime you feel like it. Would like to see what you will come up with.
2023-12-15
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 12-15 05:11
No problem there. Fell free to post video anytime you feel like it. Would like to see what you will come up with.

I'll try to get up the courage to do that.  I've never taken failure well so I just need to feel confident in the product first.  
2023-12-15
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-15 10:00
I'll try to get up the courage to do that.  I've never taken failure well so I just need to feel confident in the product first.

My entry was by no means perfect, yet the reception seems to be positive. I think people are usually quite encouraging and merciful. And usually, if they do share a word of critique, it is usually given in an constructive way, meant to express how to make the footage even better.

Even Pixar shared some advice on how to make the best stories. And in there, they also state to say that sometimes it's best to go with what you have done and not to be too perfectionist about it. Even with the not-so-great results, we can learn and do better next time.
2023-12-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 12-16 07:28
My entry was by no means perfect, yet the reception seems to be positive. I think people are usually quite encouraging and merciful. And usually, if they do share a word of critique, it is usually given in an constructive way, meant to express how to make the footage even better.

Even Pixar shared some advice on how to make the best stories. And in there, they also state to say that sometimes it's best to go with what you have done and not to be too perfectionist about it. Even with the not-so-great results, we can learn and do better next time.

Makes me feel much more at ease.  

During my active days as an attorney I spent many hours doing due diligence before each and every case so I could give my client the best representation possible.  I remember the first time I lost a case I was quite a bit miffed.  I never gave up so I appealed the case and fortunately the conviction was overturned by the court of appeals.  The next time I lost I didn't feel so bad as the person I was defending was difficult, uncooperative, dishonest, and at times hostile.  He refused to follow their advice or appreciate their efforts.
2023-12-16
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-16 10:29
Makes me feel much more at ease.  

Glad to hear I can help you feel easier about it.

I can believe that working as an attorney was a mentally challenging occupation. I easily get confused by legal jargon, and often, strong emotions are also involved. As for setbacks, I often do get depressed about them as well. I do try to think positively even then, but it ain't always easy. Anyhow, glad to hear you got over them.
2023-12-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 12-17 04:22
Glad to hear I can help you feel easier about it.

I can believe that working as an attorney was a mentally challenging occupation. I easily get confused by legal jargon, and often, strong emotions are also involved. As for setbacks, I often do get depressed about them as well. I do try to think positively even then, but it ain't always easy. Anyhow, glad to hear you got over them.

I appreciate the kind words.  Hope you are having a great weekend.
2023-12-17
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20369816 ft
United States

You had me hanging on there right up until the end. Fun surprise ending.,
Yes running out of battery before a mission is complete is always a nightmare.  
Good Job
1-5 10:51
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Ms Ivy Posted at 1-5 10:51
You had me hanging on there right up until the end. Fun surprise ending.,
Yes running out of battery before a mission is complete is always a nightmare.  
Good Job

Thanks for the kind words, glad to hear you enjoyed the clip
1-5 11:39
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20369816 ft
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 1-5 11:39
Thanks for the kind words, glad to hear you enjoyed the clip

It was very creative
1-5 18:28