My camera turns itself on automatically after update v01.03.05.10
751 7 2023-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SciInquiry
lvl.1
Belgium

As I don't want the original posts to be deleted and also have trust issue if the new firmware is going to solve it, I made this topic.

Original post on the main new firmware update topic (New DJI Osmo Action 4 Firmware Released (11/23/2023)):
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =297209&pid=3192590
Hi all, I just did the update. And maybe it's not an issue and a feature that I'm not aware of but after the update, every time I shutdown the camera, it takes a couple of seconds before it automatically turns itself on and start auto recording as well. Mimicking the instant record feature when you click the record button instead of the QS button to turn it on.

Can anybody confirm if it's a feature or just a bug in the new firmware? If it's a bug, I need to downgrade the firmware because it's unusable. It keeps turning itself on, no matter what and how I stop the recording and shut it down.

My second reply:
I will try to explain it in steps as it's important to follow probably.

1) Insert battery => nothing happens
2) Turn it on with QS button => it turns on
3) Turn it off with QS button => it turns off
4) Wait couple of seconds without touching it => turns itself on
5) Turn it off with QS button => it turns off
6) Wait couple of seconds without touching it => turns itself on

If the option "SnapShot" is enabled, when it turns itself on, it also starts recording. When the "SnapShot" setting is disabled, it just turns on without automatically recording.

Also, the other way of starting:
1) Insert battery => nothing happens
2) Turn it on with Shutter/Record button => it turns on and starts recording
3) Turn it off with Shutter/Record button => it stops recording and it turns off
4) Wait couple of seconds without touching it => turns itself on and starts recording
5) Turn it off with Shutter/Record button button => it stops recording and it turns off
6) Wait couple of seconds without touching it => turns itself on and  starts recording

I contacted DJI by chat yesterday but they could not help me. So basically it's a paper weight now.

What I find the strangest in this case is that I can not find any similar situation on the internet where somebody experienced the same.

Answer from DJI member @DJI Gamora:
Hello, there. We're sorry for the trouble that it may have caused you. Would it be possible if you could share a short video showing the phenomenon? You may consider using Google Drive or Dropbox to upload the video and provide the link here. I look forward to hearing from you.

My answer:
Sorry but the steps explained at post #177 should be enough to explain my issue. Which is btw still happening... I got this paperweight for more than a week now. Is this the quality DJI stands for?

You should, ASAP, allow people to downgrade to older firmware if stuff like this happens. What can I do now? Just wait for you guys to bring out a new firmware!?
I see that you only bring out a firmware each month, but sometimes also 2 months. Do I need to wait another 2-3 weeks before I can use this camera?

2023-12-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. This is not the experience we want you to have. For us to proceed with the troubleshooting, kindly please upload a short video showing the behavior of your unit so we can check it further and provide you an accurate advice based on the behavior of the unit. We understand that you provide information about the unit but please understand that a video will help us identify the issue and provide you further troubleshooting steps if necessary. You may upload the video via Google Drive or YouTube. We don't have an option to downgrade firmware using the DJI Osmo Action 4. We will wait for your response. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-12-10
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

https://www.dji.com/support/repair

Please contact and you be able to chat with a rep when open

2023-12-11
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

Sounds more like a button issue than FW, couple of additional clarifications is the camera in the plastic frame and if so is the same behaviour present when the camera is not in the frame.  Think the best course of action is to create a repair request it should be well within warranty but if you can create a video showing the fault it will help expedite repair/replacent.  Having just had my remote replaced it’s a relatively painless process.
2023-12-11
Use props
SciInquiry
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-10 22:13
Hi there. This is not the experience we want you to have. For us to proceed with the troubleshooting, kindly please upload a short video showing the behavior of your unit so we can check it further and provide you an accurate advice based on the behavior of the unit. We understand that you provide information about the unit but please understand that a video will help us identify the issue and provide you further troubleshooting steps if necessary. You may upload the video via Google Drive or YouTube. We don't have an option to downgrade firmware using the DJI Osmo Action 4. We will wait for your response. Thank you for your understanding.

I made the video (forgive me, I forgot to silence the music and my 3D printer on the background): https://photos.app.goo.gl/hAB8NMejCSpStzgd6

Can I ask you why downgrading was removed? Downgrading would potentially had me out of trouble and be using the camera on this moment. I understand that you as a company don't want it but at least allow the previous firmware to be flashed.
To be honest, I know all of the bad rep nowadays around Gopro, and I never had one, that's why I bought this OA4, being my first action camera. But the experience of this now, let's all my hope fade away... Clearly not a good selling point if people ask me about my opinion around DJI and this firmware policy.

I really hope for a fast solution because I bought it after a long period of doubt and deliberation and was using it daily now, and now it's a paper weight for more than a week already. Lesson learned: always flash the second to last firmware and not the latest......
2023-12-11
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I will think your device is faulty.

I have only upgraded one of my two units, and have no problem with it and also never heard about anyone else having this issue here (yet).
2023-12-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

SciInquiry Posted at 12-11 11:53
I made the video (forgive me, I forgot to silence the music and my 3D printer on the background): https://photos.app.goo.gl/hAB8NMejCSpStzgd6

Can I ask you why downgrading was removed? Downgrading would potentially had me out of trouble and be using the camera on this moment. I understand that you as a company don't want it but at least allow the previous firmware to be flashed.

We appreciate your response. We're deeply sorry for this unpleasant experience. In this case, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Rest assured that the warranty will be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-12-13
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

So ever see Beatlejuice.. DJI? this is what you did to the customer made them wait  and  delayed their repair!
2023-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules