Looping video not working
649 8 2023-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Simes4
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi

I bought the camera to use mainly as a helmet safety camera when cycling. I liked that I could have a small and light camera for my short commutes and a longer lasting camera with the battery module and SD card for longer journeys. So far looping has failed for both camera only and when using the battery module saving to the SD card.  When storage is almost full, either internal or SD card, I get the message that there is not enough memory to record. I cannot rely on the camera to record which is a basic failing for one that has a looping function and very bad if an incident is not captured because of it. During the latest failure with camera and battery module the camera was set to 1080P, 30fps, Horizon Steady and Max for looping.  Please can someone let me know the definitive settings that deliver loop recording for both the camera only and camera with battery module and SD card so that I don't have to remember to delete video manually.

Thanks

Simon

2023-12-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. The “Loop Duration” option determines the number and duration of the video clips. The storage space occupied by shooting is calculated in advance, and, if the calculated storage space is greater than the current residual storage, the warning “insufficient storage” will appear. If a longer loop duration is required, we recommend that you purchase a storage card with a larger capacity. You may check the DJI Action 2 specification on our website for the recommended SD card for the unit. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-12-11
Use props
Simes4
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-11 21:18
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. The “Loop Duration” option determines the number and duration of the video clips. The storage space occupied by shooting is calculated in advance, and, if the calculated storage space is greater than the current residual storage, the warning “insufficient storage” will appear. If a longer loop duration is required, we recommend that you purchase a storage card with a larger capacity. You may check the DJI Action 2 specification on our website for the recommended SD card for the unit. We appreciate your understanding.

Hi. Thanks for the quick response. I bought a recommended card. It is this one: SanDisk Extreme 128GB V30 A2 UHS-I Speed Grade 3 microSDXC from the DJI list. More than enough space. I set the looping to 'Max' as this seems to offer the best flexibility (1, 2 or 3 min clips depending on remaining space) and hence reliability. I'm not tied to it. I just want looping to work preferably for the camera alone and when using the power module with SD card. What settings deliver reliable looping for these two scenarios?
2023-12-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Simes4 Posted at 12-12 02:48
Hi. Thanks for the quick response. I bought a recommended card. It is this one: SanDisk Extreme 128GB V30 A2 UHS-I Speed Grade 3 microSDXC from the DJI list. More than enough space. I set the looping to 'Max' as this seems to offer the best flexibility (1, 2 or 3 min clips depending on remaining space) and hence reliability. I'm not tied to it. I just want looping to work preferably for the camera alone and when using the power module with SD card. What settings deliver reliable looping for these two scenarios?

Thank you for your response. Please note that when you set the duration to "max" the number of generated video clips will depend on the microSD card capacity. We will coordinate this concern of yours to our relevant team for further clarification. Have a nice day.
2023-12-14
Use props
Simes4
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-12-14 22:52
Thank you for your response. Please note that when you set the duration to "max" the number of generated video clips will depend on the microSD card capacity. We will coordinate this concern of yours to our relevant team for further clarification. Have a nice day.

Hi. Has there been any clarification yet? Maybe a little early as we have just had the Christmas holidays but I am back commuting to work by bike and the camera has again shut down due to insufficient space, mid ride. I am not aware of a single occasion when looping has actually worked. This is extremely frustrating as it was bought to be a safety camera.
1-3 13:30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Simes4 Posted at 1-3 13:30
Hi. Has there been any clarification yet? Maybe a little early as we have just had the Christmas holidays but I am back commuting to work by bike and the camera has again shut down due to insufficient space, mid ride. I am not aware of a single occasion when looping has actually worked. This is extremely frustrating as it was bought to be a safety camera.

Hello there. Sorry for the late response. We are still waiting for the response of the designated team. Rest assured that we will send you updates once we receive the information needed. We appreciate your understanding.
1-9 19:48
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. Please confirm what specific looping time does it prompt "storage is insufficient"? Or does it prompt during shooting? If you could provide us a short video showing the issue that would be very helpful. Also, please provide us the camera log and the time of the issue, a microSD card picture (showing the SD card) then upload it via Google Drive so we can check it further.
1-15 23:05
Use props
djiuser_pZc4WgNGHGnT
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-15 23:05
Hi there. Sorry for the late response. Please confirm what specific looping time does it prompt "storage is insufficient"? Or does it prompt during shooting? If you could provide us a short video showing the issue that would be very helpful. Also, please provide us the camera log and the time of the issue, a microSD card picture (showing the SD card) then upload it via Google Drive so we can check it further.
Not the original poster, but I have the same problem. My understanding of Max is that it should use the entire card for looping video and when it fills up the card it should delete the oldest loop video on the card and continue doing that. Unfortunately it doesn't do this. When you turn it on it apparently scans at that moment and only fills up the free portion at that moment.

The result is that you have to manually clear the card, which eliminates the entire point of looping video
5-8 10:16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_pZc4WgNGHGnT Posted at 5-8 10:16
Not the original poster, but I have the same problem. My understanding of Max is that it should use the entire card for looping video and when it fills up the card it should delete the oldest loop video on the card and continue doing that. Unfortunately it doesn't do this. When you turn it on it apparently scans at that moment and only fills up the free portion at that moment.

The result is that you have to manually clear the card, which eliminates the entire point of looping video

Thank you for your response. The “Loop Recording” function debuted as an “automobile data recorder”. The aim is to continually record videos of recent incidents with minimum storage space. However, the term “Loop” means that after the limited space has been used, the most recent video segment will be recorded over the oldest video segment. The “Loop Duration” option determines the number and duration of the video clips. The storage space occupied by shooting is calculated in advance, and, if the calculated storage space is greater than the current residual storage, the warning “insufficient storage” will appear. If a longer loop duration is required, it is recommended to purchase a storage card with a larger capacity or backup and reformat your SD card using your computer before use. We appreciate your understanding.
5-9 01:09
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules