How to change fps in Hyperlapse?
683 6 2023-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Finnborg-Braga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 258478 ft
United Kingdom

The Action 4 seems to have a fixed fps of 29.97 when in hyperlapse.

Is there a way to change the (output) fps within the camera settings?
2023-12-11
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

nope
too short
2023-12-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi. I hope you're doing well today. Regretfully, it is not possible to change the fps when  Hyperlapse. I'll forward this as feedback to the related team. We appreciate your patience and valued support.
2023-12-13
Use props
Finnborg-Braga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 258478 ft
United Kingdom

29.97 fps is a NTSC framerate, and 'alien' in Europe and many other places in the world. I would suggest that being able to change the fps to 25 is a minimum requirement to make Hyperlapse usable outside North America.

I would also suggest that higher frame rates (50 / 60 fps) would be a good move. Enabling Horizontal Balance would also be good.

As it is at the moment, Hyperlapse is pretty useless to me. I am recording 4-8 hour hikes, and condensing the footage to 5-10 minutes. I have experimented with Hyperlapse but had to go back to 'standard' video and speed up the footage in post - but that means very large 'raw' video files to store.
2023-12-13
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

30fps is “alien” in the EU? I do all my recordings in 30fps, including hyperlapse and timelapse. Never had an issue. Are you still using tube television?
2023-12-13
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

maybe they can pass  it on.  DJI has more or less allowed all FPS in the Video mode, but otherwise they  limited the rest,
2023-12-13
Use props
insert.coin
lvl.2
Ireland

osmonauta Posted at 2023-12-13 03:44
30fps is “alien” in the EU? I do all my recordings in 30fps, including hyperlapse and timelapse. Never had an issue. Are you still using tube television?

How do you deal with a certain type of light flicker when shooting at 30/60 fps in the EU?  These lights seem to be quite common among businesses as I move pass them, their lights just produce an annoying flicker when I shoot 30/60 fps.

30 fps probably might be ok with hyper lapse if the clip is used on it's own but if you had to blend the footage with a timeline that is 25fps for the sake of PAL and reducing flicker on certain lights, a 30fps (or rather 29.97 fps) clip in a 25fps timeline is not exactly a pleasant experience.
4-27 13:40
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules