Focus motor
1097 21 2023-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
L MEDIA STUDIOS
lvl.2
United States

Team DJI - please provide correct instructions on how to upgrade focus motor 2022 to v00030464 -  I continue getting a UPDATE FAILED in DJI Assistant 2

2023-12-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Did you use DJI Ronin 4D with DJI Ronin 4D Flex and DJI Focus Motor (2022)?
If so, when DJI Ronin 4D is used with DJI Ronin 4D Flex and DJI Focus Motor (2022), connect the DJI Ronin 4D’s main body and the computer using the provided USB-A to USB-C cable, launch DJI Assistant 2 (Ronin Series), go to the Focus Motor interface, and select the latest firmware version to update to.
If the issue persists, please screenshot the error messages when it fails.
2023-12-16
Use props
L MEDIA STUDIOS
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-16 23:13
Hello, there. Did you use DJI Ronin 4D with DJI Ronin 4D Flex and DJI Focus Motor (2022)?
If so, when DJI Ronin 4D is used with DJI Ronin 4D Flex and DJI Focus Motor (2022), connect the DJI Ronin 4D’s main body and the computer using the provided USB-A to USB-C cable, launch DJI Assistant 2 (Ronin Series), go to the Focus Motor interface, and select the latest firmware version to update to.
If the issue persists, please screenshot the error messages when it fails.

I own 2 R4D with Focus motors - same problem for both - please escalate to fix this
Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 1.06.19 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 1.06.41 AM.png
2023-12-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

L MEDIA STUDIOS Posted at 12-17 22:54
I own 2 R4D with Focus motors - same problem for both - please escalate to fix this

Thanks for the screenshots. We will forward to our engineer team to check first. And will keep you update soon.
2023-12-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

L MEDIA STUDIOS Posted at 12-17 22:54

Hi there, after checking, the error code occurred due to the Ronin 4D did not connect with Flex and DJI RS Focus Motor (2022) correctly. Would you please double-confirm on it? Thanks,
2023-12-18
Use props
L MEDIA STUDIOS
lvl.2
United States

It connects fine - monitor works with image - tried on both of my R4D with the flex -
2023-12-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

L MEDIA STUDIOS Posted at 12-18 01:36
It connects fine - monitor works with image - tried on both of my R4D with the flex -

Thanks for reply. For the focus moter, may I know if you used with the DJI Zenmuse X9 Focus Motor or DJI RS Focus Motor (2022)?
2023-12-18
Use props
L MEDIA STUDIOS
lvl.2
United States

DJI Zenmuse X9 Focus Motor
2023-12-18
Use props
Chapeaublanc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 25794 ft
  • >>>
France

Like i said in another post, I find a way to solve my problem:
"I upgraded the "Ronin RS Focus Motor" with the flex correctly, and After rebooting the camera (without the flex and the Ronin RS Focus Motor) I had the "inconsistent firmware message". I think it downgraded the 4D focus motor, who now work properly with or without the Flex.
My both (4D and RS) motors work properly now."

Hope it will help you.
2023-12-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

L MEDIA STUDIOS Posted at 12-18 01:41
DJI Zenmuse X9 Focus Motor

Hello, there.  If you are using the DJI Ronin 4D with Zenmuse X9 Focus Motor, do not enter the page of “Focus Motor” to update the firmware to v00.03.04.64, or otherwise, a prompt stating “Update failed” will appear. This is because the firmware version is mainly used to update the DJI RS Focus Motor (2022) which is used with the DJI Ronin 4D and DJI Ronin 4D Flex.  DJI RS Focus Motor (2022) and Zenmuse X9 Focus Motor are in different firmware pages.
2023-12-19
Use props
L MEDIA STUDIOS
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-19 02:41
Hello, there.  If you are using the DJI Ronin 4D with Zenmuse X9 Focus Motor, do not enter the page of “Focus Motor” to update the firmware to v00.03.04.64, or otherwise, a prompt stating “Update failed” will appear. This is because the firmware version is mainly used to update the DJI RS Focus Motor (2022) which is used with the DJI Ronin 4D and DJI Ronin 4D Flex.  DJI RS Focus Motor (2022) and Zenmuse X9 Focus Motor are in different firmware pages.

Understood - my X9 focus motor now does not work for zoom - it will calibrate and I have set the trigger for zoom but it no longer works - what should I do next? ( I have 2 R4D same problem on both units with motors
2023-12-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

L MEDIA STUDIOS Posted at 12-20 16:24
Understood - my X9 focus motor now does not work for zoom - it will calibrate and I have set the trigger for zoom but it no longer works - what should I do next? ( I have 2 R4D same problem on both units with motors

Which lens you are using together with the Zenmuse X9 focus motor?
2023-12-22
Use props
L MEDIA STUDIOS
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-22 00:10
Which lens you are using together with the Zenmuse X9 focus motor?

Sony 24-70 GM , using the focus motor as a zoom motor was working before update now it is not working, calibration works but the no control when using the right handle trigger button
2023-12-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

L MEDIA STUDIOS Posted at 12-22 06:05
Sony 24-70 GM , using the focus motor as a zoom motor was working before update now it is not working, calibration works but the no control when using the right handle trigger button

Did you update the firmware of the E mount also? If not, please update it, too.
2023-12-23
Use props
L MEDIA STUDIOS
lvl.2
United States

cannot find link for EMOUNT update - [lease provide
2023-12-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

L MEDIA STUDIOS Posted at 12-24 13:19
cannot find link for EMOUNT update - [lease provide

Sorry for the belated reply. You can refer to the E-mount update method here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=257489
2023-12-27
Use props
djiuser_OV7tPDV7g5ev
lvl.1
Flight distance : 116598 ft
Turkey

DJI Wanda Posted at 2023-12-19 02:41

I have too same problem
how can ı use and update x9 zenmuse focus motor with ronin 4d?
when ı update in dji asistant 2
doesnt update cancelled %99

which program be update my x9 zenmuse focus motor,
please help me?
1-11 01:46
Use props
canigci
lvl.1
Turkey

L MEDIA STUDIOS Posted at 2023-12-17 22:54

PLEASE HELP TO FİXİNG THAT
1-11 02:33
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_OV7tPDV7g5ev Posted at 1-11 01:46
I have too same problem
how can ı use and update x9 zenmuse focus motor with ronin 4d?
when ı update in dji asistant 2

Hello, there. If you are using the DJI Ronin 4D with Zenmuse X9 Focus Motor, do not enter the page of “Focus Motor” to update the firmware to v00.03.04.64, but enter the page of “Firmware Update” for DJI Ronin 4D and update it to the latest firmware package of the DJI Ronin 4D.
1-11 04:25
Use props
canigci
lvl.1
Turkey

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-11 04:25
Hello, there. If you are using the DJI Ronin 4D with Zenmuse X9 Focus Motor, do not enter the page of “Focus Motor” to update the firmware to v00.03.04.64, but enter the page of “Firmware Update” for DJI Ronin 4D and update it to the latest firmware package of the DJI Ronin 4D.

You are truly incredible, I never thought of doing this.
I have already done this, it is not updating, can you please send me a text or document link that will guide me?
I have not been able to start my focus engine for 3 days. It is flashing red.
1-12 05:01
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

canigci Posted at 1-12 05:01
You are truly incredible, I never thought of doing this.
I have already done this, it is not updating, can you please send me a text or document link that will guide me?
I have not been able to start my focus engine for 3 days. It is flashing red.

The steps to update the firmware of the DJI Zenmuse X9 Focus Motor are the same as updating the firmware of the DJI Ronin 4D. You can watch the tutorials of DJI Ronin 4D for reference.
Steps:
1. The firmware of the focus motor is included in the Zenmuse X9 gimbal firmware. When the focus motor firmware needs to be updated, please mount the focus motor to Zenmuse X9 and then update the firmware.
2. Use the USB-C cable to connect Ronin 4D to the computer, and launch DJI Assistant 2 (Ronin Series) for firmware update.

Here is the tutorial:
May we know if there were any error messages when it failed to update the firmware? Please screenshot the page for us.
Thank you.
1-14 04:35
Use props
crispinus
New

Germany

I'm using the Ronin 4D with Flex and a DJI RS Focus Motor (2022) which I want to use to control zoom on a Sony 70-200/2.8 GM2 lens attached to the Flex. I successfully updated the E-Mount-Adapter to 00.00.14.00 via Mali Mount Upgrade Tool and the focus motor to the latest available firmware version in DJI Assistant.
While I can successfully calibrate the motor in the menu and set it to "Zoom", nothing happens if I use the top handle joystick which I set to "Zoom" functionality, and I also can't zoom via the right handle while pressing the trigger button - the focus motor doesn't move at all.
Changes to the focal length by manually turning the lens' zoom ring are detected by the Ronin 4d and displayed in the bottom right corner of the monitor.

Please provide guidance on how to correctly use the focus motor as zoom control - maybe there is a firmware bug preventing this to work correctly?
3-28 14:03
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules