2381 29 2023-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tchantches
lvl.2
Belgium

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your help.

I have 2 Osmo pocket 3, how to synchronize the timecode of the two cameras together?

I don't understand why it doesn't sync automatically.

Have a nice day.
2023-12-18
Use props
Drift.dk
lvl.3
  • >>>
South Korea

I agree. I use 5, so it's too much work to manually sync them.
2023-12-18
Use props
Tchantches
lvl.2
Belgium

Drift.dk Posted at 12-18 02:36
I agree. I use 5, so it's too much work to manually sync them.

I totally agree, but I guess there's probably an easy way to do it, and we just don't know how to do it.
2023-12-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi Tchantches. You can use a timecode device like TentacleSync Timecoder to sync your cameras and then follow the steps below:
1. Write the Timecode into the "Timecode device" through the adapted app.
2. Power on the camera and enter the timecode setting interface;
3. Set the corresponding frame rate in the timecode app according to the video frame rate displayed on the camera timecode setting interface
4. After the synchronization of the time coder and APP is completed, connect the "time coder" to the camera through the 3.5mm to USB-C cable, which will automatically complete the synchronization;
5. After a while, when the camera displays "Synchronization successful, please unplug the external time coder" the timecode synchronization is completed.
6. If there are other pieces of equipment, you can complete the corresponding synchronization in turn.
Have a great day.
2023-12-18
Use props
Tchantches
lvl.2
Belgium

DJI Tony Posted at 12-18 22:19
Hi Tchantches. You can use a timecode device like TentacleSync Timecoder to sync your cameras and then follow the steps below:
2. Power on the camera and enter the timecode setting interface;

Hello DJI Tommy,
Thank you for your answer but I have to admit that I look after an internal solution. I don’t know how it work but if the time code is linked to the phone, if I synchronise 2 different osmo pocket 3 on the same phone and one just after the other one I was hoping this would synchronize them both precisely.

Is it something possible and in development with your technicians?

Do you know if it possible to synchronise with the rode wireless pro?

Thank you for your time.
2023-12-19
Use props
Drift.dk
lvl.3
  • >>>
South Korea

DJI Tony Posted at 12-18 22:19
2. Power on the camera and enter the timecode setting interface;

If I'm collaborating with another camera, this is fine.
However, if I'm synchronizing multiple Pocket3s, there should be an easier way to do it with a MIMO app.
2023-12-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Tchantches Posted at 12-19 04:42
Hello DJI Tommy,
Thank you for your answer but I have to admit that I look after an internal solution. I don’t know how it work but if the time code is linked to the phone, if I synchronise 2 different osmo pocket 3 on the same phone and one just after the other one I was hoping this would synchronize them both precisely.

Hi. You can use the phone system time to synchronize the timecode.
1) Connect each Osmo Pocket 3 to your mobile DJI Mimo;
2) The system time of each Osmo Pocket 3 will automatically synchronize the system time of the mobile phone through the mobile DJI Mimo.
3) Enter the timecode setting interface of Osmo Pocket 3, click the "Sync button" on the right side of the system time, and you can set the Osmo Pocket 3 system time as master clock and synchronize to "timecode"

You can also sync by resetting the timecode at the same time:
1) Open the timecode setting interface for all Osmo Action 4/Osmo Action 3/Osmo Pocket 3 and slide to the bottom;
2) By clicking "Reset Timecode" at the same time, the "Timecode" can be unified from 00:00:00:00 mer.

resetting timecode at the same time.png
2023-12-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Drift.dk Posted at 12-19 07:24
If I'm collaborating with another camera, this is fine.
However, if I'm synchronizing multiple Pocket3s, there should be an easier way to do it with a MIMO app.

Hi, Drift.dk. Yes, you can do that using the Mimo app. Please refer to my suggestion above. Have a nice day.
2023-12-22
Use props
Tchantches
lvl.2
Belgium

DJI Tony Posted at 12-22 22:30
Hi. You can use the phone system time to synchronize the timecode.
1) Connect each Osmo Pocket 3 to your mobile DJI Mimo;
2) The system time of each Osmo Pocket 3 will automatically synchronize the system time of the mobile phone through the mobile DJI Mimo.

Hello DJI Tony,

Unfortunately, I didn't get the result I'd hoped for.

As you can see, the timecodes are not synchronized after resetting them on the same phone one after the other.

Do I need to connect them to my phone with a cable and not with WiFi? Can I connect them together at the same time? (If so, I haven't found a way to do it).

Could you create a video to show us how you synchronize two or more DJI Osmo pocket 3s together?

Thank you for your time.
2023-12-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Tchantches Posted at 2023-12-30 04:47
Hello DJI Tony,

Unfortunately, I didn't get the result I'd hoped for.

Hi. They need to be connected respectively. You can also try syncing your Pocket 3s by resetting them to zero at the same time.
1-3 01:57
Use props
Tchantches
lvl.2
Belgium

DJI Tony Posted at 1-3 01:57
Hi. They need to be connected respectively. You can also try syncing your Pocket 3s by resetting them to zero at the same time.

Yes, I can do it manually...
But I have to admit that I prefer a system that works perfectly with a technological solution and not something that depends on my personal synchronicity.

What's more, it's very useful to be able to use the actual time of shooting rather than a counter that's been restarted at zero in the middle of the afternoon, for example.

Could you send us a video to help us with the IT solution
1-3 05:36
Use props
Tchantches
lvl.2
Belgium

Any news about this request?

Thank you...
1-8 12:14
Use props
Tchantches
lvl.2
Belgium

DJI Tony Posted at 1-3 01:57

Hi Tony, any video of synchronisation on phone time with two or more camera?

Thank you
1-11 05:32
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Tchantches Posted at 1-11 05:32
Hi Tony, any video of synchronisation on phone time with two or more camera?

Thank you

Hi there. I have already forwarded this request to our team to prepare one for you. I will get you updated. Thank you very much for your patience.
1-15 02:59
Use props
Tchantches
lvl.2
Belgium

I just bought a deity TC-1 to try to synchronise my 2 dji osmo pocket 3…. And when I do it one just after the other I keep 1-2 frame of desynchronization.

Any one have an idea to have a perfect match?
Hope DJI work on a solution on this issue.
It’s a shame that 2 cameras so good as dji osmo pocket 3, syncing on the same phone one after the other aren’t perfectly synchronised.
IMG_6480.jpeg
IMG_6490.jpeg
1-23 06:15
Use props
grempe
lvl.1

United States

Tchantches Posted at 1-23 06:15
I just bought a deity TC-1 to try to synchronise my 2 dji osmo pocket 3…. And when I do it one just after the other I keep 1-2 frame of desynchronization.

Any one have an idea to have a perfect match?

I would agree with this sentiment.

I've tried just to get my OP3 synced with my phone time via mimo app as well.

I can NEVER get the OP3 to match the (NTP synced) time of my iPhone 15 Pro. System time displayed is always off by several seconds (not frames, seconds). And timecode never matches the system time.

So I end up with three different time values after a "sync". Phone, System, and Timecode.  All of which are different.

If I stay on the timecode settings screen sometimes I will see the display drift into correctness, and the quickly drift out.

I am comparing all of this to a stratum 1 GPS clock (standalone hardware, connected to nothing but GPS antenna), which matches my iPhone time within milliseconds.

So, something is seriously wrong with Osmo timecode.  It also NEEDS to be documented. As far as I can tell, the timecode features of Osmo Action/Pocket are completely undocumented from both a hardware and software perspective.

The fact that I can get a 30 year old VCR to track wall clock time more reliably than this device is not really acceptable.
1-23 15:06
Use props
A1C
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40909 ft
  • >>>
United States

grempe Posted at 1-23 15:06
I would agree with this sentiment.

I've tried just to get my OP3 synced with my phone time via mimo app as well.

It doesn't conform to SMPTE timecode.  So you can only jam sync once and even if you have the TC1 or the tentacle connected it won't keep getting updated and it will drift after a while which is unfortunate.

I don't mind that it doesn't have SMPTE timecode, but at a minimum it would be nice if it tracked an external TC device.  That could easily be done with FW.
1-23 16:18
Use props
DAMIAN G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2137470 ft
United States

Any luck with this? I got a 2nd OP3 and i thought syncing timecode between two of them would be a native feature because surely dji would have thought people would be using more than one. But no, there is no easy way to do it. There should be a dedicated option either on the devices itself or MIMO app that is specific to linking timecode between other OP3's. I hope a future software update can resolve this - as i know dji is one of the best companies in existence in software support, bug fixes, and introducing new features during the timeline life of their products. Please DJI, make this a feature. You would probably sell more OP3's if you advertised how easy and advantageous it is to work with more than one.
1-29 00:13
Use props
Tchantches
lvl.2
Belgium

DAMIAN G Posted at 1-29 00:13
Any luck with this? I got a 2nd OP3 and i thought syncing timecode between two of them would be a native feature because surely dji would have thought people would be using more than one. But no, there is no easy way to do it. There should be a dedicated option either on the devices itself or MIMO app that is specific to linking timecode between other OP3's. I hope a future software update can resolve this - as i know dji is one of the best companies in existence in software support, bug fixes, and introducing new features during the timeline life of their products. Please DJI, make this a feature. You would probably sell more OP3's if you advertised how easy and advantageous it is to work with more than one.

I couldn't agree with you more. I have no knowledge of this kind of science and engineering but it seems obvious that this function was going to be expected by everyone and seems so "easy" to generate. (I'm well aware that it must be anything but "easy" to manage).

All we can do now is keep our fingers crossed and our faith in the DJI team. We believe in you and burn candles in your name.

DJI Tony, any news on the video?
1-31 15:11
Use props
DAMIAN G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2137470 ft
United States

Tchantches Posted at 1-31 15:11
I couldn't agree with you more. I have no knowledge of this kind of science and engineering but it seems obvious that this function was going to be expected by everyone and seems so "easy" to generate. (I'm well aware that it must be anything but "easy" to manage).

All we can do now is keep our fingers crossed and our faith in the DJI team. We believe in you and burn candles in your name.  

I dont see why the coding for that would be so complicated. Either  bluetooth connect between two OP3 to sync timecodes or pass timecode  from one OP3 to Mimo and then have Mimo connect to the 2nd OP3 to pass  it.

2-2 11:20
Use props
Tchantches
lvl.2
Belgium

It's exactly what i think too Damian. But i guess it is more complex as we think. I hope they work on that for next Update.

@DJI Tony could you tell us?

Damian i send you an PM.
2-2 23:46
Use props
DanielCardenas
lvl.1
United States

I have two OA4's and bought them thinking timecode sync was going to be a native feature. I guess it's a something doable via a firmware update by the DJI team. They already have wireless connectivity between devices. I see no reason newer devices wouldn't have this feature built in. Any news?
2-25 13:57
Use props
Tchantches
lvl.2
Belgium

DJI Tony Posted at 1-15 02:59
Hi there. I have already forwarded this request to our team to prepare one for you. I will get you updated. Thank you very much for your patience.

Any News DJI Tony?
2-29 12:09
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Tchantches. Sorry about the delay. The video is not out yet, I have already sent a follow-up. By the way, have you already tried the method 2 in the reply 7#? Upon checking with the related team there might be a slight error when synchronizing both devices. However, I have already submitted this issue to the development team for enhancement. Any news will be announced on this forum site or the DJI official website. We appreciate your patience.
3-2 19:28
Use props
Tchantches
lvl.2
Belgium

DJI Tony Posted at 3-2 19:28
Hi, Tchantches. Sorry about the delay. The video is not out yet, I have already sent a follow-up. By the way, have you already tried the method 2 in the reply 7#? Upon checking with the related team there might be a slight error when synchronizing both devices. However, I have already submitted this issue to the development team for enhancement. Any news will be announced on this forum site or the DJI official website. We appreciate your patience.

Yep, i already try the second method. It's work approximately, but it depend on 2 moves perfectly synchronized.
I would like a perfect electronic solution.
3-4 04:30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Tchantches Posted at 3-4 04:30
Yep, i already try the second method. It's work approximately, but it depend on 2 moves perfectly synchronized.

I understand. This concern has already been forwarded to the development team for evaluation. At the moment, they recommend using a third-party time coder to synchronize your cameras. I appreciate your patience and understanding.
3-5 02:37
Use props
Tchantches
lvl.2
Belgium

DJI Tony Posted at 3-5 02:37
I understand. This concern has already been forwarded to the development team for evaluation. At the moment, they recommend using a third-party time coder to synchronize your cameras. I appreciate your patience and understanding.

Hello DJI Tony,

I'm going to buy a third DJI Osmo Pocket 3, but before i want to be sure that your team work on that. Do you have any news? In the next Update something will be corrected?

Thank you.
4-23 12:55
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Tchantches Posted at 3-4 04:30
Yep, i already try the second method. It's work approximately, but it depend on 2 moves perfectly synchronized.

Hello there. Sorry for the inconvenience. There is no update about the optimization at the moment. Rest assured, we are actively submitting your concerns to the designated team for awareness. Thank you.
4-24 03:54
Use props
fans8437d18e
New

Germany

@Dji Tony

The best way to handle this is have a remote (physical or app feature) which can control multiple devices, set time code for all, turn on off, start stop recording on all…

All other manufacturers have this, it’s a shame that DJI who is far superior in quality doesn’t.
4-28 20:53
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans8437d18e Posted at 4-28 20:53
@Dji Tony

The best way to handle this is have a remote (physical or app feature) which can control multiple devices, set time code for all, turn on off, start stop recording on all…

Thank you for the suggestion. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. Thank you for your valued support.
4-28 22:10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules