Can no longer take off using Smart Controller after RID Update on...
631 4 2023-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IslerJ3
lvl.1
United States

I thought I had taken off after updating my Mavic 2 Zoom to the latest firmware for Remote ID had been installed.  Maybe not.

Anyway, I tried using my Smart Controller to fly the Mavic 2 Zoom.  When I try to start the motors, it says "Unable to take off.  Unknown error. (Error 180)."   My Smart Controller says it's system software is up to date, but the DJI Go 4 app is at Version 4.3.54.  I believe DJI Go 4 has to be updated to Version 4.3.60.  How do I do this???

2023-12-19
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

At a guess, connect the controller to the appropriate Assistant 2 running on a computer and have a look to see if you can update the controller?
2023-12-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. If the new update is not available, please refer to Sean's suggestion and use the DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic to update it. You can download the Assistant 2 to your computer here: https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... ant-dji-2-for-mavic. Please keep us posted. Have a great day.
2023-12-19
Use props
IslerJ3
lvl.1
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-19 15:22
At a guess, connect the controller to the appropriate Assistant 2 running on a computer and have a look to see if you can update the controller?

Thank you Sean.  I hadn't tried it since I had been occupied with outside things.

I tried connecting DJI Assistant 2 to the Smart Controller.  I even updated DJI Assistant 2 to the latest version using DJI Tony's link.  When I connect the USB cable to the Smart Controller, DJI Assistant 2 gives me a blank stare like nothing is connected.  I have no problem connecting DJI Assistant 2 to the Mavic 2 Zoom - DJI Assistant 2 recognizes it right away.

So now I'm kind of stuck in getting DJI Assistant 2 to recognize the Smart Controller.  If I can get past that, I might be able to update it.

As a side note, I tried running Litchi sofware on the Smart Controller rather than DJI Go 4.  Litchi also complains of an unknown error code 0180 and says to contact DJI Support.  I updated the Litchi software to the latest version and that took care of it's problem!  If I can update DJI Go 4, I believe that problem can be resolved too.
2023-12-22
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Use the browser to go here - https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
2023-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules