Brand new Mini 4 Pro - Battery Communication Error
1376 15 2023-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FrankyDrone
lvl.1

Australia

Hello DJI Experts,
I have been flying a Mavic Pro ever since they introduced the first model. Today I added a Mini 4 Pro (Fly More Combo Plus) and we are not off to a good start (litterally). I set-up the drone, charged the 3 batteries and the remote 100% and 2 of the 3 batteries come back with a Battery Communication Error 1610000C (critically low battery). It won't even take off. The 3rd battery seems fine. Any ideas? Thank you.
2023-12-26
Use props
FrankyDrone
lvl.1

Australia

Update: As above battery #1 and #2 showed the error, but #3 worked. I have now tried #1 again and it worked as well. However, #2 is still producing the communication error. Very strange...
2023-12-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Have you already tried refreshing the drone's firmware with the battery inserted using the DJI Assistant 2? You can download it to your computer here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series. Please keep us posted. Have a nice day.
2023-12-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FrankyDrone Posted at 12-26 01:42
Update: As above battery #1 and #2 showed the error, but #3 worked. I have now tried #1 again and it worked as well. However, #2 is still producing the communication error. Very strange...

Hi there, sorry for your issue. Please try to charge the 2nd battery and try to use it again with the drone. Restart the drone multiple times and see if the error will persist. If it persists, you may send this battery back to us, we will help to solve the issue for you.
If needed, you can start an online repair case here https://www.dji.com/support/repair
2023-12-26
Use props
FrankyDrone
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 12-26 20:14
Hi there. Have you already tried refreshing the drone's firmware with the battery inserted using the DJI Assistant 2? You can download it to your computer here: https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series. Please keep us posted. Have a nice day.

Hi Tony, thanks for your response. I updated the firmware via the RC2 without any issues. Had the same problems this morning and ended up returning it to the store. They checked as well and saw the error messages. Now waiting for a new one as they were sold out.
IMG_7461.jpeg
2023-12-26
Use props
FrankyDrone
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 12-26 20:31
Hi there, sorry for your issue. Please try to charge the 2nd battery and try to use it again with the drone. Restart the drone multiple times and see if the error will persist. If it persists, you may send this battery back to us, we will help to solve the issue for you.
If needed, you can start an online repair case here https://www.dji.com/support/repair

Hi Susan, it all got too hard. I expect a DJI drone to simply work. Just like my Mavic Pro does. I don’t want to hope everytime I want to fly that the drone recognises the battery. Not for that amount of money. I returned it and hope that the replacement will work.
2023-12-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FrankyDrone Posted at 12-26 21:06
Hi Susan, it all got too hard. I expect a DJI drone to simply work. Just like my Mavic Pro does. I don’t want to hope everytime I want to fly that the drone recognises the battery. Not for that amount of money. I returned it and hope that the replacement will work.

I see, thank you for your update on this case, and I understand your experience. Hope you receive the replacement soon. Any further assistance from my end, please feel free to let me know, I am glad to help.
2023-12-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

FrankyDrone Posted at 12-26 21:04
Hi Tony, thanks for your response. I updated the firmware via the RC2 without any issues. Had the same problems this morning and ended up returning it to the store. They checked as well and saw the error messages. Now waiting for a new one as they were sold out.

Sorry, you had to return it But I hope you receive the replacement soon. You can always reach us if you need assistance. We appreciate your great support.
2023-12-27
Use props
djiuser_tKJTqyhRxGdP
New

India

Hi, I'm using DJI mavic mini drone. After use I putted it into my room for a month. After 1 month I tried to fly but memory card was not inserted at the flying location so I decided to pack it. When I reached at home and check memory slot working fine but now while connecting, getting an error msg battery connection error unable to take-off. I am trying firmware update, all calibrations but still problem is same. Please solve this issue.
2-9 02:05
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_tKJTqyhRxGdP Posted at 2-9 02:05
Hi, I'm using DJI mavic mini drone. After use I putted it into my room for a month. After 1 month I tried to fly but memory card was not inserted at the flying location so I decided to pack it. When I reached at home and check memory slot working fine but now while connecting, getting an error msg battery connection error unable to take-off. I am trying firmware update, all calibrations but still problem is same. Please solve this issue.

Hi there, do you have any other batteries? If yes, please try others and see if it is the same.
For this battery, please clean the connector and try it again.
2-9 20:38
Use props
djiuser_kdN8AH35wwmQ
New
Malaysia

Hi I'm a DJI mini 2 se user, if I only want to take 12mp non raw photo, can I use kioxia exceria 32gb SD card which is u1 only with 10mbs write speed. Note that I don't take videos but I take photos only. Just a few photos
2-9 21:59
Use props
FrankyDrone
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-12-27 00:56
Sorry, you had to return it But I hope you receive the replacement soon. You can always reach us if you need assistance. We appreciate your great support.

The replacement works very well. All good.

Check out some photos on instagram.com/franky.drone
dji_fly_20240121_051118_0063_1705778881151_photo.jpeg
dji_fly_20240121_051644_0080_1705778867999_photo.jpeg
dji_fly_20240113_183952_0003_1705136650188_photo.jpeg
2-9 22:18
Use props
FrankyDrone
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2-9 20:38
Hi there, do you have any other batteries? If yes, please try others and see if it is the same.
For this battery, please clean the connector and try it again.

Thanks for your response. I did return the drone. It was not a battery problem, but a drone issue. A 1 in a million chance and I got the lemon. : )
All good now, replacement is great.

Cheers,
Frank

instagram.com/franky.drone
2-9 22:21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FrankyDrone Posted at 2-9 22:21
Thanks for your response. I did return the drone. It was not a battery problem, but a drone issue. A 1 in a million chance and I got the lemon. : )
All good now, replacement is great.

Thanks for the update, Frank, glad to hear that the replacement works great.
Nice photos~
2-9 22:38
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_kdN8AH35wwmQ Posted at 2-9 21:59
Hi I'm a DJI mini 2 se user, if I only want to take 12mp non raw photo, can I use kioxia exceria 32gb SD card which is u1 only with 10mbs write speed. Note that I don't take videos but I take photos only. Just a few photos

Hi there, sorry that the SD card you mentioned is not on the compatibility list, we can't guarantee the performance when it works with the DJI Mini 2 SE.
Here is the SD card compatibility list of Mini 2 SE for your reference only.

16 GB:
SanDisk Extreme

32 GB:
Samsung PRO Endurance
Samsung EVO Plus
SanDisk Industrial
SanDisk Extreme V30 A2
SanDisk Extreme Pro V30 A1
SanDisk Extreme Pro V30 A2
Lexar 633x
Lexar 667x

64 GB:
Samsung PRO Endurance
Samsung EVO Plus
SanDisk Extreme V30 A1
SanDisk Extreme V30 A2
Lexar 633x
Lexar 667x
Lexar 1000x
Lexar High Endurance
Toshiba EXCERIA M303 V30 A1
Netac Pro V30 A1

128 GB:
Samsung EVO Plus
SanDisk Extreme V30 A2
SanDisk Extreme Plus V30 A1
SanDisk Extreme Plus V30 A2
Lexar 633x
Lexar 667x
Lexar 1000x
Lexar High Endurance
Toshiba EXCERIA M303 V30 A1
Netac Pro V30 A1

256GB:
SanDisk Extreme V30 A2
2-9 22:42
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

FrankyDrone Posted at 2-9 22:18
The replacement works very well. All good.

Check out some photos on instagram.com/franky.drone

What a nicely captured moment. We are glad you already have your replacement batteries. If you need any further assistance, you can always reach us. Have a great day ahead.
2-10 03:46
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules