Terra Output Coordinate System Error
761 4 2023-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ACOMS_FL
lvl.1
United States

I am trying to take a dataset from an L1 flight and output the LAS file with the NA83 Florida West horizontal datum and the NAVD88 height (ft US).  One option I see is the height offset, which I am not touching.

When I run this processing, I get an error (below is from the log export):

ERROR 1: No operation matching criteria found for coordinate
Error:5001,transformer create failed

If I leave everything defaulted (WGS 84) I can process the data without error, so I am not believing this is a resource constraint in the computer (128GB RAM, GeForce RTX3090, 12th gen i9, on a 4TB m2 card).

It is only when I try to change the output system that I get this error.

Thanks for any insight you may have.

Steve

2023-12-30
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

NAVD88 is not implemented in Terra. It appear in the list i know, but it doesnt work. Try to find your geoid here https://cdn.proj.org/

2023-12-31
Use props
YWF_epi
lvl.1

United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 2023-12-31 03:28
NAVD88 is not implemented in Terra. It appear in the list i know, but it doesnt work. Try to find your geoid here https://cdn.proj.org/

I'm facing the same issue, I can select the .tif for the geoid on the given selections but in no where unable to import the one I need. Any advice?
2-2 16:46
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

YWF_epi Posted at 2-2 16:46
I'm facing the same issue, I can select the .tif for the geoid on the given selections but in no where unable to import the one I need. Any advice?

No way to do that in Terra, at least i never succeed.
I leave the geoid in default (WGS84) then i correct point cloud altitude with Metashape.
2-2 22:42
Use props
YWF_epi
lvl.1

United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 2-2 22:42
No way to do that in Terra, at least i never succeed.
I leave the geoid in default (WGS84) then i correct point cloud altitude with Metashape.

I see.
I've changed the Altitude on Base Station Center Point Settings to the orthometric height from the static observation, kept the Coordinate System to WGS 84, projected to my horizontal coordinate system and kept my geoid to Default. Somehow the point cloud matches the control points up to ~0.070' +/-.

Still not sure whether this is the correct way to go. Most likely I'll have to correct the Z values with a different program. Cheers
2-5 09:55
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules