Camera failed to start
2113 22 1-4 10:17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Johnyboy
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hello,

Several times I get the error message "camera failed to start" the only thing I can do to solvet is to reinstall the app DJI Mimo.
I'm using an IPhone 15 Pro.

Is there an other solution?

Thanks,

Jan
1-4 10:17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May I confirm the current iOS version of your mobile device?
1-5 00:16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if the error is still showing after you reinstall the DJI Mimo app? If yes, please take a photo or shoot videos using your mobile phone camera several times or for an extended period and check if there is an abnormal display. Please keep us posted. We appreciate your cooperation.
1-5 00:16
Use props
Johnyboy
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-5 00:16
Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May I confirm the current iOS version of your mobile device?

Software is IOS 17.2.1
1-5 01:25
Use props
Johnyboy
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-5 00:16
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if the error is still showing after you reinstall the DJI Mimo app? If yes, please take a photo or shoot videos using your mobile phone camera several times or for an extended period and check if there is an abnormal display. Please keep us posted. We appreciate your cooperation.

When I go in photo mode in the Mimo app to Academy, see a tutorial and then go back to Device. Then I get the error message. When I do the same in video mode there is no error message.When I got the error message I have to reinstall the app.

Edit: when I get the error message in photo mode, then I can go to video mode and the camera is working, also when I go back to photo mode.
1-5 05:27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Johnyboy Posted at 1-5 05:27
When I go in photo mode in the Mimo app to Academy, see a tutorial and then go back to Device. Then I get the error message. When I do the same in video mode there is no error message.When I got the error message I have to reinstall the app.

Edit: when I get the error message in photo mode, then I can go to video mode and the camera is working, also when I go back to photo mode.

Thank you for keeping us posted. Could you please upload a screen recording showing the issue so we can check it further? You may upload the video via YouTube and send the link here. We appreciate your cooperation.
1-8 01:44
Use props
Johnyboy
lvl.1

Netherlands

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-8 01:44
Thank you for keeping us posted. Could you please upload a screen recording showing the issue so we can check it further? You may upload the video via YouTube and send the link here. We appreciate your cooperation.

I’ve made a screen video : https://youtu.be/mweKD1b7sJ8?si=d2t86Ct3goxl0jSN

Hope you can see it

Jan
1-8 02:12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Johnyboy Posted at 1-8 02:12
I’ve made a screen video :

Hope you can see it

Thank you for the information provided. Our engineers have already determined the cause of this issue. Upgrading an iPhone to iOS 17 causes a compatibility problem with the Mimo app, resulting in an error message on the app's camera screen. Please rest assured that we are working closely with Apple to find a solution. We appreciate your understanding and support.
1-9 22:31
Use props
Darien Day
lvl.1
United States

Johnyboy Posted at 1-5 05:27

I'm also experiencing this with my Osmo Mobile 6.

I get the camera error also.  When I switch to video the camera works.  I can then switch back to photo and it keeps working.

I'm using an iPhone 15 Pro. Max on iOS 17.2.1
1-12 22:36
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Darien Day Posted at 1-12 22:36
I'm also experiencing this with my Osmo Mobile 6.

I get the camera error also.  When I switch to video the camera works.  I can then switch back to photo and it keeps working.

Thank you for your feedback. Our engineers have already determined the cause of this issue. Upgrading an iPhone to iOS 17 causes a compatibility problem with the Mimo app, resulting in an error message on the app's camera screen. Please rest assured that we are working closely with Apple to find a solution.

In the meantime, you can try restarting DJI Mimo or restarting your phone. Alternatively, you can use the phone's camera app and shoot with an Osmo Mobile gimbal for enhanced stabilization. We appreciate your understanding and continued support.
1-13 00:03
Use props
djiuser_oncsXcm7J9ug
New

Kenya

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-13 00:03
Thank you for your feedback. Our engineers have already determined the cause of this issue. Upgrading an iPhone to iOS 17 causes a compatibility problem with the Mimo app, resulting in an error message on the app's camera screen. Please rest assured that we are working closely with Apple to find a solution.

In the meantime, you can try restarting DJI Mimo or restarting your phone. Alternatively, you can use the phone's camera app and shoot with an Osmo Mobile gimbal for enhanced stabilization. We appreciate your understanding and continued support.

How can we continue our support if your support has failed to keep up with iOS upgrades?   What will be useful is WHEN you will fix this bug, not what you are doing to fix it.  Thank you.
1-29 00:06
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_oncsXcm7J9ug Posted at 1-29 00:06
How can we continue our support if your support has failed to keep up with iOS upgrades?   What will be useful is WHEN you will fix this bug, not what you are doing to fix it.  Thank you.

Thank you for your notice. Rest assured that our corresponding team is working on this phenomenon for faster rectification. Any updates will be cascaded to our official website, please stay tuned. We hope for your patience and understanding.
2-1 02:46
Use props
djiuser_CNPIiXRLOsJy
New

Mexico

Same here.. it doesn’t work, it’s a shame I just bought it and I’m extremely disappointed
2-6 10:18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_CNPIiXRLOsJy Posted at 2-6 10:18
Same here.. it doesn’t work, it’s a shame I just bought it and I’m extremely disappointed

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. Please ensure that the DJI Mimo has been updated to the latest version and check whether DJI Mimo permissions on the mobile phone have been enabled completely. If an Android mobile phone is being used, please enable “Developer Options”. Take photos or shoot videos with the mobile phone camera several times or for an extended period and ensure that there is no abnormal display. If the error is also reported when the mobile phone camera is being used, please contact the mobile phone’s manufacturer for confirmation. Try restarting the phone and relaunching the DJI Mimo app. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2-6 23:59
Use props
djiuser_s3pyHFPpQ33d
New

American Samoa

Any word on this?  Can't believe it would take this long to come up with a fix...  Sad emoji...
2-17 12:21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_s3pyHFPpQ33d Posted at 2-17 12:21
Any word on this?  Can't believe it would take this long to come up with a fix...  Sad emoji...

Hi there. May we know what is the model and the system version of your phone? Thank you.
2-17 21:07
Use props
Bastian11
New

Thailand

Exactly the same problem with my 15 pro max / 17.4 - works 1 time after installation and than it won’t connect to the camera again - thus I would have to send it back in case in can not be fixed soon
2-18 20:32
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Bastian11 Posted at 2-18 20:32
Exactly the same problem with my 15 pro max / 17.4 - works 1 time after installation and than it won’t connect to the camera again - thus I would have to send it back in case in can not be fixed soon

Hi, Bastian11. Sorry about the trouble. If it is a connection issue, please try the procedures below:
1. Please make sure to enable the mobile phone’s Bluetooth;
2. Please check if all the permissions in the DJI Mimo app are fully enabled.
3. Check whether the app is the latest version. If not, please update it to the latest version.
4. We advise going to the mobile phone’s Settings - Bluetooth List and omitting the Bluetooth connection records.
5. Please kindly reset the gimbal’s Bluetooth:
* DJI OM 5/Osmo Mobile 6/Osmo Mobile SE: Press the Switch Button, Shutter/Record Button, and Trigger at the same time and reset the Bluetooth connection.
6. Please hard reset the mobile phone.
7. If the issue persists, we advise using another mobile phone (iOS↔Android) and try again. If the connection still fails, please send back your device for further testing.
I hope this helps. Please keep us posted. Have a great day.
2-18 20:41
Use props
Ckruthoff22
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2989 ft
Colombia

DJI Tony Posted at 2-18 20:41
Hi, Bastian11. Sorry about the trouble. If it is a connection issue, please try the procedures below:

It is not a connection issue as this also happens to me and the app is able to briefly use the front camera before telling me "Camera failed to start". Permissions are fine, reinstalling app wont fix and resetting the OM6 also will not fix.
The issue here is that the app for whatever god forsaken reason refuses to correctly use the camera and you "advice using another mobile phone" or hard resetting our phones? No. Either fix this glaringly massive issue or refund our purchases and the protection plans we paid for since apparently DJI is allergic to fixing this bug.
I bought the OM6 for a trip to brazil and now it's unusable.
2-20 17:30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Ckruthoff22 Posted at 2-20 17:30
It is not a connection issue as this also happens to me and the app is able to briefly use the front camera before telling me "Camera failed to start". Permissions are fine, reinstalling app wont fix and resetting the OM6 also will not fix.
The issue here is that the app for whatever god forsaken reason refuses to correctly use the camera and you "advice using another mobile phone" or hard resetting our phones? No. Either fix this glaringly massive issue or refund our purchases and the protection plans we paid for since apparently DJI is allergic to fixing this bug.
I bought the OM6 for a trip to brazil and now it's unusable.

I understand. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2-21 03:04
Use props
Dave-DG
New
Flight distance : 13025 ft
United Kingdom

Hi there, I’m having the same “cannot connect to camera” issue
I’m running the Mimo app on an iPhone 15 pro with iOS 17.3.1 (21D61) - is there already affix for this problem…? I’m having the OM6….
2-24 01:20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Dave-DG Posted at 2-24 01:20
Hi there, I’m having the same “cannot connect to camera” issue
I’m running the Mimo app on an iPhone 15 pro with iOS 17.3.1 (21D61) - is there already affix for this problem…? I’m having the OM6….

Hi there, sorry about the trouble. Please try as follows, thank you.
3. Check whether the app is the latest version. If not, please update it to the latest version.
4. We advise going to the mobile phone’s Settings - Bluetooth List and omitting the Bluetooth connection records.
5. Please kindly reset the gimbal’s Bluetooth: Press the Switch Button, Shutter/Record Button, and Trigger at the same time and reset the Bluetooth connection.
6. Please hard reset the mobile phone.
7. If the issue persists, we advise using another mobile phone (iOS↔Android) and try again. If the connection still fails, please send back your device for further testing.
2-24 01:28
Use props
djiuser_obH8yc56ChPv
New

Austria

DJI Wanda Posted at 2-24 01:28
Hi there, sorry about the trouble. Please try as follows, thank you.
Guten Tag ich habe ebenfalls das Kamera Problem. Alle im Forum angeführten Maßnahmen helfen nicht. Wann ist der Software Bugfix verfügbar?
3-7 05:54
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules